Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First Impressions after my first match

Just got home after a weekend down south including a trip to The Valley!

This is what I thought of the team in the Barnsley game:

THE GOOD BITS
The midfield - great team work, accurate and imaginative passing, Semedo - wow and he can only get better, Ambrose not bad, Reid the powerhouse but maybe tried to do a bit too much towards the end, ZZ in a different class, Thomas when he came on tried and worked well with Reid. They always looked likely to score and could have scored 3 or 4 more.

The defence - both Mills and Powell did some good attacking work down the wings.

THE BAD BITS
The Defence - as defenders they always looked liable to concede a goal and if Barnsely had been better they could have scored 3 or 4. Weaver looked very dodgey when he came out to collect a cross but his kicking was OK.

THE ATTACK
Had they ever met before, let alone played together as neither seemed to know what the other was doing. Varney looked completely out of confidence, Todorov a little better. Big Chris was the only one to really have anything positive and worked tirelessly but none of his fellow strikers seemed to be able to work with him.

OVERALL
They play pretty football and manage to maintain possession of the ball but I just have the feeling that when they come up against an in form team they will leak goals. But as others have said on this site 2nd after 10 games with a new team is very good and let's hope it can only get better.

Oh yes and the crowd, I was down the south end of the West stand, the Barnsley supporters were in great voice and our North stand tried hard but the east and the west were mainly mute, even I had to quieten down as my shouting was frightening a little girl sitting in front of me!

See you all at Preston

Comments

• Options
    good assessment Lancy, hope you enjoyed the trip.

The home crowd was definately a bit more subdued on Sat compared to the other games.
  • Options
    That's coz I wasn't there!
  • Options
    Yes things did seem more quiet than norm.

You would have thought being second in the table unbeaten people might of had more enthusiasm.

But hey this is Charlton