Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this will please a few of you

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
Danny Mills is being linked with a return to Charlton Athletic Football Club.

The former England international has been told he can leave Manchester City, as Sven Goran Eriksson continues to shake up the squad he inherited when he moved to Eastlands this summer.

"Danny Mills is a super professional football player and is probably one of the fittest we have here. But sometimes maybe it's time to move on and I'm sorry about that," Eriksson told the official City website.

"He is a nice man, a good lad to have around and gives everything out there. You always know what you get from Danny and that's 100 per cent. He doesn't have any other gear other than 100 per cent."

It is now being reported that Alan Pardew will make a move to sign Mills for the Addicks, with whom the fullback made over forty appearances for in a spell from 1998 to 1999

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't have a problem with that. I've never really understood why he always got so much stick when he came back.
  • Options
    i'd like that as well.

The main reason for the stick is the fact he left the relegated team when everyone else stayed.

If 3 or 4 others left when we went down he would have not got any abuse.

But he did leave, we got decent money and he wanted to be an international.

Can't argue with that, shame Leeds went down the pan. ha ha ha
  • Options
    I'd be well happy although how much he'd play once Moo2 returns would be an issue. If we can get him on loan then great.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'd be well happy although how much he'd play once Moo2 returns would be an issue. If we can get him on loan then great.

Isn't that what we want though, competition for places?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i'd like that as well.

The main reason for the stick is the fact he left the relegated team when everyone else stayed.

i don't think that's why. I think it was because he upped someone at the beginning of a game in his first one back.
  • Options
    His wages are like Citeh. Massive.

It's bleedin depressing being linked with old players who I was glad when they left...

Reading about Jason Euell on here the other day you'd have thought he was Pele!

Bring Back Danny Murphy!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

i don't think that's why. I think it was because he upped someone at the beginning of a game in his first one back.
    petty!
  • Options
    Bring back Cory Gibbs.
  • Options
    couldn't give a flying - i'd have him back in a heartbeat
  • Options
    You got to find him first........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danny Mills and Ben Thatcher? Not sure I like that combination!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Yeah and he mugged us off in the press if I remember rightly.
  • Options
    i would not say no
  • Options
    I thought it was cos his agent was touting him in the press before the Villa game, when we still had a chance of safety.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I thought it was cos his agent was touting him in the press before the Villa game, when we still had a chance of safety.
    and then bang - he scored
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Reading about Jason Euell on here the other day you'd have thought he was Pele!

Bring Back Danny Murphy!

That Euell comment made me choke on my beer!

I'd have Murphy back like a shot........ Mrs. Murphy would get to meet Marcus too, she'd be putty in his hands.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Saw MILLS score his 1st goal for us at crewe alex from a corner, we won 3-0.
    And for those that went that crewe fan who got loads of stick, was a classic moment, BALDY he was being barracked big time?
  • Options
    i remember that well Badge, good day out that one.
  • Options
    Did you get a programme dan, A LARGE size to commerate the 1st game between the 2 teams.
  • Options
    not a programme man, but no doubt the wife has it up in the loft somewhere.

bloody loft is full of boxes of the stuff !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thinking of selling mine. I mean, what good is a thousand odd programmes in the loft. Stopped buying them for the first time this season. Most stories are on the net anyway and the one's that ain't are not worth reading anyway.
  • Options
    Best insulation ever? I'm banned from bringing em' home.
  • Options
    I have boxes of programmes seperated into non league,football league and european games some of the european games are not programmes but like newspapers Evening standard style,take up so much space i've stopped buying em' unless it's a special game.
  • Options
    someone i know buys two programmes. One to read and one to put in the album. Mad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]Danny Mills is being linked with a return to Charlton Athletic Football Club.

The former England international has been told he can leave Manchester City, as Sven Goran Eriksson continues to shake up the squad he inherited when he moved to Eastlands this summer.

"Danny Mills is a super professional football player and is probably one of the fittest we have here. But sometimes maybe it's time to move on and I'm sorry about that," Eriksson told the official City website.

"He is a nice man, a good lad to have around and gives everything out there. You always know what you get from Danny and that's 100 per cent. He doesn't have any other gear other than 100 per cent."

It is now being reported that Alan Pardew will make a move to sign Mills for the Addicks, with whom the fullback made over forty appearances for in a spell from 1998 to 1999

Get him in. Looks like we need him!
  • Options
    I'd have no problem getting him back - he can cover at centre half, too.
  • Options
    No problem with Mills returning, think he'd certainly do a job this season. Think Yassin will get his place back when fit, but we don't want lack of cover all season, so bring him in by all means.
  • Options
    I would like to see him back. Didn't he play on the left side for England or am I losing the plot?

If so he would be a back up on both sides?