Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-Sheff Weds: The Match

Charlton: Weaver, McCarthy, Thatcher, Fortune, Bougherra; Reid, Semedo, Ambrose, Thomas, M Bent, Iwelumo.

Subs: Randolph, Faye, Zheng, Todorov, McLeod.

Sheff Wed: Grant; Simek, Spurr, Hinds, Wood; Lunt, O'Brien, Whelan, Johnson; Clarke, Burton.

Subs: Burch, Bullen, Gilbert, Folly, Tudgay.

Comments

• Options
    The OS suggests that McCarthy will play right-back, didn't Fortune go to RB when Moutouakil went off injured last week?

There is only Faye on the bench who can cover in defence,although I presume Semedo could drop back if needed.
  • Options
    Goal by Burton O'Brien (Sheff Wed) right-footed (top-left of goal) from left channel (20 yards).Charlton 0-1 Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    2-0. Shite.
  • Options
    Inswinging corner from right by-line taken left-footed by Burton O'Brien (Sheff Wed) to far post, headed goal by Tommy Spurr (Sheff Wed) (low centre of goal) from centre of penalty area (6 yards).Charlton 0-2 Sheff Wed. Assist (cross) by Burton O'Brien (Sheff Wed) from right by-line.
  • Options
    "Charlton giving the ball away too easily"

"The crowd are getting on their backs"

- Dickie Davies, Sky Sports News
  • Options
    It goes without saying...but we need a goal back before half-time.
  • Options
    Come on Charlton!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    We deserve to go down on this performance.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    IF it stays like this, I don't want to hear no Pardew spin/bullshit in the post match press conference. I'm f**king fuming.

In other news, Lisbie has just scored for Colchester.
  • Options
    Lisbie scores for Colchester - doh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ZZ on for Thatcher...are we going to go 3-5-2?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]ZZ on for Thatcher...are we going to go 3-5-2?

I doubt it.

It'll probably be a completely disorganised formation, which will lead to a more clueless performance than the 1st half atrocity.

"We'll score goals, but we'll also let them in" - Alan Pardew, August 2007, 50% correct.
  • Options
    What is Pardew doing?

We have a perfectly good right back playing in midfield where he constantly slows down the play (so it sounds to me on the commentary and from what I saw last week).
    Meanwhile we have our best centre back at right back and in his place we have a couple of monkeys (this week Bougherra) who keep making mistakes.

In addition we persist in playing Reid wide when he should always be in the centre.
    Finally I'm not sure about the front two pairing.

For the first time I'm questionning if he really knows what he's doing.

He has the second half to show that he can correct his mistakes. If he doesn't change the pattern of this team then questions will need to be asked.
  • Options
    This is getting worrying to say the least. Pardew prides himself on being experienced in this league. He goes on about passing our way out of the league and that we have more quality than everyone else...Have we cos we are pretty much bottom of the league. Come out in the 2nd half charlton and show that we can win this league cos we are sinking fast.
  • Options
    No excuses for Pards he has bought some dross....tell me the big buzz about Semedo..thought he was woeful last weeek...
  • Options
    I'm in Spain watching Sky Sports Centre and the fella watching our game says we're huffing n puffing but ain't got nowt up front. I can see ZZ coming on at half time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ct_addick[/cite]No excuses for Pards he has bought some dross....tell me the big buzz about Semedo..thought he was woeful last weeek...

He's a defender for heaven's sake. Pardew seems to think he can convert him to a midfielder. He has to bite the bullet and move him into defense and quick. Why not now?
  • Options
    Listening to the commentary on Radio Sheffield (Where I live).

Reidy is the man... Game on!
  • Options
    Much better from Charlton. Bent off. Toddy on.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Thomas and Reid now on their 'natural' wings.

Much better performance already according to Dickie Davies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Is that THE Dickie Davies of World Of Sport fame?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Is that THE Dickie Davies of World Of Sport fame?[/quote]

Yep.
  • Options
    It ain't just us, there are some weird scores all round in this division.
  • Options
    I'm listening to the commentary on the telephone!

Both teams have just had goals disallowed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ianwild[/cite]

Reidy is the man... Game on!

Absolutely. The guy is class.
  • Options
    2-2
  • Options
    GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Come on - We're on top... We can still win this - What a story.

Wish I was at the Valley - Iwelumo's ' built like a fridge' and he can score!

Ian
  • Options
    Chris Iwelumo according to Sky