Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

sons team

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
My son had his last training session 2night b4 his season k/o on sunday. He plays in the Tambridge league 4 an under 13 team based in Beckenham. During the session he went down like he had been shot,some of the other dads who were watching said he has been watching 2 much of our own J Thomas,we have since found out he has done ligament damage 2 his foot. HE has been told rest it ,what can a 13 year old do with no football involved,keep answers clean please. he is really gutted. Please show a bit of support 4 him.

Comments

• Options
    how bad is the damage? hopefully if it isn't too bad then it won't be too long before he can get back to playing.

Is it to his ankle?

I damaged my ankle ligaments late last year and went to see a physio about it, there are some exercises to do which help to strengthen the ankle which means less pressure is put on the ligament itself. This means it is less likely to happen again and might help to shorten the time out.

Hopefully it won't be too long before he can play again.
  • Options
    swimming mate, done my knees at the same age. never listened to anyone and carried on playing . fcuked now though!
  • Options
    What a shame. Is the team beacons? I know two boys who play for them but younger teams. I was looking for a new team for my son this summer after he was "let go" by his old lot and they offered him a trial.

Cycling or even better swimming as not weight bearing. No sure if that is resting though. He could concentrate on his school work or if he's musical learn the guitar/piano.

Hope he's better soon.
  • Options
    he could go night clubbing with a page 3 model, that's what some professional footballers seem to swear by when they're out with an injury...
  • Options
    Whatever he does he needs to keep moving it as just restin it will leave ligaments weak.Swimming is best option.