Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Positive RESPONSE with 3 Points and 3 Goals scored,& a rockin' VALLEY.

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
we've got our season going and showed character,they caved in,must have been a hell of a half time TEAM talk?
I'll be going with my daughter on tuesday and WE will get behind the team.
C'mon charlton.

Comments

• Options
    Wednesday made it easier for us by deciding to sit back after HT & defend very deep, leaving just a lone striker totally isolated for long periods. They seemed to think they had done the hard work in the 1st half & just needed to waste as much time as they could to secure the win. Well, we took advantage & played superbly in the 2nd half. Why did Reid & Thomas spend the first 45 mins on the wrong wings? Seemed totally bizarre. Congrats to the whole team for an excellent 2nd half performance. Thought Semedo looked a natural at left back. Him + Moo2kil would make an excellent pair of overlapping full backs. 2 great goals from big Chris & well played Toddy. Him & ZZ made a big difference when they came on.
  • Options
    Pards will get it right after this performance, FACT.
  • Options
    Pards knows we need to sort our first half showings, and adding a good solid exeperienced central defender will be the only way to do that.
  • Options
    I know Weeg and a few others have had a go about Pards and his tactics, particularly on the weekend. But he's not a dummy in this game and has enough experience to know that Reidy is left footed and plays on the left; likewise he knows Thomas' best position. My guess is that he saw a weakness in Wednesday's lineup which he thought he could exploit by swapping the two from their regular positions. There must have been reasons for this tatical decision. It just didn't come off in the first half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I know Weeg and a few others have had a go about Pards and his tactics, particularly on the weekend. But he's not a dummy in this game and has enough experience to know that Reidy is left footed and plays on the left; likewise he knows Thomas' best position. My guess is that he saw a weakness in Wednesday's lineup which he thought he could exploit by swapping the two from their regular positions. There must have been reasons for this tatical decision. It just didn't come off in the first half.

Fair point, but it clearly wasn't working so why did he wait until half-time to change it? Also, why didn't he play Zheng from the off? I know he wasn't expected to last 90 minutes but we should have seen off that rabble in the time he would have lasted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I know Weeg and a few others have had a go about Pards and his tactics, particularly on the weekend. But he's not a dummy in this game and has enough experience to know that Reidy is left footed and plays on the left; likewise he knows Thomas' best position. My guess is that he saw a weakness in Wednesday's lineup which he thought he could exploit by swapping the two from their regular positions. There must have been reasons for this tatical decision. It just didn't come off in the first half.

Usually a right footed winger selected to play on the left, is expected to cut inside his man, before passing, playing the deep cross or shooting (if he has a good shot) - rather than going on the outside and crossing in the conventional way for a left footed winger.

Jerome Thomas played on the left is a typical example. Andy Reid played 1st half on the right, is another.
    Full backs generally hate a winger that cuts inside, as the defender gets wrong footed for a tackle.
  • Options
    Pards said Todorov didn't start because he had only 1 days training due to injury. ZZ didn't start because he had some issues which Pards didn't feel was right to talk about, but they were now sorted.