Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Semedo

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
personally i think Semedo is quality. A great defensive midfielder but do we need one in the championship? once it became Ambrose and ZZ in the middle there was so much more forward movement and penetration it seemed. ZZs pass ing was top drawer

Comments

• Options
    i think we need one but maybe it isn't Semedo, i'd like to see how this Racon guy does. ZZ has to start next match, Ambrose should be dropped imo
  • Options
    in my opinion he looks better left back than centre midfield lucky for us not for Thatcher that he got injured.
  • Options
    Think he looks like he could be a decent player but holds onto the ball for too long in dangerous positions and was lucky not to get robbed a few times.

Got to be a big change for him coming to this league though, if he learns quickly he'll do well. Agree he looked better at left back than centre mid as well.

ZZ has to start for me. Ambrose made some terrible decisions when in posession today, some very wayward passing.
  • Options
    Rate him highly from what I've seen so far. Someone has got to help protect the back four, and that's not going to be a strength of Ambrose, Reid or even ZZ as they're all more attacking players.

He seems to oo the simple things well - gets the ball and gives it, but can also pick a pass over a longer distance.

Also, the fact that he could switch to full back - albeit against a team that were happy to sit back, and then weren't able to get forward that much - makes him a definite asset.
  • Options
    We've got a very useful acquisition there.

I thought he did an excellent job at left back and looked considerably better than Thatcher did today. Although to be fair to Thatcher he may well have been carrying that injury when he came into the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We've got a very useful acquisition there.

I thought he did an excellent job at left back and looked considerably better than Thatcher did today. Although to be fair to Thatcher he may well have been carrying that injury when he came into the game.

I agree Len. He looked a better left back than he did a midfielder.
  • Options
    For me personally he was man of the match, dont think he put a foot wrong all game....Big Chris would be a close runner up
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]For me personally he was man of the match, dont think he put a foot wrong all game....Big Chris would be a close runner up[/quote]

Obviously you didn't see their 2nd goal!
  • Options
    i must have seen a different game he was hopeless, his brain doesnt seem quick enough to many wrong decisions. as soon as he got the ball he looked straight for reid.. he cant jump it was his fault for the 2nd goal that he just let his man muscle by.
  • Options
    played very well at full back and I expect him to start there from now on, ZZ and Ambrose in the centre, unless Norbert is the nuts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Semedo payed well overall but he was competent but didn't look great at left back. He was not confident taking the ball forward, I thought he could have made more runs to the byline, didn't have the confidence to take on the defender.