Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Message from a Stockport fan

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Hello Ben,

I got your email address off the Cafc website. I sincerely hope that in some way you will pass on my message to the Charlton fans.

I wish to express my sincerest gratitude to you all for your hospitality during our recent fixture at the valley.
Your fans were most sporting and made us feel so welcome. As i left the ground many people said hard luck and told us we deserved a result.

I was especially moved as your fans clapped our players off the pitch. This is a true example of sportsmanship and your club should be so proud of your fans for this.

Thank you for a great day and I truely wish you a speedy return to the premiership.

Daniel Pickup

Comments

• Good for him and good for us!
  • We always get these when we play lower league clubs, I hope someone is keeping a scrapbook!
  • meet a couple of old boys in Barthams that night right decent lot
  • Daniel Pickup? Surely that's a made up name ............
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]We always get these when we play lower league clubs
    Any chance of a reprise?
  • Embarrassing.

Would rather an email saying how they were intimidated by a hostile atmosphere..But no, we clap the fucking position and fans away. What has happened to football haha? Used to be, if the away fans made it back to the station it was the best result of the day!
  • Strange to bump this from 3 years ago.

But I'm anything but embarrassed when people have nice things to say about our club. But then again I'm not driven by overt macho desires to gain satisfaction by being intimidating to others, traits I would normally reserve for the un-fullfilled bullies down The Den.
  • No way would i ever want the Valley to be like them Kids down at the den..

Just an intimidating atmosphere..Fuck it..Just an Atmosphere at the Valley would do me!
  • I'm glad we returned the favour I've posted a few times on here one of my best away games was stockport away when hunt got a hatrick, I was on my own as mate was sick and went into the working mans club by the away entrance had a great couple of hours drinking and chatting with the locals made me feel very welcome and at ease even tho I was on my todd, will always have a soft spot for them.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I'm glad we returned the favour I've posted a few times on here one of my best away games was stockport away when hunt got a hatrick, I was on my own as mate was sick and went into the working mans club by the away entrance had a great couple of hours drinking and chatting with the locals made me feel very welcome and at ease even tho I was on my todd, will always have a soft spot for them.

Yea i had fun up at Stockport this season too. Good people up that way. Its going to be a game of peace and tranquility then the week after Millwall :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I wish to express my sincerest gratitude to you all for your hospitality during our recent fixture at the valley.
    As i left the ground many people said hard luck and told us we deserved a result.I was especially moved as your fans clapped our players off the pitch

Sorry is it me but i dont get this! We dont play them for another 2 days
  • check the date, posted in 2007
  • Dont worry, i just saw the date it was posted...thought it was a bit presumtious :-D
  • [cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Dont worry, i just saw the date it was posted...thought it was a bit presumtious :-D

LOL you nutter
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Strange to bump this from 3 years ago.
    Just interesting to see how, two and a half years ago, Charlton v Stockport was a David/Goliath scenario, now it's an incredibly important league match.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Strange to bump this from 3 years ago.
    Just interesting to see how, two and a half years ago, Charlton v Stockport was a David/Goliath scenario, now it's an incredibly important league match.

It just underlines the extent of our decline.