Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Hero - Big Chris

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Unlikely hero - cost us the princely sum of. erm, not a lot.

Scored 2 goals - an equaliser and a winner.

Have we got a chant for Eye Well loo roll yet?

Also, those that were there, what did you think of him?

Comments

• Options
    Took his goals very well. New song :

tune is off lion king.

'In the valley the Charlton valley Iwelumo scores tonight

a wimbaway a wimbaway'

i didn't create the song though.
  • Options
    He led the line excellently today. Won a lot in the air 2nd half (as he should). Took both goals very well (great finish for the 1st, was in as soon as it left his boot).

Thought he linked up really welll and benefitted a lot from Todorov. Made some decent runs as well.
  • Options
    How about 'Eye Well Loo Roll' To the chant of C A F C?
  • Options
    we love you big chris,even me now.
  • Options
    Big Chris worked his socks off for the cause for whole 90 minutes. Made his goals out of sheer persistence and effort. Top marks in my book.
  • Options
    My Man Of the Match.

Not just his goals although they were vital one of the few players to come off at half time with credit.

You can feel that he wants to play for the shirt and that goes a long way with me.
  • Options
    think your right len
  • Options
    To the tune of Delilah

I, I, I, welumo
    I, I, I, welumo
    Come on Chris
    Its just like you're taking the piss
    Come on Iwelumo
    we want you to score even more
  • Options
    he sups on Iron Brew

he f*kin hates millwall

Ilwumeeoooo, oooooooo oooh
  • Options
    now TEK has gone

Der der der der-der der
    I - Le-Wu-Mo

Played so much better than Bent, more movement, effort and physical presence. Two good goals and could/should have had an hat-trick.

Looked much better when the whole team played closer to each other in the second half and Toderov came on. Looks much better with the big/small combination as with Cureton last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had this chat with Henry by text after the game-- said wondered if the lifers who said Iwelumo the worst striker they've ever seen would be on here with their humble pie.
  • Options
    Interesting question posed by the woman who sits behind me when Chris was threatening a hat-trick - "if he gets the hat-trick, which ball does he take home?"
  • Options
    we weren't playing multi ball this week were we?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Had this chat with Henry by text after the game-- said wondered if the lifers who said Iwelumo the worst striker they've ever seen would be on here with their humble pie.
    \

course they won't
  • Options
    Thought he played very well throughout, and the way he celebrated the goal tells a story in itself...great performance, but I think Semedo shaded him by a fraction for my man of the match
  • Options
    The Wednesday fans didn't return on of the balls in an effort to waste time when they were 2-0 up, lot of good it did them.
  • Options
    Big Chris was a handful for their defenders throughout the game - I'd give him man of the match, definitely not Semedo.

So come on, AFKA, eat some humble pie - you said he was the worst striker you'd seen in a Charlton shirt, didn't you?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]The Wednesday fans didn't return on of the balls in an effort to waste time when they were 2-0 up, lot of good it did them.

I really liked his effort level which was spot on. He really put himself about and was a real handful. The quality of his finishes were surprising. I had a brilliant view of his first from my seat in the East Stand and it looked a goal from the moment he hit it.
  • Options
    Got to say I was certainly sceptical wouldn't slag him off before I'd seen him play a few times, but he certainly puts himself about and playes to his strengths rather than trying to be something he isn't, clinical finishes...good honest professional it seems. Good luck to him and long may it continue, nice to see someone genuinely pleased to be at the Valley, lets hope Luke and Izale have that attitude and along with Todorov we'll tear some defences apart.
  • Options
    Only saw it on the telly, obviously, but Jerome Thomas' reaction to the winner put him up in my estimation. Sheer gutbusting joy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So come on, AFKA, eat some humble pie - you said he was the worst striker you'd seen in a Charlton shirt, didn't you?!

Don't remember, but very much doubt i would say the Weegie. If it can be found then i'd certainly take it back.
  • Options
    Weegs, not guilty !! This was my initial analysis of Big Chris from the Braga reaction:

Ilewumo - Big lump. Will work hard and win headers, and struggled from little width. But won't hold the ball up and link as well as Leaburn did, for example. Needs another striker playing off his shoulder -
  • Options
    If Varney has a good season, and lives up to the Superstar billing he's already been given on here. The prospect of Big Chris, Varney, Todorov and McLeod could be very promising indeed. Lots of different options. When you look back to last season for me we had one option...Darren Bent. I think all 4 will do a job this season.
  • Options
    Huge apologies, AFKA. Your description's not far off, though actually he proved on Sat that he's much better on the ground than we perhaps thought.

Just done a search and found it was Addickson's God who said it after Swindon, with Large agreeing, so that's where the humble pie is needed.

Next time I promise I will get my facts right and not rely on my flaky memory...
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I said all along he will be an important player for us, so ner
  • Options
    My dad said he thought he was rubbish and stuck by it despite the goals.

As we are celebrating the winner I turned to him and reminded he said that 'He's absolute rubbish'

his response 'He is' - no humble pie their, blinkers maybe but that's about it.

Personally I didn't think much of him in the first half, he looked better in the second when todorov came on and showed a bit of movement off the ball. He also took the goals well.
  • Options
    have there been any song suggestions yet? You know this to the tune of Bread of Heaven
    We can see you
    We can see you
    We can see you sneaking out
    We can see you sneaking out

how about ....

Iwelumo
    Iwelumo
    We can see you scoring goals
    We can see you scoring goals

* coat *