Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nintendo Wii

edited August 2007 in Not Sports Related
I know i'm a bit late and maybe people have already discussed this thing but I bought one the weekend and I have to confess to be totally astounded at actually how good the thing is! So much fun and i'd highly recommend it to anyone, just ordered myself the new Zelda game...Bow and Arrow has gotta be fun hasn't it! I know i'm just a big kid!

Comments

• Options
    i've got one and love it.

mario party 8 is a must for a cheap friday night with mates. loads of games on that that are good for a few drinking games.

Wii Sport is great as well!
  • Options
    brilliant - me and my son have some cracking 10 pin bowling battles
  • Options
    I've been trying to convince the Mrs to fight me on Boxing all weekend! She won't have it tho...am i just wrong?! The bowling is ledge though i'm hooked on that something chronic!
  • Options
    not had a games console since the megadrive but this thing is great. love the sports.

only played it at friends, not got me own one yet. it's on the list.
  • Options
    Just looked at a trailer for Mario Party 8...ORDERED!
  • Options
    can you get MP8 for much under £30 anywhere?
  • Options
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/026-2738622-0610042?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mario+party+8

there ya go on amazon
  • Options
    I want one for my next birthday, the Missus say`s "I grow up and act my age" (boo) are they as much fun as they look.

Surpressed
    of south London
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I want one for my next birthday, the Missus say`s "I grow up and act my age" (boo) are they as much fun as they look.

Surpressed
    of south London[/quote]

Yes. The Wii is excellent only got a couple of games but they are all interactive. I don't know if you've got kids but it is always a good thing to point out that they get a bit of exercise while playing a games console. If you play Wii sports a lot (especially the boxing) it can feel like you've been down the gym.
  • Options
    You wait til Mario Kart & Wii Fitness come out, proper steering wheel & the fitness game you play with some board thing that you stand on & its all some balancing thing, looks the nuts.

Manhunt 2 has been banned though, w*nkers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: southamptonaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]I want one for my next birthday, the Missus say`s "I grow up and act my age" (boo) are they as much fun as they look.

Surpressed
    of south London

Yes. The Wii is excellent only got a couple of games but they are all interactive. I don't know if you've got kids but it is always a good thing to point out that they get a bit of exercise while playing a games console. If you play Wii sports a lot (especially the boxing) it can feel like you've been down the gym.

My kids have got kids! I`ve got it................. its good exercise for the Grandchildren ;)
  • Options
    It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular LOL. My 3 year old grandson was playing on the boxing yesterday and was battering everyone. He absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    Was thinking of getting either a Wii or a PS3 for the boy (honest) for his birthday.

Which is cheaper and which is better to get an 9 year old?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Was thinking of getting either a Wii or a PS3 for the boy (honest) for his birthday.

Which is cheaper and which is better to get an 9 year old?[/quote]

The Wii is about £180 the PS3 about £400. Never played the PS3 but as someone said on another site "if you've got £200 to spend get a Wii, if you've got £300 get an X-Box and if you've got £500 get a Wii and an X-Box".
  • Options
    the best bet is a 360 mate. miles better than both.. wii is ok.. got my little boy one for christmas but it does get old pretty quickly..
  • Options
    Simple answer Henry - Get a Wii and a 360!

Beats the C**p that passes on TV these days (why do I pay Sky £45 a month?? - I Know I'll start a new thread) and you can have hours of fun with the Kids on the Wii, then let your hair down, when they go to bed, and go on line with Rainbow 6 on the 360.
  • Options
    @jayblock: been playing Wii Sports since December and not tired of it yet! Waiting for a full fledged tennis game, or the ping pong (same as the 360) that is on the cards.

@ TCE: They use them in care homes for the elderly's exercise! ;-)

@ Henry, X-boxes break.

@Everyone: what's your top bowling score?
  • Options
    microsoft have changed the hardware in the new 360's so they dont break anymore.. still get the 3 year warranty too.
  • Options
    @ TCE: They use them in care homes for the elderly's exercise! ;-)

Lol. Cheers mate.................. ;)
  • Options
    I have not played any sort of video game since the old Ping - Pong thing from the 70's. Got my youngest son a Wi for his birthday. It is brilliant. Tennis and golf are superb. There is new golf game coming out soon. Can't wait for Wi cricket, there is actually an internet campaign for Nintendo do develop a cricket game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wii, is the best.. A game of tennis a day, is just fun.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]I have not played any sort of video game since the old Ping - Pong thing from the 70's. Got my youngest son a Wi for his birthday. It is brilliant. Tennis and golf are superb. There is new golf game coming out soon. Can't wait for Wi cricket, there is actually an internet campaign for Nintendo do develop a cricket game![/quote]

Baseball/Cricket.. How could they vary it?
  • Options
    Wii cricket would be brilliant. I'm looking forward to FIFA on the Wii. You use the nunchuck to control the player and wave the wiimote to pass, shoot, chip etc. I just hope Lisbie's on there.
  • Options
    I must admit these Home Video games hold no interest for me personally, have never owned one nor do I ever intend to own one. Although I will admit to playing on the Golf games you get in some pubs.
  • Options
    ketman - wii golf is awesome mate - i never played golf but love it on the Wii

as for bowling score my best is 176 my sons is 226
  • Options
    Get the boy a Wii Henry. He'll love it. Ideal for kids the family and people not traditionally into games. Reasonably priced and plenty of fun. Trationally however Nintendo consoles have been poorly supported in Europe and have had in the past short lifespans, this doesn't appear to be the case with the Wii but it's worth noting if you want the console to last beyond a couple of years.

PS3 is more like a high end big boys toy which to get the best out of you need a super high end TV (1080p and HDMI input!). Quality bit of kit though and pretty future proof. More of a media hub than just a games console but the price reflects it.

360 lacks the grunt & extras of the PS3 and arguably the fun of the Wii, but has a great game catalogue pretty much the hardcore gamers console of choice. Microsoft have confused the issue a little with three versions - Core, Premium & Elite.
  • Options
    sounds like a Wii then. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    deffo mate - you won't regret it.

also get 4 controllers
  • Options
    And watch out for brused hands as you smash them into walls when playing tennis!
  • Options
    Have a Wii and a PS3 and have to agree with T's comments above.

The Wii is great fun, and more for 2 or more players. We had a bbq on Sunday, and a couple of friends bought their controllers and Mii's with them and we were playing the thing for hours between about a dozen of us - a good laugh.

PS3 is a serious bit of kit for gaming, but also lets me stream music, photos etc from a media vault I've got upstairs. It's also a Blu-ray player, which the Wii isn't, and the 360 requires an add-on box for HD movie playback....