Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bureaucracy gone made

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
I work in Local Government and we’ve just had some guidelines from Central Government on data that they want us to collect in respect of Ethnicity. The are six pages covering 94 different categories but the one that stands out for me is the section on the White Subjects. They want us to collect data on, amongst others...

White – British
White – English
White – Welsh
White – Scottish
White – Irish
WHITE – CORNISH

What’s that all about. Why do they need to know how many Cornish subjects are living in our little part of South East London?

<Shakes Head in depair>

Comments

• They are forming their own government down there and plan on leaving England even if it means war. Last I heard they were developing newquayler arms in preparation.
  • Probably a silly question but aren't they all white British?

I wonder how much that exercise will cost the council tax payer?
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]They are forming their own government down there and plan on leaving England even if it means war. Last I heard they were developing newquayler arms in preparation.

Don't be so falmouthed!
  • Now you are just being Scilly, Len.
  • It's the first stage of this Land's end
  • edited September 2007
    The people that come up with these ideas are Looepy!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Probably a silly question but aren't they all white British?

I feel sorry for the people who have to fill in the questionairres
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Probably a silly question but aren't they all white British?

I feel sorry for the people who have to fill in the questionairres

So truro, so truro!
  • edited September 2007
    If I got one of those questionnaires I'd Hayle the nearest taxi and get as far away as possible!
  • they just want figures on the pasty faced people
  • Sponsored links:

• it's not just more admin ........ its Moor Bodmin
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]they just want figures on the pasty faced people

Do you mean the gingster haired ones?
  • I think I've just LostWithiel to live.
  • well you should st ive to do better!
  • sometimes you need the patience of a St...Ives een it all now
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Probably a silly question but aren't they all white British?

It is a left wing conspiracy Len, I blame Red Ruth.
  • red ruth will see!
  • as well as "Cornish White", there is a "Newquay Brown" category too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]They are forming their own government down there and plan on leaving England even if it means war. Last I heard they were developing newquayler arms in preparation.
    LOL - I missed that first time round!
  • [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]red ruth will see! Where's Trel when you need him?
    Trel is sick.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]I work in Local Government and we’ve just had some guidelines from Central Government on data that they want us to collect in respect of Ethnicity. The are six pages covering 94 different categories but the one that stands out for me is the section on the White Subjects. They want us to collect data on, amongst others...

White – British
    White – English
    White – Welsh
    White – Scottish
    White – Irish
    WHITE – CORNISH

What’s that all about. Why do they need to know how many Cornish subjects are living in our little part of South East London?

<Shakes Head in depair>
    I think what is even more baffling is the fact that there's a section for White - British. How in the name of all that is holy in this world can there be a 'White - British' person who isn't also either English, Welsh or Scottish. The Cornish one is surely someone's idea of a sick joke. Every time I get one of those questionnaires throguh I put 'mixed race' anyway.

Oh, btw, the puns on this post are Trelawny awful - Tintagelly crap.
  • perhaps it's for those born on Hadrian's Wall or Offa's Dyke.
  • Crazy waste of money and time
  • on my daughters school application it also has english/irish travellers
  • I'm mixed race, so I always put something down that isn't on the usual list
  • i put down jedi a lot of the time.

i know its old but still makes me chuckle when i scribble it down.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i put down jedi a lot of the time.

That would probably help you get into the police "force".
  • edited September 2007
    appropriate if you ARE going to Wookey hole
  • Can I be English and British?.