Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

pitch invader

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
who saw the over zealous young boy come on the pitch for the 3rd ,im sure varney will give him a life ban,for hes moment of madness

Comments

• Options
    I saw the stewards take him out! Wasn't really looking that way after the third went in!
  • Options
    silly lad really
  • Options
    saw him being taken away, presumed he was a wednesday fan
  • Options
    he was charlton he celebrated in front of them when we scored
  • Options
    lol i saw him get rugby tackled in front of weaver... silly sod.
  • Options
    Bit of fun light hearted good on him

No harm done no one hurt so what
  • Options
    Pretty sure he'll get hauled into Varneys office, get six of the best and told not to do it again, no longer premership are we.

Hasn't been shown on SSN?
  • Options
    reg has plans for him
  • Options
    Maybe I'm getting old, well actually I am getting old, but why does the lad feel he has to run onto the pitch?!

We all went mad when the goal went in, does it cross anyone else's mind to run onto the pitch tho?! Stupid IMO.
  • Options
    I bet he also booed at half time.....

That'll teach you sonny jim!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    does it matter 30 secs of fame for the lad as i said so what

no point in it but he enjoyed it we had a laugh

Please dont get to old to quick

Hurt no one hardly held the game up did it
  • Options
    yeah lets ban him from the valley full stop,go on varney give it to him both barrells
  • Options
    To be fair he caused more problems in the box than Bent.

Sod it, give him a shirt.
  • Options
    everyone causes more trouble in the box than bent,ask danielle lloyd
  • Options
    I wonder if he always goes down injured?!
  • Options
    Anyone got any pictures?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]who saw the over zealous young boy come on the pitch for the 3rd ,im sure varney will give him a life ban,for hes moment of madness

You'd be wrong then but don't let the facts get in the way of a good moan about the club.

1. Peter Varney doesn't do the banning. It's down to the Ops Director and the Safety Officer

2. In most cases people get a warning and/or a few games ban depending on any previous and how serious the action was

Going on the pitch is serious as it is likely be reported in the ref's report and by the police.
  • Options
    I used to enjoy the end of season pitch invasions of yesteryear.Football is geting too stale for its own good.
  • Options
    ib enjoyed it. crack on!.......besides its something to talk about.
  • Options
    liked the one after boro at home,think that was the last one,shame that tradition has been taken away.mr irving calm down mate.we all dont have views out of the charlton handbook,thank fk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A mate of mine done it at curbs last game and the police gave a fine and a slapped wrist and laughed at him when he said he just wanted to shake curbs hand and thank him.

But then the club got involved and banned him from the Valley for a year and said they had to make an example of him, when that fan at Boro throw his season ticket at McClaren he was not punished and given a free season ticket if I remember rightly.

I know now a days you have to be careful of people being attacked but you can tell generally if these invaders mean any harm or not.
  • Options
    that story sums it up mad83,getting involved when theres no need.
  • Options
    The guy who ran on came out of the far end of the East Stand and it looked to me that there was a bit of abuse coming from the Sheff fans in that corner to the Charlton fans seated down there, maybe he'd had enough and felt like rubbing their faces in it, as that was what he did.
  • Options
    So rules are "for the obedience of fools and the guidence of wise men". Yes I'd go along with that. The problem is that football has fought hard to get rid of the image of a bunch of drunken fools trying to start fights etc on the pitch. Allowing one idiot his 15 seconds of fame is ok but what if a number of Wednesday supporters had run on to get at the bloke and it all kicked off. As a responsible club it is difficult to avoid taking action for something that turned out benign in case next time it all flares up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly aka lucy lou[/cite]mr irving calm down mate.we all dont have views out of the charlton handbook,thank fk

I was pointing our the major flaws and overeation in your statement. If any one needs to calm down and think for a milli-second then it's you.

If the club is ask to hire and pay for more stewards or police cos of pitch invasion that we be OK will it? If as Bing said, a wednesday fan had come on and it had kicked off possibily leading to sanctions against the club that will be OK will it.
  • Options
    fair point mate