Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Microsoft Word help ....

edited September 2007 in Troubleshooting
sorry for being so stupid, I am trying something really simple but isn't woking for me (it's Word 2003 by the way) ....

....I just want to import a jpg picture into a new word document, put some text over it and print.

If I set the picture layout to "behind text", then a Print Preview shows a blank document, or just the text if I've added it.

But, apart from Print Preview, the document looks exactly like I want.

Any help appreciated ...

Comments

• the print preview settings sometimes show things not to be how they are. have you tried actually printing it?

the print settings may be configured to just show certain things, try fiddling with those settings under properties "show all" or something.

also might be different if you're showing it in colour/black and white and printing in colour or black and white as it doesn't always show exactly what you want?
  • It didn't print either - so the Print Preview is true.

Looked at the options and just found it now thank you!

Tools / Options / Print / Include with document - "drawing objects"

Sorted :-)
  • lol, i read the heading of this 'Microsoft world cup' and thought the world has gone geekazoid mad! i should lay off the aromatic cigarettes!!
  • Please help. My Wife wants to buy a tablet for her work, she uses Microsoft office, mainly Excel. What would be the best tablet to use for this.
  • Have you tried switching it off and on again?
    Thats my IT knowledge
  • Redhenry said:

Please help. My Wife wants to buy a tablet for her work, she uses Microsoft office, mainly Excel. What would be the best tablet to use for this.

A surface pro 2 or 3 (128k or 256)

• Thanks Absurdistan