Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

Samcro beat at Down Royal.

Does he need further than 2 miles now to show his very best?

My personal view is that he needed more than 2 miles last season but was so good in novice company that it didn't make a material difference.

Even before today I wouldn't have backed him for the CH and I expect him to run over longer distances, perhaps even novice chasing, despite what connections are saying.
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

i think its hard to judge a horse like Samcro first time out, majority of the time the big names are out for fitness and if they win its a bonus.

But the trainer doesn't tell you that until after its been beaten.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

smiffyboy said:

i think its hard to judge a horse like Samcro first time out, majority of the time the big names are out for fitness and if they win its a bonus.

They don't run 'em for us mate.
  • Options
    Bellafina drifting like a barg
  • Options

iaitch said:

smiffyboy said:

They don't run 'em for us mate.
    No but experience n common sense does
  • Options
    Sorry people.

*Hangs head
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Sorry people.

*Hangs head

It happens Bob. You still have more than a few credits in hand and I'm sure most on here would rather you passed them on than didn't.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Sorry people.

*Hangs head

No worries Bob.
    Fortunately Bet£3.65 were true to their name and restricted me to that stake.
  • Options
    Bread and dripping for me
  • Options
    No worries bob appreciate the tip it’s down to us punters if we chose to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4.15 Newmarket Apex King
  • Options
    From the trainer
  • Options
    Enable destroying the field (apart from Magical) after going wide round the turn was incredible.

Roaring Lion should never have been run on dirt
  • Options
    Melbourne Cup. Any fancies?

I'm happy with my AP playbook - Muntahaa at 18s (now 8s) and Nakeeta at 200s (now 66/1 but even so, ran respectably in defeat last year).

I might add Cross Counter (8/1) today as his profile is pretty similar to Rekindling. One of those wide open races though of course.
  • Options
    Good luck @killer kish with Duhallow Gesture today!
  • Options
    Cheers Paddy,just got back
    Trainer pleased with his run and believes he needs further.(bred for 3 miles)
    Did make a complete Horlicks of the last but made no difference to the result
  • Options
    Kalashnikov out over fences tomorrow have an ante post on for the arkle, at 1/3 I won’t be backing tomorrow but will watch with interest
  • Options

Kalashnikov out over fences tomorrow have an ante post on for the arkle, at 1/3 I won’t be backing tomorrow but will watch with interest

Mullins fancies Draconien as "being in the Footpad league" so a speculative 20/1 for me on the Arkle for him. He's since been trimmed in places so I'm not too unhappy.

That said, if Willie says it's raining I'll be looking outside. But them's bold words.
  • Options
    Smithys old horse ‘Florencio’ apparently just won at Chelmsford but nobody knows for certain as the lights went out with 2f to go! I presume they will call void race which is a pain in the arse as I backed it at 6/1
  • Options

Smithys old horse ‘Florencio’ apparently just won at Chelmsford but nobody knows for certain as the lights went out with 2f to go! I presume they will call void race which is a pain in the arse as I backed it at 6/1

Chelmsford now abandoned
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple of friends of mine are season ticket holders at Lingfield. Today they were going to have to miss a rare jumps card that actually survived the weather there because they had a horse running at Chelmsford that they have a small share in. Of course, their horse was due to run in one of the abandoned races!
  • Options
    I love watching Bless The Wings go round, even when he does underperform slightly. He clearly loves his gallivanting.
  • Options
    Relegate very likely to be Mullins' pick in the Mares Novice at Cheltenham. Generally available at 8/1.
  • Options
    Off to Lingfield tomorrow.

Any tips or has anybody studied the card? Haven't had a chance yet.

• Options

Off to Lingfield tomorrow.

Any tips or has anybody studied the card? Haven't had a chance yet.

So am I, so any tips would be doubly appreciated.
  • Options
    I shall be snaffling a shilling from Mrs M's Christmas tin to have an each way nibble at 16/1 on Looking Well in the 3.5 mile handicap at Cheltenham today.
  • Options
    For those enjoying the day at Lingfield today
    3.15 Gifted Master
    And nice to see you Peanuts and hopefully great minds and all that as I myself have placed a shilling or two on Looking Well
  • Options
    Also for those at Lingfield today here is a place pot to have a crack at
    1-2-3-9
    1-2
    1-9
    1-2-6-8
    1-2-9
    4-7
    For a 10p stake that will cost £38.40
    Or open a colossus account and join my syndicates where you can stake as little as a £1 for a percentage of the syndicate my syndicates are called If I Can Dream
  • Options
    17/11/18 .. Harry Skelton .. 5 timer at Uttoxeter !!
  • Options
    Emotional win for Lalor at Cheltenham