Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougherra

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Forgot all the pullava when we signed him. Expect the Wednesday fans to give him a fair bit of stick today.

Comments

• Options
    Might fire us up a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Forgot all the pullava when we signed him. Expect the Wednesday fans to give him a fair bit of stick today.

Turns out that it's our fans giving him stick. As a result he's launching long balls as he's afraid to play it short.
  • Options
    What's the point our negative crowd getting on the team's back?

It's like a twelfth man for Wednesday.
  • Options
    uhhh because we are crap and people have paid good money to watch....
  • Options
    I'd agree Olly but it must be god damn annoying to be there. Easy for us to say sitting at home.

I'd blame Pardew not the players (see my comments on 'Match Thread')
  • Options
    Madjid, what's the score?
  • Options
    this is the first game where i thought he looked the part. that run he went on with the tackle half way through was immense.
  • Options
    We gotta remember we still ain`t got a settled team yet. When that happens I feel sure we will go on a run and collect enough points to make a challenge. You must admit we are playing some pretty impressive stuff at times. Get that defense sorted tho Pards !
  • Options
    Baggy Baggy Whats the score

No one in Blue singing that now LOL
  • Options
    For all his pace on the ball, don't think he won one header all day.

Even 2nd half against Burton, who isn't the biggest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]For all his pace on the ball, don't think he won one header all day.

Even 2nd half against Burton, who isn't the biggest.

Personally I thought he got better as the game went on. He is not the finished article yet but with confidence will be one of a big players this season in my opinion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]this is the first game where i thought he looked the part. that run he went on with the tackle half way through was immense.

lol you are joking. he was awful 1st half -- think the wednesday fans got to him

improved 2nd half - and as you say that run was good.
  • Options
    I thought apart from the mistake that led to a goal, he looked pretty solid to me.....will improve as time goes by and will be a firm fans favourite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]What's the point our negative crowd getting on the team's back?

It's like a twelfth man for Wednesday.

You needed to be there, Oggy - that first half was abysmal, tactically by the man in charge as well as just about every member of the team. Haven't seen as abject a display since...well, Wycombe last Dec.
  • Options
    Not convinced, don't care how good he is on the ball, needs to defend first, bit worried still how cheaply we give away goals. Bougherra might be great with a real solid player as a partner, but won't know till we get one, that could be true for Fortune too.
  • Options
    I think it's too "black and white" an argument to say that when a crowd boos it gives the opposing team an advantage. For some teams the boos will give them a kick up the backside so they ensure they don't get booed again, but also some teams need encouragement rather than negativity. I'm not a great fan of booing myself and would have been pissed if i'd have been there, but maybe it did something - I suppose you can never tell really.

The main thing about it that bothers me though is I don't want our support to end up a bunch of fickle mugs in the same vein as the Spud supporters are so I hope this booing doesn't become a regular thing.
  • Options
    how much did we pay for bougherra (£2m?) cos it makes me wonder whether we look at the players we buy properly or just look at the great bits of footage on you tube
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]Not convinced, don't care how good he is on the ball, needs to defend first, bit worried still how cheaply we give away goals.

Completely agree. It's like choosing between a John Terry or a Rio Ferdinand type of player - give me the bloke who wins headers and actually defends over the fella who "looks comfortable on the ball" every day of the week!
  • Options
    Didn't he go off injured at the end, anyway? Any news on that? We definitely need defensive signings/loans this week as we're now very short of fit players at the back, regardless of whether they are any good or not!
  • Options
    Personally I been very suspect of Boogie but I think this win is exactly what he needs, I think he felt he wasn't really performing to his potential and stuggled somewhat in the premiership especially. Now this win (against his old club) in the mannor it happened will really lift him and hopefully a few of the others who were feeling sorry for themselves and we'll start performing consistently well. I'm an optimist!