Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posting on non Charlton related threads whilst a match is on

Comments

• Options
    I think nowadays very few people do just one thing at a time and constant stimulation is a must. I see where you're coming from though, as when Charlton play I'm either there or listening and that pretty much takes all my headspace.
  • Options

At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.
    I cant grasp their mental decisions.

I am a boy-cotter so if I am in front of a PC on a match day I will more than likely open up CL and dip in and out.

I do not cement myself to the match thread though, I take a look at the other threads, post a few comments and then come back to see what has happened.

Like MeOneLung I also have the BBC football page open as I like to keep an eye on all the scores including non league.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I happened to notice yesterday whilst refreshing the match thread during the game, several postings to non Charlton/Sport related threads on here.
    Surely, if Charlton are playing, then your focus is Charlton, not Dogs or Holidays or how big your cock is.?

Thanks...

• Options
    Why would anyone watching on ifollow being looking at Charlton life ??
    Mine always seems to be a minute or 5 behind real time and I wanna watch it as if it’s live .
    I won’t have soccer Saturday on because the goal will come up on there before ifollow pictures .
    Charlton life would put the goal up before I’d seen it as well and as pointed out above the increase in comments gives away some sort of goal action.
    I have a quick glance on phone at prem and champ scores whilst watching ifollow on iPad .
    Or does anyone get ifollow at nigh on real time so can be reading and commenting on the match thread st the same time .
    Also my kids are warned off looking at the scores and letting me know , although I get suspicious when they turn up and start looking at the iPad for a bit , although so far it has just been out of curiosity .
    I also end up dragging the pictures back a minute or two to show them a goal or the ref getting clattered , hence I’m always a bit further behind than real time .
  • Options
    I often follow the Match Thread a few pages at a time. I'm 6000 miles away from the UK so real time means nothing. This Saturday, for example, I was catching up on TV via the computer, only looking at the match thread on the iPad (and the rest of the scores) during the commercial breaks. It's quite rare that I'm glued to it, refreshing every ten seconds.

I sometimes watch a Premier League game, cricket or other sport. And I've been known to post on unrelated threads on the CL forum.

Weird concept from the OP IMHO.
  • Options

At the moment, there have been 2 people to 'lol' this thread - that shows how detached and vacuous some people are re this . Its a serious issue that needs their cognitve measure to be assessed.

I am a boy-cotter so if I am in front of a PC on a match day I will more than likely open up CL and dip in and out.

Fair play for pulling Cyndi Lauper but you want to be careful the PC doesn't nick you both for public indecency!
  • Options
    Taking this to the next "logical" step ...

If I'm at The Valley attending a Charlton match am I allowed to talk to my parents about non-Charlton-related topics?

I wouldn't want to fall foul of the Match Day Police in the New World Order ...
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

England v Windies Lords test was on while CAFC were playing Southend at home, did you stay away from the cricket thread while Charlton were playing El Presidente ?

We find the defendant guilty as charged your honour.

Shocking ;)
  • Options
    I'm a boy-cotter & believe it or not I've found other things to do & missing Charlton playing doesn't mean my life is over / empty. Presumably this means I'm no longer a supporter of the club I've been watching for 52 years (with the exception of the last 2) What worries me now is come the day that we have an owner who actually wants the team to win will I be allowed to buy a new season ticket or will I forever be excluded to pay for my sins of not being near a computer every time Charlton play ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't see the problem, I'm at work getting paid to do a job when I make 90% of my posts on this website so if people want to talk about the size of their dogs cocks at 3:15 on a Saturday, who am I to argue.

• Options

Fair play for pulling Cyndi Lauper but you want to be careful the PC doesn't nick you both for public indecency!
    very good Rodders ...i am trying but failing to find something in "boy-cotter" ...any RC Clergy on ere?
  • Options
    Still dont get it - people posting today about running, and Brexit and other shit.
    What is this? - a fucking site for everything non Charlton related.
    Get behind the team ffs.
  • Options
    Carp fucking fishing !
  • Options

Still dont get it - people posting today about running, and Brexit and other shit.
    Get behind the team ffs.

Even as a fella it is not that difficult to multi task.

• Options
    The_President said:
    Get behind the team ffs

Well said mate, some of the guilty idiots (they know who they are).
    More interested in Remaining in the EU and the stupid march today.
    Agree with you 100%!!!
  • Options
    Agree with op bloody tosspots :smiley:
  • Options

Get behind the team ffs.

Perhaps for some people, Charlton isn't the only thing is their life?

You may have noticed that by the attendances we get these days.

In any case, the thing (for me) that makes this site so great, is that you can discuss anything here, not just Charlton. Given the past few years, if all we discussed was Charlton we'd all be fucking suicidal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was bombing through lincolnshire at 125mph on the Highland Chieftain back from Scotland.
    As I was on a train I think this excuse perfectly reasonable.
  • Options
    You mean, that as I am working so hard to being you interesting comments on a wonderful Charlton team, some people move to another thread, how dare they, moderators, you should close down all the other threads during a game :smiley:
  • Options
    There’s a thread on Carp fishing?

My life’s complete!
  • Options
    If I have the time then I prefer to follow Gillette Saturday as all results fly in. Others can do whatever they like as long as it doesn't bother me.
    Not going to any games until Roland boys off, so Saturdays are now mainly filled with family stuff.
  • Options
    Be a shame if someone were to bump this thread...
  • Options
    Are carp fishermen like the SAS of anglers?
    just wondered.
  • Options

Are carp fishermen like the SAS of anglers?
    just wondered.

No they ain't.

They're like the WRENS