Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs you just can't bear to listen to...

13»

Comments

• Options
    I've no idea. Apparently West Ham are at home to Wigan.
  • Options
    Lily Allen had a good performance, but I agree she probably is a very pompous person.

KT Tunstall is just perfection
  • Options
    All R&B & UK Garage is Fookin awful if it comes on in a club I walk off Dance Floor and the Girls all beg me to go back on. :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]In the height of all seriousness (and yes, I realise one of you will shoot me dead tomorrow) I saw Mika at V and he wasn't that bad (especially in comparison to the Fray and Dizzee Rascal).

you going against the grain hammer boy, thats not like you is it dood!
  • Options
    Perhaps CS87 is right. He gets a pretty favourable review in the Guardian compared to what I think of his music:
  • Options
    Anything by The Fray or Razorlight, I can't stand Johnny Burrell (or however you spell his surname)
  • Options
    Anything by Queen especially one of the awlful sing a long numbers like "we will rock you".

Any song that rhymes "school" with "golden rule"

Any police song with "wo-oh-ah" from sting.

Any modern R & B/soul when the singer puts in too many notes eg I will always love you. Just sing the flipping song or go and join a jazz band

Modern Jazz. All sounds like Jazz Club on the fast show to me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]But back to the plot - anything by Michael Jackson,

Got To Be There, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough ... just two corkers by Mickey J ...

John Legend is RnB ... !!!! Ordinary People acapella ... the crowd were rocking over at Carnival when Norman Jay dropped this.

It's all about opinions, but typically people see fit to class all RnB into the same poppified catagory they know little about.

Kanye West Ft Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger is a classic example. Overplayed, so people get bored off it ... but is a strong record. Prince is RnB, and if you had sen him at the O2 you would realise what a special performer he is.

The US Billbord is headed at the mo by Musiq Soulchild. Now he is RnB ... and can rock the shiznit.

Anyway its Carnival this weekend so I will mostly be listening to Soca ... "Lift ya leg up"
  • Options
    The thought of Ric "A framing" is most amusing/disturbing.
  • Options
    Things will only get better.

Do I need to explain why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you want me to play Mika at halftime for Ketman??
  • Options
    Glad all over

Anything by a band classified as a "boyband" or "girlband"
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]But back to the plot - anything by Michael Jackson,[/quote]

Got To Be There, Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough ... just two corkers by Mickey J ...

Awful, just awful Rick! The most overrated artist in the world (well at least until Mariah Carey came along...).

There are buskers in Allbufeira with more talent.

As you say matey - opinions is what it's all about.

No Idea who John Legend is, if he's good, then he ain't RnB (in the modern sense...).

Mind you I class Drum n Bass, UK Hip Hop, House, Garage (in the modern sense), hip hop, trance and all the rest as all the same too. That's 'cos I am 42...
  • Options
    Anything by Queen - look at the sort of people who like that mock operatic stuff if you need a further reason.

Bon Jovi - fake rock music.
  • Options
    Anything by Mozart in d minor, just turns my stomach.
  • Options
    Anything by Suzanne Vega or UB40 or Elton John post 1980 or Phil Collins solo or David Bowie post 1983 or Paul Mac Cartney post 1976 or Blue or but most of all.......Angles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Anything by Suzanne Vega

You can't knock the old Selhurst tune, Tom's Diner...

de de der de, de de der de, de de der de, de de der de,
    we are Charlton from the Valley, we are Charlton from the Valley

feeling old now
  • Options
    The kaizer chiefs really do my head in, hard-fi as well.

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with them...I just cannot stand to listen to a song of theirs. It has become difficult to listen to the radio!

Agree with Mika...
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    christmas songs! can't effing stand them.
    stuff your chestnuts, i don't wish it was xmas everyday, i know there wont be snow in africa this xmas, i couldn't care that the boys from the NYPD choir were singing galway bay, and i suggest cliff pokes his mistletoe where the sun don't shine.
    radio's are unplugged on the 1st dec in the bacon household and car.

BAR HUMBUG

oh yeah......and mika
  • Options
    tricky ricky nailed it. Anything by Hard Fi or Kaiser Chiefs. U2, Morrissey, and RnB, Funky house, garage and all that chav rubbish, general pop rubbish that gets overplayed and anything that would stand a remote change of doing well in Eurovision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]tricky ricky nailed it. Anything by Hard Fi or Kaiser Chiefs. U2, Morrissey, and RnB, Funky house, garage and all that chav rubbish, general pop rubbish that gets overplayed and anything that would stand a remote change of doing well in Eurovision.

Agreed except I can't see how you can put Morrissey and U2 in the same sentence as that other crap. Regarding U2 it depends what decade you're looking at. I'm not a great fan of Morrisey but as he was an inspiration for Gene -the best band in the world ever - then he deserves some credit.
  • Options
    Mika was the first song played at half-time. Nice one BDL...!
  • Options
    I heard Mika, Hard-fi, and U2...BDL clearly wrote a list of artists from this thread!

I couldn't help but laugh when Mika came on...even though we were losing 2-0 at the time!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fucking scissor sisters... 'I don't feel like dancing' nanananananana dancing dancing... ARRGGH purgatory

You're beautiful by James Cunt.... can you believe it took three yes THREE people to write that pitiful crud

and last but not least Have you really really really ever loved a woman by Bryan Adams. Jesus h christ!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]I heard Mika, Hard-fi, and U2...BDL clearly wrote a list of artists from this thread!

I couldn't help but laugh when Mika came on...even though we were losing 2-0 at the time!
    It's a cunning plan to drive everyone out to the concourses to buy more beer.

I'm fairly open minded musically, and actually own stuff by several of the artists mentioned in this thread. However James "I'm my own rhyming slang" Blunt has me reaching for the off switch ASAP.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2007
    Ketman was having a beer - so I'll have to play it again!!!! ;-)