Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To the first half booers

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
HA HA HA HA HA HA !!

Comments

• Options
    er i don't think they're gonna be upset
  • Options
    i dont boo,but people can do what they want,i would say there booing may have gave them the kick up the ass they needed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]HA HA HA HA HA HA !!
    I booed at Half Time, feel gutted that we turned it around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]HA HA HA HA HA HA !!
    I booed at Half Time, feel gutted that we turned it around.

what ???

you're gutted that we won ????
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    yes hes really gutted, hes being ironic.
  • Options
    d'oh
  • Options
    whoever it was in the J who kept turning round and booing back pissed me right off... those who booed also stood and got behind the team whilst you lot sat there doing sweet fa! personally i didn't boo but found myself being booed at after each goal like just because i'm young it must have been me!get your heads out your arses, you wernt on the pitch doing it the team was and sitting there being grumpy aint going to help either

ps nice touch with the gibbs song... ketman???
  • Options
    What was that Gibbs song? I got the going on the crystal palace tour bit.
  • Options
    Booing is just embarassing. Get behind the team you morons !
  • Options
    not my cup of tea booing but they deserved it after the first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even the skysports summariser was booing.
  • Options
    he he
  • Options
    Im with Lucy dont boo but it was dier
  • Options
    Booing isnt embarrasing, it is choice and I chose to boo that first half performance, not individual players but the performance. It wasnt good enuogh, full stop. The team did need a kick up the arse, what do the players expect to be cheered of for being beat 2-0 at home against a lesser side, and, regardless of the score that was still one of the worst 1st half performances I have ever seen? I dont get on anyones back if they dont boo and if I want to vent my frustrations I will do, I still get behind the team unlike 70% of the support in the stadium. Just think if we didnt boo after the Wycombe game last year we may not even have Pards in charge now?
  • Options
    good points Cpl. i briefly booed, felt uncomfortable as I wouldn't normally do it but the first half was so dismal that the players needed to be aware they can't just get away with that rubbish.
  • Options
    i didnt boo but can understand why people did.. that first half display was pee poor.. the way the team came out the second half though was the perfect way to show the supporters that they had more in them..
  • Options
    First half performance was poor but one of the worst you have ever seen CPL !!!! Do me a favour. All booing does is makes players play with more fear. You really think it helps ?
  • Options
    well it worked today didn't it?
  • Options
    Well perhaps we should all boo before the start of every game !!! Would that work ?
  • Options
    yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thats aimed at me afka isn't you sod!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Thats aimed at me afka isn't you sod!!!!!!!!!!

lol

just makes me laugh how some are so quick off the draw to boo, yet half our later are singing we love you charlton. Booing after a final whistle is mildly acceptable in my book, and i've only ever done it a few times, but 15-20 mins into a game, the third of the season, is pathetic to me. Have a moan and groan by all means, but collective booing i just hate.
  • Options
    bit of a silly comment really. for me the booing was justified because the 1st half performance was so poor, people don't pay good money to watch players pass the ball around continuously in square shape patterns then hoof it up to forward who surrenders possession.
  • Options
    Shooters you are so naive. of course booing is the right response to a poor performance. the players need to be shown what the supporters want. they get ample praise when they do well so no harm in letting them know when they dont
  • Options
    well said ken
  • Options
    especially when some are on a million plus per year to play the ball accross the back for, but also to be a little bit fair there was sod all movement from the six players in front of the back for.
  • Options
    so did you feel satisfied when the boo boys were going mental when we scored and all you lot were standing there wagging your fingers at them! i know who looked happier... the rest of us will celebrate goals.. you continue to abuse the fans around you like you own the fucking place and wag your fingers at goals.. settled
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I booed my balls off!

And rightly so in my book, that first half was total and utter garbage and they deserved every second of it.

Judging by their reaction straight away in the 2nd half I think Pardew agreed....

Anyway am completely sick of bloody misery and gutless performances, so fair play to Big Chris fae Coatbrig (my familys all from up there).

Even if you haven't all the talent in the world, all you want as a fan is 100% effort and thank god he gave it.

Still think Samedo is going to be a really quality player. Their Centre Foward man to man marked him for most of the 1st half, never seen a forward do that before.

Still find it odd that a big old lump like Weaver sticks to his line like Deano used to at corners, you'd think he'd be steaming through a few attackers?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    I agree AFKA, I think that booing the team is pathetic. Supporters are supposed to SUPPORT the team through the tough times, not start booing like a bunch of imbeciles. I looked round in amazement at the reaction during the first half. One bloke behind me threw his season ticket into the crowd in disgust. Pillock. Hope he regrets it now.
  • Options
    I can understand the frustration that leads people to boo but in my opinion it's counter productive unless, like Wycombe, the players don't give a toss.

If we are to gain promotion it will be because of the superior quality of our players and that quality will only come through if they have confidence. Last season a large part of why we went down was the lack of confidence in the team (and supporters) until Pardew arrived.

The booing thankfully wasn't widespread today and I think the fans can take some credit for the way we got behind the team in the second half.

Encouragement beats criticism every time.