Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Friday hangover cures...

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
I need some help, a large carton of fresh orange and a bacon bap with brown sauce just haven't done the trick....

my god it's gonna be a long day !

Comments

• Options
    Have a litre of water on your desk all day and try and do at least 4 litres......

Hangovers are first stages of dying of thirst.......

If you do two litres in the next 2 hrs you will feel around 3.4 times better...... particularly with that bit of grub already in......
  • Options
    Mascot - that's a rather precise measure of how much better you'll feel! lol
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    sausage and egg mcmuffin meal.hits the spot in about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Lots of experience ........( As Im sure we all have!!)

However the boss can start to thing your a bit of an A######le when he's see a massive bottle of water on your desk every other day and a heavy rosey tint to your cheeks with bloodshot eyes!!!!!!
  • Options
    Eat something sugary, drink plenty of fluids...
  • Options
    big bottle of water is here !...........the only other edable thing in my desk is a packet of salt and vinegar hula hoops, they are now being demolished!..

......................is it 5.30 yet ????
  • Options
    or plan b. you have the crisps already,ditch the water, get a can of fat coke instead and a mars bar.
  • Options
    Good luck mate....... Down it....

Every time you feel a bit dodgy force it down......
  • Options
    I have posted this before & I'll post it again, my sister is a nurse she said the ultimate cure for a hangover is :-

1 Packet of Salt & Vinegar Crisps
    1 Can of Fat Cola (Red one not Diet one)

Your Body is craving water/sugar/salt all these groups are covered in the above.

Personally the thought of drinking Cola & Eating crisps is abhorrent first thing in morning, gotta be a Full monty Fry Up..!
  • Options
    Have a Stella at lunchtime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walked in the Crutched Friar contemplating a hair of the dog....gave up within minutes and am now safely back at my desk keeping my head down and hoping that nobody needs me this afternoon...
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Pint glass... chuck in 2 raw eggs, splash of worcestershire sauce, teaspoon of marmalade and down the hatch......
  • Options
    but my favourite, bottle of Lucozade sport and a Ginsters buffet bar....
  • Options
    i have this horrible knack lately of having a hangover that is pretty mild in the morning, but gets increasingly worse as the day progresses.

greasy fish and chips hasn't helped either.
  • Options
    i was in the gym last night and this morning so am feeling virtuous...

so am champing at the bit!!! got a feeling tomorrow will be ropey.
  • Options
    From memory, the best cure was McDonalds breakfast
  • Options
    Are we talking about the football? ;o)
  • Options
    Have so far tried mars bar,coke,bacon sarnie and a mcdonalds and a bit like AFKA its getting worse as the afternoon ticks by. So can't offer any advice.
  • Options
    needed to have crisps with them.clearly your body is crying out for more alchohol.
  • Options
    thats what gonna happen in about 2 and a half minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    .........thank god today is over !!!
  • Options
    today's is the worst known to man.....why do we do it, was all ready to go home at 11.30 last night............and then left Charlie's in the city at 4am...

just strolled in the office
  • Options
    I've had 2 weeks off the booze in preparation for the next 4 days.
  • Options
    You should still be pissed. Ok I know you won't want to but get down the pub at midday and get them to make you a Bloody Mary (with lots of ice). Thought it was bollocks when people used to suggest it but I've used it a few times and it's worked 100%. And it works (for me) almost immediately. In the meantime, start chucking down water and headache tablets.
  • Options
    PS: and then once you've recovered get yourself down to The Valley with your shovel.
  • Options
    Alcohol will only numb the effects and pro-long the hangover...
  • Options
    I think the key is to have a pint of water before going to bed - sounds like its a little late for that though.
  • Options
    Powerade is very good for sorting you out.
  • Options
    Fry Up is the only way!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I think the key is to have a pint of water before going to bed - sounds like its a little late for that though.

far too late...