Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

loans

is there a limit on how many loan players a team can have?
i ask this because teams outside the premiership can sign loan players at any time.

Comments

• think it's about six
  • it used to be 4
  • Loan rules in the Football League are different and the duration of a standard loan is the time between the transfer windows so either half a season or a full season. Recall only allowed in full season loans except for keepers in exceptional cirumstances.

There are also emergency loans for between 28 and 93 days. (don't blame me I didn't make these rules) when recalls are allowed after the first 28 days.

You can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 (something Leeds got wrong last year) and no more than four loans from one club.

You can have max 8 standard loans in a season but of these no more than 4 can be under 23. No more than 2 over 23 players can join from one club per season. (pay attention, there will be a test later). A player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

OK, carry on.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Loan rules in the Football League are different and the duration of a standard loan is the time between the transfer windows so either half a season or a full season. Recall only allowed in full season loans except for keepers in exceptional cirumstances.

There are also emergency loans for between 28 and 93 days. (don't blame me I didn't make these rules) when recalls are allowed after the first 28 days.

You can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 (something Leeds got wrong last year) and no more than four loans from one club.

You can have max 8 standard loans in a season but of these no more than 4 can be under 23. No more than 2 over 23 players can join from one club per season. (pay attention, there will be a test later). A player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

Sounds like part of the script from Yes Minister ;-)
  • edited August 2007
    Too complicated and too many loans are allowed. Should be no more than 3 allowed to be loaned in and no more than three allowed to be loaned out.

And perhaps no loans between teams in the same division ... certainly not for keepers.