Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1895, Henry Irving Knighted.
  • Options

• Options
    1892, a tortoise called Timothy is brought to Powderham Castle in Devon where he lived to 2004.
    Wow 2004, that's a very old tortoise.... 😀 
    You might want to Google Jonathan the tortoise.
  • Options
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    From the 'other' site: "Unlikely to see any movement on this over the summer by all accounts.  Revisit mid way through season is looking the most likely outcome." angeldust.
    Should be completed by 6pm tonight then. 
  • Options
    It’s about to happen!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    From the 'other' site: "Unlikely to see any movement on this over the summer by all accounts.  Revisit mid way through season is looking the most likely outcome." angeldust.
    Wonderful. At which point the cycle will continue until one of Roland or, preferably, me is dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    If I were a prospective buyer given the talent we have let walk out the door this window, I would definitely hold off til mid-season to see if we are safely above the drop zone before buying at a Championship valuation at this point. Why risk it with a team that the previous owner has basically chosen? Makes no sense. Better to wait then buy before the winter transfer window and upgrade as needed. 
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    Wonderful. At which point the cycle will continue until one of Roland or, preferably, me is dead.
    I'd take anything like that with a pinch of salt
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    If I were a prospective buyer given the talent we have let walk out the door this window, I would definitely hold off til mid-season to see if we are safely above the drop zone before buying at a Championship valuation at this point. Why risk it with a team that the previous owner has basically chosen? Makes no sense. Better to wait then buy before the winter transfer window and upgrade as needed. 
    But why not just wait until the summer and see what division we're in, when you can have more impact eg with transfers during the close season? Then simply drag it out for a few months again, and decide to wait for Christmas again. Repeat ad infinitum.
    No. Better still, the summer after that...
  • Options
    Tick Tock Roland, price people will pay only getting lower from here on in. Idiot. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Just gone on to see wot the deal is with the new shorts sponsor (don't follow twitter & this is the msg showing..."is it happening"...

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

prob not...!!!
  • Options
    If only
  • Options
    Can expect another Roland statement soon then
  • Options
    Just gone on to see wot the deal is with the new shorts sponsor (don't follow twitter & this is the msg showing..."is it happening"...

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

prob not...!!!
    Twitter down too.  Could be one hell of a statement...!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

FFP was a solution, but you try to enforce it and you get threatened with legal action. 
    Remember that footballers are people!

Everyone should be able to change their job without permission or interference from their former employers once their contract is finished!

The idea that a university or any former employer could demand compensation if you move to a higher paid job is frightening!
    I understand the principal of this but I think there is a simple reason why in their case it is different as they gain an unfair benefit because football is a game with laws and restrictions which help them. Let's say I wanted to set up a football team on a budget of £1k a month. I would easily be able to find 30 decent enough players within that budget that would thrash a team of 11 Ronaldos. But the laws of the game preclude me from doing that, I have to stick to eleven, so to be better with my eleven, I have to pay the players that make a difference more. 

It isn't difficult to argue that football is a special case. And footballers are hardly treated as slaves. We don't want players being exploited, but there are safeguards that could be put in place to ensure they are fairly treated and continue to make a lot of money, but not ridiculous amounts that suck much of the game dry. 
  • Options
    Or even more likely that it’s down for maintenance reasons ?
  • Options
    Might be summin to do with the sponsorship renewal?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Back of shirt one that is, and they might've negotiated a better spot of the website?
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

prob not...!!!
    Twitter down too.  Could be one hell of a statement...!
    @CAFCOfficial in a right old panic so they deliberately broke the OS, apparently he’s found the new password and the key to the drinks cabinet all on the same day. Brace yourselves folks. 😂😂
  • Options
    Or even more likely that it’s down for maintenance reasons ?
    Yeah, reckon it was say "Down due to change of club ownership" if was anything to do with the Rat going
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    RedRyan said:
    But why not just wait until the summer and see what division we're in, when you can have more impact eg with transfers during the close season? Then simply drag it out for a few months again, and decide to wait for Christmas again. Repeat ad infinitum.
    So you are saying that it is no more risky to buy now, at the end of our first transfer window when there is little chance to improve the squad, than it is too wait and see if the current squad are above the drop zone by Christmas? CAFC are odds on favorites for relegation, hardly inspiring for a new owner at any price. And yes, frankly, an even smarter move to me would be to wait til May and see where the dust settles. I now think that is actually the most likely scenario.
  • Options
    "The website is down because it's happening."
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!