Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Danny Mills to sign today+++

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]'Slightly dodgy back 4'?? I think the original Phil Chapple (not Paddy McCarthy who does a very good impression of him) could tighten up our current defence!

I'm trying to be constructive:-)
  • Options
    Happy with that!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

I'm trying to be constructive:-)

LOL! So am I!
  • Options
    I knew it was a mistake to get Phil Chapple back as a scout...obviously recruits in his own likeness.

Pressley would be a good Championship option - no nonsense, solid, good positionally. Needs games to get his place in Scotland squad back, but third choice at Celtic at the moment. Yes, he's slow, but as others have said before, so was Jorge Costa.
  • Options
    Oh, and he's a LEADER too.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    flacid and lackadaiscal are better descriptions of our back 4!
  • Options
    Good move, we need a proper right back who will get forward etc.

Good game for him to start at as well.

Well done Mr Pardew.

Get a centre back and we are bubble bathing.
  • Options
    Good stuff.

Cant he play at CB as well for when Mooooutakil comes back?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.1653952.0.mills_and_sodje_join_addicks.php
    Pardew said:"Danny Mills trained today and is here on loan until December 31 and Sodje from Reading is arriving hopefully tomorrow on a year's loan.

"The reason we've brought Danny Mills to the club is because we feel we are lacking a little bit of organisation at the back, a little bit of experience at times and he is somebody who is aware of what this division is about.

"I think he will be important for us because Yassin is still obviously some way off.

"He is coming back to a club he knows well.

"I spoke about how he left and obviously he had an absolutely fantastic offer to go, but his heart was always a little bit at Charlton so he couldn't wait to get back here.

"I hope the fans respond to him the way he has responded to us because he has been great this morning."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.1653952.0.mills_and_sodje_join_addicks.php
    Pardew said:"Danny Mills trained today and is here on loan until December 31 and Sodje from Reading is arriving hopefully tomorrow on a year's loan.

"The reason we've brought Danny Mills to the club is because we feel we are lacking a little bit of organisation at the back, a little bit of experience at times and he is somebody who is aware of what this division is about.

"I think he will be important for us because Yassin is still obviously some way off.

"He is coming back to a club he knows well.

"I spoke about how he left and obviously he had an absolutely fantastic offer to go, but his heart was always a little bit at Charlton so he couldn't wait to get back here.

"I hope the fans respond to him the way he has responded to us because he has been great this morning."

In his brief stay he was always one of my favourite players and I can't wait to welcome him back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shouldn't be a problem. Although he "jumped ship", he joined what was a very exciting team at the the time for a big fee, and only ever gave his all whilst with us. Also a CB option for later. Hopefully he'll relish the chance to take control v Palarse.
  • Options
    We made £4m on Danny, so I've got no hard feelings at all
  • Options
    spot on rothko
  • Options
    We made 3 mill on Mills. 1 mill went to Norwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]We made 3 mill on Mills. 1 mill went to Norwich

Still a shed load of cash
  • Options
    Alot of money at the time. We could not really turn down that sort of money. Although at the time I felt Leeds paid over the odds
  • Options
    Pards said:
    "I spoke about how he left and obviously he had an absolutely fantastic offer to go, but his heart was always a little bit at Charlton so he couldn't wait to get back here."

That's the kind of player we need at the club.
  • Options
    'but his heart was always a little bit at Charlton'

we're pleased he's here, its a good solid addition. It doesn't need the bullsh*t spin.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]'but his heart was always a little bit at Charlton'

we're pleased he's here, its a good solid addition. It doesn't need the bullsh*t spin.

C'mon this is Pards, the bloke could spin his way out of anything, and to be fair to Mills, whenever I've heard him talk about Charlton on Five Live he's been nothing but lovely about us
  • Options
    I never had any issues with Danny leaving at all.

He was a great servant for 2 yrs, played his bo**ox off for us, obviously cared for us (his reaction at Villa Park was testament to this), left us for a great opportunity and we made a load of profit on him.

Welcome Home Danny!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amen to that.
  • Options
    After being a nobody at Norwich, the time he spent at Charlton was the making of him.

He became part of a promotion side, played at Wembley, gained a valuable year's experience playing in the Prem - and then a dream move to Leeds, laced with plenty of moolah.
    And then 19 England caps and World Cup Finals.

Yep, Charlton was the making of him. No wonder he looks back with good memories.
  • Options
    "flacid and lackadaiscal are better descriptions of our back 4!"

And a certain part of my anatomy after too many beers!
  • Options
    he's only bloody 30 as well thought he was older.

great signing
  • Options
    Thank you for that, Dave.... ;o)
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"flacid and lackadaiscal are better descriptions of our back 4!"

And a certain part of my anatomy after too many beers!

Thank you for that, Dave.... ;o)
  • Options
    So good you thanked him twice!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]So good you thanked him twice!

LOL!
    Well spotted, Leeeeeeeeeeeebuuuuuuuurn! ;o)
  • Options
    He was seen as a real prospect at Norwich then he lost his way somewhat. Got his career back on track with us, has since gone onto bigger and better things. I suspect that he is happy to be back and, assuming he can still play a bit, will be a useful signing.
  • Options
    I reckon he's gonna do a great job at right back, then slide over to centre half when Moo2 comes back and add some much needed solidity there, where his positional sense and experience will see him through. He could really mature there, where pace is less important and there's no need to bomb forward down the wings. Welcome home Danny, I'm sure you'll do better than the last Mills we signed ;-)
  • Options
    Thatcher one side, him the other all we need is Paul Miller and Shane Westley to return and we're rockin!!

Someone with @rsehole, bit of umph and who will leave their foot in when required.

I'm just only hoping he's not too slow for right back....

But as Curbs would say....

'HE CAN DO A JOB AT CENTRE HALF AS WELL'