Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

comebacks

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
the last time i remember us coming from 2 goals down to win was up at the Geordies when we won 4-3 after being 3-1 down.

anyone more remember more recent ones cos I don't

Comments

• Options
    Tranmere 99/00...2 down, won 3-2. ( I think).
  • Options
    yep, tranmere 3-2, got tutted at by someone in the west when we went 3-2 and I went bezerk, told him to fcuk grumpy old "|@# and got kicked out, had a couple of freebies that night so had to sit in there.
  • Options
    Also Ipswich New Years day 2001??, certain Mr Bent took them into a two goal lead which we won 3-2
  • Options
    I'm seen us come back from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 at notts county twice.
  • Options
    Coventry in the cup.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We did it a few times in the late 60's & 70's

But in the 90's, 3-0 down at St James' Park..........we were going mad when we pulled it back to 3-3.

And then Walshie got the winner!

4-3 .........AWAY from home!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    -
  • Options
    remember barnsley in the 80's.
    i think we went 3-0 down (ron futcher hat-trick?).he then got sent off and we won 5-3.
    thats how i recall it anyway, though a few units of alcohol over the years may have pickled my memory.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]remember barnsley in the 80's.
    i think we went 3-0 down (ron futcher hat-trick?).he then got sent off and we won 5-3.
    thats how i recall it anyway, though a few units of alcohol over the years may have pickled my memory.
    yep that was at the old valley and we were 3 down inside half hour and it was a ron futcher hat-trick, i think he had a brother who played that day
  • Options
    Brother was Paul if memory serves, was there as a 7 year old
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah Coventry at Highfield Road, Year 2000 if I remember correctly. Andy Hunt bagged late winner!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]remember barnsley in the 80's.
    yep that was at the old valley and we were 3 down inside half hour and it was a ron futcher hat-trick, i think he had a brother who played that day

Ron Futcher was the centre forward and his brother Paul was the centre half.
    Didn't they also play for Oldham together and maybe (really rusty memory here) even for Man City?
  • Options
    Being 2-1 down at half time at home to Blackburn Rovers and winning 4-3, circa 73-74.
  • Options
    Barnsley game has been featured. For those that missed it...... http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=4964&page=1#Item_1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Being 2-1 down at half time at home to Blackburn Rovers and winning 4-3, circa 73-74.

I believe that was about September 1973. Night game, came straight from work in Woolwich.
    The then very unknown Derek Hales made his debut on a month's loan from Luton Town.
    And scored.

And the rest, as they say, is history.........
  • Options
    Thanks Oggy,Remember flash getting the winner but can't remember who else scored, btw did Phil Parkes play for rovers, just a thought.
  • Options
    The Futchers started at Chester, moved to Luton, and the Man City, after that, I don't know. Ben Futcher who plays at Bury is Paul Futcher's son.