Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

xplayers

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
x young players curbs should have kept

l primus, c mcdonald, s long,

Comments

• Options
    lisbie
  • Options
    leave it lookout!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Options
    no i ment good players,[silly billy] lol
  • Options
    Only Primus went on to the PL though anyone else? though I have a feeling there are some have we had this conversation?
  • Options
    Shittu made the Prem with Watford last season.
    Whilst not exactly "let go" (more "poached") there's also Defoe to consider.
  • Options
    J Lloydd Samuel as well falls into the poached category, at Bolton now?
  • Options
    i was quite impressed with Michael Turner who put in a solid display for Hull against Blackpool last night - he looks more than capable at this level
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]i was quite impressed with Michael Turner who put in a solid display for Hull against Blackpool last night - he looks more than capable at this level

didn't know he was at Hull. All these players listed fall into the category

'needed to drop down to try to move forward'
  • Options
    Matt Elliott, who went on to play for Leicester.
  • Options
    "Matt Elliott, who went on to play for Leicester"

Wasn't he let go by Lawrence?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TT
    edited September 2007
    Stacy Long is at ebsfleet while Mcdonld is playing for Southend... hardly dropped massive clangers letting those two go, even though I believe Mcdonald turned down a contract with us.

Remember at the time we were a Premier League side and neither of those players would have been pushing first team (although Mcdonald was!) Primus was released as we had Rufus coming through the ranks...

Shittu is the only one that we have released in recent seasons that i think would have added to our current squad. Like AFKA wisely says they "needed a step down to move forwards" it'd no different as to what Thomas did with us.
  • Options
    It was a choice between Shittu and Fortune rather like, as T says, Primus and Rufus.

I don't think Shittu offers anymore than Fortune does and, bearing in mind he was with us 15 years, Curbs really did not drop any rickets in the players he released.

The "poachings" were out of his control.

If one wants to be critical perhaps the scouting should be called into question in that, for example, 2 Ferdinands were educated at Blackheath and Bluecoat yet ended up with the Hamsters and Leroy Lita was from Margate yet went to reading via Bristol City.

I'm sure there are other local lads who went to other clubs.
  • Options
    [

I'm sure there are other local lads who went to other clubs.[/quote]

jimmy bullard?
    steven taylor was he from greenwhich?
  • Options
    Sam Sodje - isn't he from Greenwich?

Oh, he's signed for us now........
  • Options
    Keiron Richardson is from Greenwich