Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nathan Ashton signs for Fulham

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
The young 20 year old defender who has made 1 league and 1 league cup apperance has left Charlton and signed for Fulham.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Les Reed must rate him.

I watched him against Carlisle last season and he looked promising to me. He has pace although his positional sense was a bit awry at times and physically he is lightweight.

Carlisle had Kevin Gall playing for them and his pace gave us tremendous trouble in the Yeovil Cup game yet Ashton chased and caught him a couple of times.

At 20 he has time to improve and Reed is one of the best coaches (note I said Coaches not managers!) around.
  • He is still raw but a tremondous prospect if he gets some good coaching.

I Think he has a bright future but HAS to move on,think you're right about the les reed connection len.
  • I can only assume Pardew thinks Grant Basey is the better prospect of the two which is why Ashton was released.

Basey certainly has more physical presence but I don't know a lot more about him.
  • Kins rates Basey
  • Any money involved???
  • Not disclosed.
  • ashton had potential,gutted
  • he was released in the summer so we get diddly squat
  • So maybe Fulham are taking a punt with no real cost????
  • was on loan at Millwall last season and barely made the bench. Wasn't particularly impressed when I saw him regularly in the ressies. Basy is a far, far better prospect. No real loss imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• another good youngster we let go
  • [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]another good youngster we let go
    Not having a pop at you here mate, but where do you get the 'another' from?

To my knowledge, our youth team players haven't exactly set the world alight since leaving us in the past few seasons...
  • les reed knows what he is doing lol
  • [cite]Posted By: kmem4[/cite]les reed knows what he is doing lol
    Yeah, except when managing! ;o)
  • edited May 2009
    Has left Wycombe today, agreed with Peter Taylor he needs to get more football.

Mainly played left midfield for them. Three years ago he made his debut for us, was released, signed for Fulham, played 1 game on loan at Palace, then went to Wycombe but wasn't good enough for regular football in League Two. Still he must have played a part in their promotion, seems he wouldn't have got regular football in League One.

Seems we made the right decision to let him go.

He's 22 now, so needs to start playing regularly, even if it means dropping down a level.

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10430~1676846,00.html