Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what a waste of money..........

Comments

• Options
    Jordan did a Goldberg, bought the club with no ground, and is now looking to sell on on the same terms.

Its all irrelevent, because the photo is hilarious !!
  • Options
    Christiano Ronaldo is probably worth more than the whole of Palarse!
  • Options
    I thought that Jordan had sorted out the purchase of the freehold?
  • Options
    nope, the ground is owned by a Tottenham director called Paul Kemsley (horrible bloke).

This is a very fair assessment from a Palace fan:

£45 million??!

He'll be lucky. Paterson took a year to sell the Club, which then had no debts and was not losing £2 million a year, for just £10 million. When Paterson sold, there were some very valuable players on the Books.

Mark Goldberg was bankrupted when he agreed to pay about £25 million (plus an option on the freehold) for the Club when it was in the top division.

Palace still don't own the ground (as was the case when the Club was in Administration), but when Jordan bought the Club he had a 99 year lease - and negotiated a 10 year tenancy. Now the Club has a lease with only a couple of years left - and no security of tenure.

Frankly, with the present losses and level of debt (and no freehold), Jordan would do well to find someone simply to take the Club over for nothing (i.e. take over responsibility for the Club's debts).
  • Options
    Imagine if Palace had to leave Selhurst and were looking for a Ground share...............................................

I wonder what would happen
  • Options
    I hope we'd tell them to bugger off...
  • Options
    They could groundshare with Millwall....... lol
  • Options
    SJ is pi$$ing in the wind if he really thinks he'll get a bean for Palace! The Club does not own its largest potential asset (the ground).

People that are interested in taking on Palace are just waiting for his patience to snap.

SJ has prided himself on not being liked (about the only thing he is any good at!), and as result any potential buyers/investors either do not wish to work with him or give him a bean when they can get it for sod all by playing a waiting game.

I'm in a minority of Palace fans who cannot wait to the back of our Jade Goodie style chairman!
  • Options
    It's not clear where the £45m figure has come from and maybe from a reliable source or a finger in the air from the Mail. As a private company CPFC would not have to make any public comment.

It could also be a leak to allow SJ to say how loyal he is to CPFC and will be sticking around. However he is on record as saying that he wanted to sell a few years ago (pre-the dowie miracle half-season).

Football clubs have 3 assets.

Players but they amortisise (is that a word?) very quickly and are hard to value. There is no Andy Johnson who could raise a large amount although SJ has spoken about turning down £2m for Moses

The ground/training ground/other property such as club houses. I don't think Palace own any of these and as has been said the lease on Selhurst if now far less favourable.

The league registration or what would be called Good will. You can buy a league club with an established customer base. How you value that depends on what you want. Ego trip, save your club, get on the Sky gravy train.

I just hope Son of Selhurst doesn't take over the club. I hate them to be run by someone sensible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]Imagine if Palace had to leave Selhurst and were looking for a Ground share...............................................

I wonder what would happen

I would buy a tape of that conversation.

"Hello, Richard Murray"

"Hi Richard, It's Simon. Look I know we've had a few disagreements but we're both business men......."
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Its all irrelevent, because the photo is hilarious !!

Single button suit and he's got it done up. And the hair!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Once he gets rid, I wonder how many millions Jordan will be poorer compared to when he bought the club out of administration.
    The fact that he couldn't raise the cash to buy the freehold, suggested that he had cash flow problems. I would imagine that he isn't half as wealthy now, than he leads us to believe. That interview he did in the papers about how he likes to splash his cash and the fact that he had made money out of Crystal Palace ....................... of course Simon.
    Expensive toys these football clubs you know, especially if you pick a loser.
  • Options
    and I thought the one good thing he had done for them was to buy the freehold.
  • Options
    On the thread about the possibility of Llanera going bust a couple of days ago I mentioned that a lot of property developers in Spain are struggling to sell their holiday villas and that Jordan was involved in building some villas in Spain (was it Majorca or Mallorca??). I wonder if he's been caught up in that and is struggling for cash.

Despite football club valuations going through the roof I can't see Palace being worth £45m. The club is presumably operating at a loss, they don't own the freehold (which needs being brought up to date) and it isn't as though they look like getting promoted to the Premier League where the real money is, neither can I see any players on their books worth paying £5m or above for.

As a yardstick Briatore and Ecclestone bought QPR for a rumoured $50m (ca £25m). Palace are in a better financial position than QPR but not that much better, on that basis I'd put a valuation on Palace of £30-35m tops, meaning if Jordan does sell it'll be at a loss.

A fool and his money...
  • Options
    £25M for QPR - that is just stupid!

£5M would've been over the odds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]£25M for QPR - that is just stupid!

£5M would've been over the odds.

Well they are billionnaires, but I don't know if that included the freehold, if so £25m was cheap...
  • Options
    Didn't the £25m for QPR also include about £20m of debt?
  • Options
    Do QPR own Loftus Rd? Selhurst was bought from Noades for £12m I think but is bigger. You could argue that for property development Loftus Rd is worth more, being closer to central london and the tube than Selhurst.
  • Options
    all jokes aside, palace would be worth buying for the franchise and moving it lock, stock and barrel to somewhere else (a la mk dons) where the stadium, transport and catchment area hasn't got a lot of competition and starting again...£45m is obviously the starting point for negotiations, the bid is ound to be at the othe end of the scale...just a question of where they see the potenial...north hampshire (basingstoke ? - though might be too close to reading), surrey (guildford), sussex (gatwick) all areas with geat transport links and no local club...and it doesn't matter about the existing fanbase if they want to go further afield, say somerset or dublin (as was once muted for wimbledon i believe)...this could get interesting...
  • Options
    Never. The FA wouldn't allow a team to leave it's area and move to a totally different part of the country. : - (

Real problem, as Brighton have found is finding area that wants a football club. Where in Croydon or Surrey could you buy enough land and not have NIMBYS holding up the building for years.
  • Options
    if you've got the cash to splash, things like that are not a problem...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]if you've got the cash to splash, things like that are not a problem...

Well that rules Palace out then but if they did leave that would mean Wimbledon gone, Palace gone, Millwall - who knows or cares.

No.1 in South London by default.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    which would make it worthwhile for any potential buyer of the biggest franchise area in football to also consider buying the palace franchise and closing it down i suppose...