Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie Stuart charged

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
from Yorkshire Post

A FORMER Charlton player has been arrested on suspicion of breaking York City striker Chris Beardsley's jaw in a non-league match.
Police sources said former Charlton Athletic and England Under-21 defender Jamie Stuart was questioned following the away clash in a Blue Square Premier League game between Grays Athletic and York City on September 22.

Beardsley, 23, later underwent surgery in which metal plates were fixed into his jaw to repair the breaks.

A spokesman for Essex Police said: "A 30-year-old man from Sidcup, Kent, has been arrested and released on police bail until December 7 in connection with the incident."

Police are appealing for anyone who attended the match, at Grays' Recreation Ground, to contact them.

Comments

• Options
    millwall fan , says it all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]millwall fan , says it all

he was never really a proper follower on any team if i remember. Used to come over to Upton Park with me a few times when we resided over there. Sadly went on to get involved with the wrong crowd, though i doubt you realise these things at the time. Was a nice lad, but haven't seen him for years.
  • Options
    saw him at my sons sports day a couple of months back. he didn't seem the brightest.
  • Options
    Sad to see the waste of talent.

Good enough for England U21 yet now facing criminal charges and not for the first time.
  • Options
    I played in the same district side as him. He was a great player but always had an edge to his game. Never the brightest but still razor sharp and bloody quick.

Strange - my first conversation with him was to give him a bollocking for a crap backpass and he apologised.
  • Options
    Swisdom, North Kent ?

I would of been the year above you.
  • Options
    freaky! yes North Kent

small world!

Do you keep an eye on the former players who went professional too?
  • Options
    You obviously don't know - AFKA is The Vin Nygen.
  • Options
    Nguyen - ha ha ha whatever happened to him.

I remember reading about the Vietnamese Boat People and was telling all my mates that we had one playing for us and he was going to be a star!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom, i'll whisper you.
  • Options
    Sorry AFKA - got the spelling of your name wrong.
  • Options
    Timmy Griggs (didn't amount to much though), Rob Quinn (AFC Wimbledon now but previously Palace, Brentford), Jamie Stuart...I think thats about it that made it.

Was in the same youth team at Charlton as Jamie Stuart too - alongside Lee Bowyer, Jason Tindall & Lee Hodges. My only good memory was playing against Ipswich who had Richard Wright in goal. He was really good back then and our players were really nervous about playing him before Jason tindall said "Yeah, well we have Swisdom in goal so they should be scared"

We drew 2-2 but it made me feel good for a day!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]saw him at my sons sports day a couple of months back. he didn't seem the brightest.

Did you beat him in the fathers' race Off_it?:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]small world!

Not for AFKA it isnt.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]saw him at my sons sports day a couple of months back. he didn't seem the brightest.

Did you beat him in the fathers' race Off_it?:-)

They didn't have one Len. Was told it was for the reason that not every child has a father these days. I did point out that EVERY child has a father - even ones out of a test tube - although obviously not all are still around. It's a PC World alright - and not a laptop in sight.

Was gutted really. Had worn my gold larmay (sp) tracksuit and evry ting blard!
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    There were not allowed to be any winners in my daughters sports day just in case anyone felt bad for losing........
  • Options
    Shame Off It, you'd of done great in the Sack (of potatoes) Race :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Shame Off It, bet you're great in the Sack

Hello sailor!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite] he didn't seem the brightest.

when we sacked him, he turned up at the training ground with a letter from the club and asked what the word "terminated" meant.
    as in "your contract is hereby terminated"

allegedly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has been bailed to return on December 7th.
  • Options
    His brothers already in nick
  • Options
    What did his brother do? Was he called Paul?
  • Options
    Yeah you know him?

Crashed his motor while under the influence of a few things and then ran off so I'm told.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    I know of him but don't know him personally. And you telling me that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.