Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

has the fun got back into charlton ?

posting off for my tickets for the reading game it dawned on me that this will be the third away game i've been to this season (fulham and chelsea - didn't do west ham because i was still in last season's mode) and that i've pencilled in the ones to arsenal, spurs and watford as well...nothing remarkable about that the die-hard away traveller might say, except for a while now i couldn't be arsed to go to any away game apart from fulham...and judging by the fact that we've rarely taken the full allocation for these types of games in recent years let alone sell out i've probably not been alone in that sentiment...if this keeps up that dowie may have a lot to answer for come the end of the season...

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    think you are right,there will be a couple of extra ones for me this year.we seem to now be of the attitude that we aren't just turning up to grind out a nil-nil or nick a 1-0 win and that we have actually come for the win.they do have a belief in themselves and i believe in them.
  • Options
    Id love to bloody be going..... Ive been getting the missing london vibe again recently....

Charlton, Curris, Girls with blow up guitars............
  • Options
    I agree LTGTR - 1905's support has taken an up turn this season. I have been to two which I wouldnt have gone to last season (Fulham and Bolton Wed night) - and now planning more.
  • Options
    me too.. chesterfield wigan and reading away all to come in november. yee ha.
  • Options
    I would normally go one or two away a season, will definately be making more of an effort this season.
  • Options
    Big time i am going all the away games i can
  • Options
    definitely agreed - got to the stage last season where I really wasn't bothered what the score

now the result is making/breaking my weekend as it used to in the old days
  • Options
    can't go tomoz so just as well it's on TV but been all so far bar Chelsea (£48 too much) and planning to do three of Chesterfield,Wigan,Reading,Sheff Utd. Would like to do all four, and may yet do, but being in quick sucession it's the expense. We'll see.

If you all had to miss one of those four which would you drop ?
  • Options
    there's a defiante Charlton of 'old' feel to all this, most of us here have seen a cople of relegations over the years and a couple of escapes as well and think this is just stirring all the old boys to get there scarfs back on and get on the away tip and put that bit more push into there singing and just generally show how much we all care!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Me as well - odd isn't it? Dunno if it's the more attractive football or the need to rally behind the team or a combination of the two but I've remembered that I care after all and having done no away games last year for the first time ever I plan to have gone to 5 before Christmas this year.

Go on the Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    totally agree LTGTR, something has got the desire back.

Last season I think the only away game I went to was Boro in the cup. *hangs head*

I went to Fulham the other week and although the result didn't go our way, thoroughly enjoyed the pre-match festivities and the game itself, like the good old days. Also went on Wednesday night, unheard of seeing me at a Carling cup 3rd round home game against premiership oppo!! Have got Chesterfield and Reading lined up, and looking forward to the xmas schedule home and away as well
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    It is cruelly ironic that I have rediscovered my desire to go to games at a time that I am least able to due to family commitments.
  • Options
    [cite] LargeAddick:[/cite]can't go tomoz so just as well it's on TV but been all so far bar Chelsea (£48 too much) and planning to do three of Chesterfield,Wigan,Reading,Sheff Utd. Would like to do all four, and may yet do, but being in quick sucession it's the expense. We'll see.

If you all had to miss one of those four which would you drop ?

if it were me, wigan.
  • Options
    Alright... you don't all have to say it... it's all down to this fantastic new website! ;-)
  • Options
    LoOkOuT
    It can't just be a coincidence :-)
    I am also looking forward to each game more, whether home or away. I am not going tomorrow (sky and distance and family, etc), but will be going to Reading and Sheff U (can't make Wigan)
    Although the results are not there (yet), I do feel that the players and supporters are up for it in a way we haven't been for the last 2 -3 seasons.
    COME ON YOU REDS
  • Options
    It's bloody brilliant being bottom. Let's hope a killer disease kills everyone in the whole world except terrorists, who then kill each other. Whoopy!!!
    If I were Large, I'd miss Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    But I might be small.
  • Options
    I think you might be pissed!!
  • Options
    So it seems might everyone else. Actually I'm not - this is a totally sober Friday night although you gave me an idea and I now have an Irish Cream drink on my desk. Odd choice but apt for this thread.
  • Options
    Is everyone still enjoying it after that "exciting" game then?
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] Off_it:[/cite]Is everyone still enjoying it after that "exciting" game then?
    ;o)

Yep, but then I couldn't find a pub round here that was showing it, so I'm just pleased with the away point gained rather than worrying about the performance.
  • Options
    it was a perforance from two very poor sides
  • Options
    scrub that.