Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mr Jordan in the Times - an interesting insight

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]

'really, I am fun - would probably be more fun if I had some friends to take with me though. Fancy it? The hired help won't talk to me and I've heard them call me Simon 'Boredom' behind my back. I can't even get any of the footy lads along. I tried to trick Dowie into thinking it was part of his management duties to come with me but he just resigned to avoid it. I showed him though. Ha. 1-0 to the Jordster. And yet more money. One less friend though. Well, I say friend, he was more of an employee really. Still who needs friends anyway, I'll just go and spend some more money. Then I'll enjoy that so much that I'll forget whether I wear it on my wrist or drive it. Talking of wrist, think I'm going to go and have one off it...."

Quality.
  • Options
    So who reckons Dowie was the "friend" he leant £2M too and didn't get it back?
  • Options
    Have any of you who frequent the Palace boards seen any comment on this? Would be intrigued as to their views.
  • Options
    I think Nigels buy the Mail Henry.

In fairness to Tangoman (fairness to Tangoman... what am I thinking???) the questions were all about money, so he's hardly likely to talk about his passion for Bonsai trees or his matchbox collection.

On the other hand, I couldn't really picture Alan Sugar or the Gold Brothers taking part in such a crass survey...
  • Options
    i liked the bit about palace reaching the premiership last year...
  • Options
    Shame the tosser can't actually find time to pay his UK taxes, living in his Spanish tax haven. I bet everybody on this board pays more income tax than him. It might be nice for him to actually contribute something for this Country rather than 60k on having the toilets emptied on his yacht.

The man is so far up his own arse it's just not true.

No matter how much he has he'll never have class.
  • Options
    I love the fact he can remember where, when and how much his biggest tip was, yet nonchantly can't remember whether it was a watch or a car he spent £75k on - yet later on it says he spent £200k on a Vanquish. He should have asked me as I could have got him the same model for £184k.

Oh and his old man never played for Palace - so more lies from the Orange Tosser.
  • Options
    He probably tipped the car salesman £16k 'cos he's such a bloody nice bloke....
  • Options
    NIck, has this been on the BBS?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]NIck, has this been on the BBS?

It has. To be fair a good percentage of them are taking a similar view to us, but it's made a lot of them hero worship him even more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just imaging what happened after this interview had finished.

Simon gets up and shakes the hand of the journo.

Journo smiles and thanks him for his time.

Simon walks over to the door, turns, gives everyone his "trademark" smile, waves and says "See ya".

Walks out of door, closes door behind him and then is slightly bemused when he hears someone saying

"Oh my God. What an utter c**t" followed by mass hysteria from the journalist and his support team.
  • Options
    Probably got away with it by tipping him 10k ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I think Nigels buy the Mail Henry.

In fairness to Tangoman (fairness to Tangoman... what am I thinking???) the questions were all about money, so he's hardly likely to talk about his passion for Bonsai trees or his matchbox collection.

On the other hand, I couldn't really picture Alan Sugar or the Gold Brothers taking part in such a crass survey...

Exactly.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]I was just imaging what happened after this interview had finished.

Simon gets up and shakes the hand of the journo.

I imagine this would have been done over the phone, where the journalist may have been able to turn to a friendly colleague and indicate, by use of a well-known hand gesture, that he or she would love a Nescafe.
  • Options
    Does he have a daughter?

I was on a bus to work about a year ago and I heard an annoying teenage girl on her way to the Italia Conte stage school
    say very loudly to her group of wannabe x-factor friends, "yes, that's Simon Jordan, he's my Dad, he owns Crystal Palace"

I had to bite my lip.
  • Options
    His Wikipedia entry, which is surely in need of updating, doesn't mention one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Does he have a daughter?

I was on a bus to work about a year ago and I heard an annoying teenage girl on her way to the Italia Conte stage school
    say very loudly to her group of wannabe x-factor friends, "yes, that's Simon Jordan, he's my Dad, he owns Crystal Palace"

I had to bite my lip.

I didnt realise he had a sprog! He keeps that quiet (if she wasnt BSing)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]HisWikipedia entry, which is surely in need of updating, doesn't mention one.

Yeah, I had a look on there too.

Maybe she was telling a porkie, surely you'd pick anyone else in the world other than him to be your imaginary dad though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]His [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Jordan]Wikipedia entry[/url], which is surely in need of updating, doesn't mention one.

Charlie Brooker, a Guardian journalist wrote:

"On the panel are Duncan Bannatyne (who I quite like), Jeffrey Archer (who I don't), two women who look the same, and Simon Jordan - who performs a mind-boggling miracle each week by coming across as a bigger, smugger arsehole than Archer. He looks like a cross between Gérard Depardieu and a thick waiter, and is one of those people you instinctively dislike the moment you clap eyes on them, presumably thanks to some weird, primordial twat-detector lurking in the evolutionary backwaters of the brain. Consequently, everything he says and does fills you with revulsion. Everything. Last week he raised an eyebrow and I vomited blood for an hour."

I dont normally listen what the papers say, but this guy makes some sense : )
  • Options
    Watch Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe on BBC3 - very funny!