Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clarkson - Love him or Loathe him.......

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarkson is a prick. Him and Morgan are everything wrong with the cesspit of press/media in this country.

What's also worrying is how an editor has read that and thought it was ok to publish.
    Pretty sure the editor of the Sun was on tv Sunday morning denying they attack H&M and actually are positive towards them. Expect nothing less really. 
  • Options
    Comes across well on the farming shows, everything else he's a total twot... which I'm guess is more his normal personality.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

hang on a second... was that not an episode of game of thrones?? 
    Yes, that’s what he’s referring to. 
  • Options
    He's a knob, they're a pair of knobs. Simple really.
  • Options
    The 'everyone who is my age thinks the same way.' is the telling comment. 

Clarkson genuinely believes every 50+ man wants to see a black woman paraded naked through the streets with excrement thrown at her. And doesn't think that's anything out of the ordinary at all. 
    No he doesn’t, he knows full well 50+ men could not give a toss about Harry, Megan and the royals in general.

If he did write that article it was done for reactions and effects and reading some of the comments above I would say it’s mission accomplished 
  • Options
    So are we therefore then allowed to write and post what we want just for a laugh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never liked Clarkson, he’s just not my cup of tea. But it’s clearly an exaggerated comment. The cancel culture and social media pile ons are quickly going to lead us to virtually zero comedy, shock jocks etc and just plain vanilla arts, tv & radio productions, publications

Personally I think there is a huge difference between genuine and inciteful hate, and exaggerated for reaction, amusement etc 
    While I agree that humour policing is far too rife at the moment, c'mon, he's absolutely done this to play into the 'cancel culture' narrative. Genuinely best ignored
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I know almost nothing about the Harry/Meghan thing, because I avoid it. I simply don't care, it doesn't matter a fig to anyone with an ounce of intelligence. What he has written there is out of order, but worse is his pompous assumption that "Everyone Who's [his] age thinks the same way". 

No you slack-jawed, gammon faced twonk, many - like me - don't give a shit, and I am sure there are some who, for some unfathomable reason, are interested in the lives of people they don't know, and will never meet but they are on their "side". 

Just because every single person you hang about with is a burk like you, does not mean the whole world shares your interest or your opinion. 

He was right about Brexit though.  ;)   
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Never liked Clarkson, he’s just not my cup of tea. But it’s clearly an exaggerated comment. The cancel culture and social media pile ons are quickly going to lead us to virtually zero comedy, shock jocks etc and just plain vanilla arts, tv & radio productions, publications

Personally I think there is a huge difference between genuine and inciteful hate, and exaggerated for reaction, amusement etc 
    Don't agree with this at all. You have to call out blatant misogyny for what it is.

We can't allow stuff like that to be printed in a national newspaper and then wonder why we live in a world where women can't walk home alone after a night out.

Yeah fair enough @croydon respect your view.

Does the same apply to celebrity women offering opinion on males? 
  • Options
    Recently invited to a royal lunch with our dear Queen Consort. 

Wouldn't want to connect the dots but....
  • Options
    Personally I think Top Gear is far better now, it did become unwatchable until Evans went. Interesting seeing the different opinions on this thread. I couldn't care less about Harry and his Wife.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2011/feb/05/top-gear-offensive-steve-coogan
  • Options
    Quite liked his Amazon farm series, which there is another one dropping very soon. Always pays to stay in the news if you have something to sell.

It was without question a silly thing to write and I cannot believe he or anyone else can have genuine hate for someone who has nothing to  do with them or not really done much wrong apart from upset the tabloid readers or Netflix subs. I would imagine someone at the rag would have a say on what does or doesn't get printed, they actually encourage this stupidity. I predict it will get worse as papers financial loses and "reader" numbers continue to head downward.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Clarkson is a prick. Him and Morgan are everything wrong with the cesspit of press/media in this country.

What's also worrying is how an editor has read that and thought it was ok to publish.
    a female editor as well apparently 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Don't agree with this at all. You have to call out blatant misogyny for what it is.

We can't allow stuff like that to be printed in a national newspaper and then wonder why we live in a world where women can't walk home alone after a night out.

Yeah fair enough @croydon respect your view.

Does the same apply to celebrity women offering opinion on males? 
    Who are you referring to, Jo Brand?!
  • Options
    Loathe.

As you might expect.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

That "editor" is Victoria Newton of the currant bun.  Murdoch's lowest level organ dispensing hate and misinformation.  Bang on message from Murdoch Inc to be abusing the Duchess of Sussex
    There's no satire, no exaggeration for humorous effect.  It's awful on every level and a new low even for that bloated gobshite
    Robbing the scene from GoT will have been lost on the vast majority exposed to this outburst.
    The unabashed misogyny in the piece is abhorrent.
    I doubt Clarkson would cheerfully embrace the "humour" if another comment piece advocated him being pilloried.
    He, Morgan, Farage and anybody taking Murdoch's coin should be ignored, deplatformed, shunned.  The "free speech" they're all so intoxicated by is worth fuck all if nobody's listening to them
  • Options
    So evoke the memory of Rose West as part of your diatribe…classy.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I can't think of any tv programme that hasn't been better when he's not on it