Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Henry-Palace allocation

Henry

Out of interest do you know if we were offered more than 2400 allocation for the Palace game? Was it a case of we took the lowest allocation on offer or that was all Palace were willing to give us?

Cheers

Comments

• good question the same as i was wondering.
  • And would it be possible to offer them 2,401 tickets for the home game to show we are a more generous club ?
  • I know that at the last game there they were offering us up to 4000 if we wanted them.

Im pretty sure the same would have been available for this one but Charlton didnt want to say 'initial allocation' cos that usually means a slow take up.

Bet there is at least a whole block of seats between us and the Nigels.

Might be wrong.
  • I was just wondering if Palace usually offer more than 2400 allocation. I know that back in 2000 (promtion season) we got around 7000-8000 tickets but the circustances then were different as Palace were in finanical difficulties and we were on a great run and knew we would sell alot of tickets.
  • I remember watching a game last season on the Championship programme and Leeds had a good 4000 there.

I bet the crowd is below 20k Saturday so why wouldnt Jordan want to give us another 1000 + tickets and get some more cash of us.
  • edited August 2007
    a pity more of those making the Blackburn and Boro journeys haven't been pursuaded to come to Palace.
  • edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I remember watching a game last season on the Championship programme and Leeds had a good 4000 there.

I bet the crowd is below 20k Saturday so why wouldnt Jordan want to give us another 1000 + tickets and get some more cash of us.

We couldn't sell em anyway
  • Had a look at some of the Palarse boards, some of em reckon that they leave a block to sell on the day.

And one bloke's had a phone call telling him he's being moved from Arthur Waite block V (pretty sure we have x y and z) 'for his own safety'!!
  • Too true Rothko.

Saved embarassment all round really :)
  • if the buying restrictions had been opened up, i'm pretty sure we could of.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a feeling the club were offered more than 2400 but wisely chose to take the orignial allocation as they knew we would struggle to sell more
  • Only if a plane had been laid on ;-)
  • edited August 2007
    if the club had made the tickets free and paid for everyones travel we could have sold 7k
  • if the police had not sent the letters out we would have only sold 1000
  • Don't know the answer to that. I'll ask on Saturday and let you know.

May have been that if we took more Palace would have made us pay up front for them rather than sale or return but don't know that as a LOCKED ON FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if the buying restrictions had been opened up, i'm pretty sure we could of.

i' m with you on this one...the club should drop all this vg, ticket stub, s/t and voucher etc etc etc bollox and just make it a free for all from day one for away games to any fan that's on the charlton database...
  • oohaahmortimer said
    "if the club had made the tickets free and paid for everyones travel we could have sold 7k, but alas I wouldn't have gone as I have to play for my gay football team."

LOCKED ON FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if the buying restrictions had been opened up, i'm pretty sure we could of.
    I agree with this as well, a lot of non-season ticket holders were up for this and have (apparently) brought tickets in the home end.According to talksport some wanted to come out of retirement for it!

Although, I think we would of been closer to 3,000 than 4,000.
  • edited August 2007
    Could be a bit naughty then.