Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A good win tonight

Easily deserved over a really bad Norwich side who should have been penalised earlier for their fouling. A good test of character and Danny Mills played the likes of Huckerby and Dublin like mugs.

The officials seemed to be making up for lost time at the end - it's less the ref I'm angry with, for he was facing the other way, more the lino in front of the East Stand for ignoring Dublin's needless foul on Mills.

Defence is still shaky, but we'll have to get used to that now - sets us up nicely for Saturday. Good crowd tonight as well.

Comments

• Options
    You got home fast ;-)
  • Options
    Heh. It was there waiting for me!
  • Options
    What was the attendance?
  • Options
    21,500-odd. Norwich brought about 1,000 at the most.
  • Options
    Shame - was hoping we had more than Chelsea!
  • Options
    So Norwich couldn't contain McLeod when he came on?

And Sam got a standing ovation at the end?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]21,500-odd. Norwich brought about 1,000 at the most.

Not according to the Norwich fans website (http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/4/1024007/ShowPost.aspx#1024007):

Re: Charlton v Norwich Match Thread

We were in the game till the 83rd Min.

What happened to the lads, they just lost their heads!?!

2 penalties and a sending off in the last 10 minutes of an away game that we had a point on the cards from.

I'm raging i hope the lads get the HairDryer Treatment. It'll be a long trip home.

Well done the 2,000 Canaries who were there to witness this.

The Green, White & Gold Canary
  • Options
    They don't seem at all pleased with Grant. I must say that it seems pretty naff bringing on your top striker when 2-0 down with just 2 minutes left.
  • Options
    I think there were other penalty shouts for us that looked more convincing than the firat which was given and the second was outside the box, well done to McCloud for landing in it. We had the most of the play by some way but maybe the best save of the night was from Weaver just before half time?

It was a spluttering performance but it all builds confidence and we did deserve to win.
  • Options
    Third in the table!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/default.stm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]What was the attendance?
    21,543 and palace only had 14,455 (figures from bbc teletext)
  • Options
    Less than 20,000 Addicks there though. Matchday ticket sales couldn't of been great.
  • Options
    Lets not gloat over Palarse attendance until we have been in this league for 2 years, lets hope we don't find out what that is like.

Our 17.5K season tickets have the potential of free premiership football next year, if we don't go up how many will renew?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Maglor[/cite]Lets not gloat over Palarse attendance until we have been in this league for 2 years, lets hope we don't find out what that is like.

Our 17.5K season tickets have the potential of free premiership football next year, if we don't go up how many will renew?

If if's and and's were pots and pans ....

Why not gloat? Their attendance was shite - end of. If we don't enjoy ourselves now when can we?
  • Options
    hear hear,to many gloom merchants