Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Director Greg Bone Gone

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
so what happens to his shares has someonelse bought them ?

Comments

• Options
    yes thanks
  • Options
    There's nothing to say that if you step down from the board you have to sell your shares, the same way as you can own loads of shares and not be invited onto the borad (a la Arsenal).
  • Options
    Peerhaps we could get a supporter on the board to replace him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Peerhaps we could get a supporter on the board to replace him

What, you mean like a proper fan to act as a conduit between the masses and the board?

Now that's a good idea. Maybe we could have a vote?
  • Options
    lets be carefull who we vote for.
  • Options
    Elected ones aside, how many directors have left the Charlton board in the last 20 years? Not many.

John Fryer died, Jimmy Hill quit and Bill Strong had no role after the move to Selhurst Park, but all these were in the 1980s. John Sunley was a bit of mystery, but other than that there has been extraordinary stability.
  • Options
    Most of them have no real power anyway - the 'inner cartel' see to that; and good luck to them.

How many Directors do we have now for both PLC and Football Club?
  • Options
    was Mike Norris a director, or the chief executive (in the 'good ol days before before people got lavishly titled chief executive) ??
  • Options
    Nice bloke Greg and a real fan. Sorry to see him go but he has his reasons.

Maybe I'll tell him about Charlton Life so he can post on here occasionally.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Probably one for Oggy / Badger / LTGTR era but where did Bill Jenner fit in?

Was he an early version of Henry but unelected or (no offence Henry!) was he a "proper" director?

If memory serves me right he used to run the Charlton Development Association back in the 60s and maybe the supporters club too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike Norris was a director and investor in Charlton. I think he resigned after his construction business got into trouble.
  • Options
    And of course there was Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe.........
  • Options
    Just to add, Greg is a friend of this site and was particularly helpful when we were organising the Charity games during the summer.

Good luck for the future Greg
  • Options
    Strange how I instantly thought about a fall-out with someone at the club regarding overseas investment.

Hopefully there's nothing sinister in it and it was just time to move on - good luck Mr B
  • Options
    Blimey, I forgot both Mike Norris and, more recently, Roy King. However, that's still no departure in about eight years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Blimey, I forgot both Mike Norris and, more recently, Roy King. However, that's still no departure in about eight years.

What was that story about Roy King and the pies? Any truth in it?