Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that have had their name changed..... but are still the same thing!

2»

Comments

• Options
    the one that i think is horrible is that "Coke light" crap - get well peed off when i realise i've picked a can of that up by mistake.
  • Options
    i get annoyed when i pick up one of those coke bottles with vanilla in it. its manky and tastes like cream soda, which is one of the worst things ever invented.
  • Options
    oh well, I'm wrong then :-) .... but I did read that they were virtually identical, just a minor adjustment to the sweeteners used, the Coca Cola idea being that they reckon the male demographic want a diet coke but they didn't want it with the word 'diet'.

Perhaps the minor chemical adjustment was to change the taste, or perhaps I am just completely wrong.
  • Options
    ok lets do an experiment just to be sure. give me 5 mins i'll grab two cans and tell you the difference!
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]How about things where a name has been kept for a completely different product?

Eg. Bovril was made from beef stock, now made from yeast extract

Wrong! They did stop using beef stock due to the mad cow stuff, but have now recently started re-using beef.....
  • Options
    [cite] suzisausage:[/cite]ok lets do an experiment just to be sure. give me 5 mins i'll grab two cans and tell you the difference!

are you going to down them ?

are you going to go out into the street with two cups with question marks over them ?
  • Options
    no, i'm going to write the content.

coke zero
    energy: 1.5kj, 0.5kcal
    protein, carb, fat, fibre, sodium all 0g
    ingredients: carbonated water, colour (caramel e150d), phosphoric acid, sweetners (aspartame, acesulfame k), flavourings (including caffine), acidity regulator( e331), contains a source of phenylalanine

diet coke
    energy: 2.0kj, 0.5kcal
    fat, protein, carb, fibre, sodium all 0g
    ingredients: carbonated water, colour (caramel e150d), sweetners,(aspartame, acesulfame k), flavourings (including caffine) phosphoric acid, citric acid, preservative (e211) containts a source of phenylalanine
  • Options
    We need Oakster to sort this out, he used to sell E's.

E numbers that is...
  • Options
    Johnny Couger who became....
    John Couger Mellencamp (hope he was born with that name and didn't choose it !) who became...
    John Mellencamp
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] BlackForestReds:[/cite]Bombay became Mumbai.

Apparently, Mumbai is the name the local polpulation use for Bombay. Some regions of India still call it Bombay.

Explanation here: http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Article2365.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Centre half = centre back
    Linesmen = referees assistant
    Addicks = robins = valiants = addicks
    Surrey Docks station = Surrey Quays station
    Tangoman = Simon Jordan

(Sorry, am I too late for this?)
  • Options
    Southern Death Cult became The Death Cult became The Cult
    Seymour became Blur
    Massive Attack became Massive for "Unfinished Sympathy" - they dropped the Attack because they disagreed with the Gulf War that started about the same time (I think anyway)
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] Off_it:[/cite]
    Tangoman = Simon Jordan

who later became C**T
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    simon jordan is a w*nker, is a w*nker
    simon jordan is a w*nker, is a w*nker
  • Options
    Love all that, great for the telly so it was!!!
  • Options
    [cite] C_f_W:[/cite]Love all that, great for the telly so it was!!!

Good to see ya aboard geez, hope your enjoying it.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    england = eng-er-land,
    jimmy seed stand = south stand (according to some),
    macalpine stadium = (whatever huddersfields ground is now called)
    a well timed tackle from a defender = foul

oh and them fried chicken places that re-open every 2 weeks with a different name,
    ie the chicken hut = chicken hut = chicken nest = fried chicken hut nest = southern nest chicken hut fried = some kind of environmental health dept closure or failure to keep up leasehold payments or both.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Beejam became Iceland
    Ceylon became Sri Lanka
    Your Anus became Uranus
    Diplodockcus became Derplodicus
    Cat Stevens became Yusuf Islam
    Nigel Kennedy became Kennedy
    Franc/Deutschmark/Peseta/Drachma/Krone/Punt/Lire became The Euro
    East Pakistan became Bangledesh

How many African Countries have changed their name recently?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Coke(not the diet variety)Became Charlie,Blues became Speed,Sunday Roasts Became Takaways,Strongbow Became Magners with ice! & the Shilling became a five pence piece! Bought My First Tonic SUIT For 2 pounds and 10 shillings,Looked Well Cool but cold on Lewis coaches,always broke down or no heating answers please on a postcardThe Valiants became the robins & so on.