Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Squad

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
I think today showed that we've got ourselves a good squad going into this season.

Yes, we were shocking first half, but fair play to Pards he rung the changes. Being able to bring on players of the sort of quality of Zheng and Toddy, which completely changed the result, can only be a good thing.

Add to that the versatility (without sounding Curbs-like!!). Semedo, switched well to left back and Paddy did a reasonable job on the right. I think as the season goes on we can only get stronger and the depth of our squad should tell when other teams get injuries/suspensions. We've also got several good striking options to keep everyone on their toes.

A loan signing for cover at full back and a proper centre-back and it's onwards and upwards.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed.

I was also encouraged by the second half attitude of the players. After an indifferent (to be polite!) first half they had the balls and desire to come out and fight for the win.

Character will be almost as important as quality in this division and today we showed that we have it.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Spot on as usual Len. Credit to Pards who didn't go for anything but the win once we'd equalised. With Varney, Racon, Moo2 and maybe another centre back to come, we have a fair old squad with some real quality. We just need to make sure the players have the right competitive edge. Defensively we need some stability now so that they can tighten up because they didn't defend as a unit today (particularly in the first half). I was pleasantly surprised by McCarthy who looked half decent after his faltering start.
  • Options
    Totally agree with Murph and Len
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Looks better by the game, the injuries are mounting though