Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doff's Cap to Scotland

6 points off the French is some achievement.

Plus they had 20k at the game!! Just like Charlton really.......

Comments

• Options
    Sorry, can't find it in myself to congratulate them at all. Do you think they would do the same if we did similar?

It was funny listening to the radio this morning after a newsreader described McFaddens goal as a fluke. The jocks were not happy!!
  • Options
    I'm part Scots mate.... Thats why I have some much trouble with trousers ;-)

Anyway we're "bigger" than them so its good to be gracious
  • Options
    they still wont qualify, so well done but just like when northern ireland beat us so what!
    we're going thru we're going thru you're not
  • Options
    It wasn't a fluke. it was a great goal. the keeper looked absolutely gutted, he had a hand on it, but kinda turned it into the net. it would have gone in still if he hadn't got to it.
  • Options
    the keeper dived past it .. at that level it should have been a comfortable save
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]they still wont qualify, so well done but just like when northern ireland beat us so what!
    we're going thru we're going thru you're not

Looking at their games I think theyve got a great chance to.

I'd rather they were there than Italy / France
  • Options
    Sorry CD, no feelings for the sweaties at all......I hope they fail to qualify.
  • Options
    if scotland qualify we'll have more chance of winning it against the likes of them rather than france
  • Options
    20000 Scots now. Every time I hear the amount of Scots at the match it seems to go up, it will be 50k soon.

The best thing is if they qualify it means France or Italy miss out, as Ooh Aah said, much better chances for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if scotland qualify we'll have more chance of winning it against the likes of them rather than france

I'd rather they were there than Italy / France

Thats the point I was making....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]20000 Scots now. Every time I hear the amount of Scots at the match it seems to go up, it will be 50k soon.

The best thing is if they qualify it means France or Italy miss out, as Ooh Aah said, much better chances for us.

And they were all impeccably behaved , they all had had a drink but were in good spirits ( not drunken louts ) .There must be some photos somewhere of them kissing the old bill or swapping scarfs with some frogs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I'm part Scots mate.... Thats why I have some much trouble with trousers ;-)

Dan-ald, where's your troosers?
  • Options
    france ain't the team the were ---

the jocks will have to beat the ities at home to qualify.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I'm part Scots mate.... Thats why I have some much trouble with trousers ;-)

Dan-ald, where's your troosers?

In the wash ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]if scotland qualify we'll have more chance of winning it against the likes of them rather than france

very true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]france ain't the team the were ---

the jocks will have to beat the ities at home to qualify.

A draw would do if they win the other games - level on points with France means they finish above them on the head to head results.

Every tournament could do with the presence of the Tartan Army: got caught up with them at France 98 in Saint Etienne - it was brilliant fun - and a lot better than being in the company of thousands of England fans a few days' later. (I tried telling them off for singing anti-English songs - they just gave me another glass of wine to shut me up....)
  • Options
    i can recall the jocks jeering and laughing at the english fans (watching on big screens in paris 98) when we lost to the argies on penalties ... also at the world cup in japan there were scots in kilts at every english game wearing the oppositions shirts , quite funny but a bitter nation
  • Options
    Don't tar everyone with the same brush. Many posts on the Rangers site congratulating England.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i can recall the jocks jeering and laughing at the english fans (watching on big screens in paris 98) when we lost to the argies on penalties ... also at the world cup in japan there were scots in kilts at every english game wearing the oppositions shirts , quite funny but a bitter nation

Whenever I tackle them about that (and living here, I do often), they turn into apologetic pussycats. I agree it is very annoying, though. I first moved here in 1991, and seeing guys walking around in Germany shirts (becasue they'd knocked England out at Italia 90) made me furious - my Scottish dad had been a prisoner of the Germans for four and a half years in the war.
  • Options
    good for you weegie..... as a youngster i can recall cheering on archie gemmill and co in argentina , now i find i'm a lot more bitter and treat like with like so hope they lose, pretty sad really;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i watched england v argentina in hong kong at silly oclock with a very large group of mates. two of which were scottish rangers supporters and one of which was a scottish Celtic supporter. Weirdly enough it was the rangers supporters cheering for the argies and growling when we scored. i asked what the fuck they were doing there at 5am in the morning - made me so angry. but the Celtic lad cheered england on as if he was one of us. So turns the loyalist theory on its head.
  • Options
    And the moon is made of cheese.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i can recall the jocks jeering and laughing at the english fans (watching on big screens in paris 98) when we lost to the argies on penalties ... also at the world cup in japan there were scots in kilts at every english game wearing the oppositions shirts , quite funny but a bitter nation[/quote]

Whenever I tackle them about that (and living here, I do often), they turn into apologetic pussycats. I agree it is very annoying, though. I first moved here in 1991, and seeing guys walking around in Germany shirts (becasue they'd knocked England out at Italia 90) made me furious - my Scottish dad had been a prisoner of the Germans for four and a half years in the war.[/quote]

Same here Weegie, we get loads of Scots in the bar, and they do go all sheepish when you pull them up on the anti-England thing. It's fairly tongue in cheek with most of them. Although I suppose if they are that anti, they would not be in an English bar in the first place.

I want all the home nations to do well, always have done. If a few bitter jocks can't handle England doing well, it does not stop me from being pleased for them when they have success.
  • Options
    Exactly, Algarve - rising above it can be the best response.
  • Options
    Pleased for them When I heard the result & would prefer to play, sorry Hammer them in Euro 2008 but alas I am sure events will conspire against them & they will fail to qualify unlike England who will win the Group by the way.
  • Options
    I wonder what the "sophisticated" French - well, they think they are! - made of the sight of thousands of pissed up sweaties asleep on the streets as they made their way into work this morning!
  • Options
    My old man is a scotsman and to be honest if extra terrestrials formed a football team and played the English, he'd support them. I for one am above all that crap and will support Scotland against anyone apart from England. He's still Charlton though so I let him off when it comes to internationals.