Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Micheal Turner on Charlton

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
A week before his 21st birthday, Michael Turner received some disappointing but expected news from his Charlton boss Alan Curbishley.
Having failed to make a single first-team appearance after nearly a decade on their books, Turner was informed that his dream of Premiership football would have to wait. In hindsight and by his own admission, it was the rejection that has made the player.
Since his Charlton snub, Turner has enjoyed two successful years with Brentford before arriving at the KC Stadium in a £350,000 switch last summer.

Tonight, he goes up against his boyhood club for the first time when City host the in-form title favourites.
Although there is no animosity towards the Addicks, Turner has good reason to want to help the Tigers to back-to-back wins tonight.
"It's always nice to play against your former clubs because you're up for it and ready to prove a point"
"I was there for a long time as a kid and then turned professional there at 18 so I've obviously got fond memories of the place.
"I didn't manage to make my debut there but I got my grounding there and enjoyed all my time there.
"I had some great times there. I had a memorable time in Italy with Inter Milan as part of a youth team swap and we also managed to win the reserve team league when I was there.

"I was disappointed at the time that I didn't manage to get a first-team appearance, but it was at a time they were doing well in the Premier League."

Turner spent spells at loan at Leyton Orient and Brentford before finally departing from The Valley for good in 2004.

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/football/hull_city/tigers_news/displayarticle.php?ID=2798

Comments

• Options
    "Tonight, he goes up against his boyhood club for the first time when City host the in-form title favourites."

Apart from when he played against us for Brentford in the cup.
  • Options
    Stick Luke Varney on his shoulder and lets see if he's found another pace, other then dead slow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Stick Luke Varney on his shoulder and lets see if he's found another pace, other then dead slow

Stick Luke Varney five yards behind him so Luke might be able to stay onside one time in the game.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Stick Luke Varney on his shoulder and lets see if he's found another pace, other then dead slow[/quote]

Stick Luke Varney five yards behind him so Luke might be able to stay onside one time in the game.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. He is lightning fast so no need to get caught offside at all.

Turner Vs Iwelumo should be good battle but I am worried about Windass
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Stick Luke Varney on his shoulder and lets see if he's found another pace, other then dead slow

Stick Luke Varney five yards behind him so Luke might be able to stay onside one time in the game.

Darren Bent got caught off side loads in the not so distant past, and a couple of them at the weekend were boarder line.