Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Wright

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Has gone on loan to Barnet.

It is tacked onto the end of the Mills story

Comments

• Got to be good news if he gets selected.

The standard is higher than reserve team football especially now we are no longer in the Prem reserve league.
  • i do like this policy of getting our youngsters out playing, much better than ressie football.
  • For proof of a loaning out youngsters works we just have to look at Scott Parker. That short period at Naarwich really toughened him up
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]For proof of a loaning out youngsters works we just have to look at Scott Parker. That short period at Naarwich really toughened him up

Although Parker was already about 21 - and had already played for the 1st team a number of times.

And Kevin Lisbie was another young player who was only about 26 when he was loaned out to gain experience at Norwich & Derby...... ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]For proof of a loaning out youngsters works we just have to look at Scott Parker. That short period at Naarwich really toughened him up

Although Parker was already about 21 - and had already played for the 1st team a number of times.

And Kevin Lisbie was another young player who was only about 26 when he was loaned out to gain experience at Norwich & Derby...... ;o)

But until he went out on loan he never quite looked likely to cement his place in the side.
  • [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Lisbie????

Now he's Colchester's leading goalscorer, expect him to sign for West Ham tomorrow.
    Mr Curbishley always had faith in young SuperKev.
  • Bump.

Has had his loan extended by another month, despite him missing two games to be with the England U19 squad.
  • Slagging off Lisbie but not allowed to McCleod how 2 faced,double standards me thinks!!!!!!!!!
  • A mate of mine is a Barnet fan and he has been very impressed with Josh Wright since he has been at Barnet. He has played every game so far and in that time they have not lost. According to my mate he has become an instant hit with the fans with his tough tackling and passing ability. One to look out for.
  • Sponsored links:

• still only 17, hopefully he has a big future.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]still only 17, hopefully he has a big future.

17 and holding his own in a league side, albeit division 4. Much better than leaving him in the ressies untill he's 22. Hope Arter and a few others go out on loan soon.
  • I'd like to think Arter may be deserving of a shout for a first team start soon.

Here's a dilemma for you. There doen't seem to be much between Arter and Wright, no more league cup to blood them in and would anyone like the idea of playing two 17 year olds together in centre mid competetively?
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I'd like to think Arter may be deserving of a shout for a first team start soon.

Here's a dilemma for you. There doen't seem to be much between Arter and Wright, no more league cup to blood them in and would anyone like the idea of playing two 17 year olds together in centre mid competetively?

Hard to seem one let alone both getting in ahead of Reid, Samedo, Holland, Ambrose or ZZ just yet in a league game. And there's also Sinclair and Racon.
  • I have only heard good stuff about Josh Wright too - certainly one to keep an eye out for
  • Absolutley, just a thought though (if that is correct grammar).

What I mean is, if one plays then the other has to be held back that's all. And I'd rather see one of them given a chance than left out in favour of some of the guys we have at the minute (purely because they came through the system)
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Absolutley, just a thought though (if that is correct grammar).

What I mean is, if one plays then the other has to be held back that's all. And I'd rather see one of them given a chance than left out in favour of some of the guys we have at the minute (purely because they came through the system)

Understand what you mean. On the plus side they have played together a lot so will know each others game and be a good pair perhaps. Get Arter out to Barnet now and see how it works
  • Exactly what I was leading to
  • Well said by the way Henry
  • I guess next season we'll seem them on loan at a side higher up the league pyramid... maybe even Championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• And of course there is young Grant Bassey who is making a good impression at Brentford.
  • I remember lining at the academy for charlton v wimbledon a couple of years back. He played then as a 14 or 15 year old amongst 16/17 year olds and never looked out of place. He a big lad as well.
  • has had his loan extended for a third successive month.
  • Must be time to get Harry Arter out on loan? or is he higher up the pecking order?
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Must be time to get Harry Arter out on loan? or is he higher up the pecking order?
    imagine the stick he would get with a certain section of our crowd if he misplaced a pass - with his Parker connections!
  • dont think he would,to tell you the truth I think the Parker situation has run it's course,I wouldn't boo him just wish we still had him.
  • So if Harry Arter breaks into the team, do we have a nickname for him?

King Arter, perhaps?"....or 'Arry, 'Arry; 'Arry, 'Arry, 'Arry", or just plain old Aitch, as in "gorn Aitch"?
  • im with you oggy gorn aitch
  • bump

returnign to Barnet on loan for the rest of the season