Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby tonight.

2»

Comments

• Options
    from heros to zeros...england will probably win the world cup now...
  • Options
    everything I said before the game was bang on, and I made money on it
  • Options
    How can we be so bad,unfortunately the old farts at the rfu didn't like reveloutionary ideas and didn't back Woodward,hence the shambles of the past 4 years.
  • Options
    A few reason

1. No plan to regain, just cash in on a win
    2. The Premiership has the same problem as the Premier League, where fear rules, and produces one dimensional rugby, time to end promotion and relegation
    3. basic skills we teach kids
  • Options
    4. Too many foreign players
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]A few reason

1. No plan to regain, just cash in on a win
    2. The Premiership has the same problem as the Premier League, where fear rules, and produces one dimensional rugby, time to end promotion and relegation
    3. basic skills we teach kids[/quote]

Agreed. I would add that the Premiership has a problem with the number of foreign players too, or 'non-English', this is, to a degree stifling talent. Talent in itself is being limited as although grassroots rugby is good, the step between ie academies are not as progressive as Southern Hemisphere.

England are relying on what were the fringe international players of the last 10 years and Ashton's squad for the WC was not as bold as I thought it would be.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    That's why I would close the Premiership, and say if you're Northampton last year, you wouldn't gamble money on a lot of expensive Kiwis and Saffas, but you'll be comfy trying your academy players.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Absolutely, unutterably dreadful.

. Sackey was woeful - how on Earth can you have a winger with no pace ffs? [/quote]

Leroy he's got absolute bundles of pace we never gave hime one ball to show it
  • Options
    Defensivley he very very poor....couldn't tackle a paper bag.
  • Options
    Go go Tonga, again and again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/6995640.stm