Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland to meet EFL next month

Comments

• Options
    I take it the takeover is on hold ( was it ever off hold??) Whilst Roland prepares for this meet?

He's having a short movie hastily being made about how he saved humanity. Photoshoots, newspaper and magazine articles, TV interviews. Just so the EFL, media at large and the general public know what a bloody good bloke he is.
  • Options
    Just imagine the meeting,"Yes Roland,no Roland,ok thats fine Roland,goodness me is that the time,bars open lads, 6 port and lemons,dont forget the receipt,thanks for coming Roland"
  • Options
    I wonder where and when?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Crock of old crap.

EFL are going to say that Roland is doing his utmost to sell the club, and they are happy with the cost cutting measures as all clubs should be looking to save in this financial climate blah blah blah.

If they mention the bonus they will say Roland has agreed to speak to the staff to see if they can come to some sort of agreement. Which we all know will never happen.

If we are still top 10 they may even throw that in somewhere.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Chance for the fans to ‘speak’ to him after his meeting, if we find out when and where it is...

The mendacious old bungler sold Standard quickly enough after their fans got to ‘speak’ to him, face to face. Trouble is the preposterous lickspittles at the EFL will fancy a jolly on expenses on the Eurostar so will be all too happy to schlepp over to the twunt’s fiefdom for this “meeting”. Ears to the ground tho boys n girls CAFC usually leaks like a sieve when we need it to
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Chance for the fans to ‘speak’ to him after his meeting, if we find out when and where it is...

The mendacious old bungler sold Standard quickly enough after their fans got to ‘speak’ to him, face to face. Trouble is the preposterous lickspittles at the EFL will fancy a jolly on expenses on the Eurostar so will be all too happy to schlepp over to the twunt’s fiefdom for this “meeting”. Ears to the ground tho boys n girls CAFC usually leaks like a sieve when we need it to

Not so.

Was years after the fans broke into the boardroom that he sold.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Nicholas said:

Crock of old crap.

EFL are going to say that Roland is doing his utmost to sell the club, and they are happy with the cost cutting measures as all clubs should be looking to save in this financial climate blah blah blah.

If they mention the bonus they will say Roland has agreed to speak to the staff to see if they can come to some sort of agreement. Which we all know will never happen.

I have an open mind about the outcome....Ok, given that both parties haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory over the last few years I can understand folks levels of optimism won’t be that high......but.......the media will be all over The EFL if they are seen to be toothless in this instance.
    They’ll have to show some semblance of authority if nothing else and hopefully will be seen to chastise Goldfinger to some degree.......and by god doesn’t the rotten fucker deserve it.
    Time for The EFL to show its mettle and gain some respect.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Roland’s tenure has never brought happiness to SE7, it has just brought a penis. :neutral:
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Crock of old crap.

He probably thinks he can butter them up with booze and house music, ala Robinson.
  • Options
    The purpose of the meeting is for the EFL to explain to Roland how protests help or don't help in the sale of the club. According to Roland's recent statement anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

The purpose of the meeting is for the EFL to explain to Roland how protests help or don't help in the sale of the club. According to Roland's recent statement anyway.

Exactly. And why I said earlier that it would be good of the Aussies to put their side over. We don't need chapter and verse. Just something along the lines of how they are trying to get it over the line and maybe mentioning the fantastic/passionate fan base.

Because as you rightly said, Duchatelet will definitely try and put the blame of any delay on us and how we are putting potential suitors off.
  • Options
    The Aussie takeover is dead I reckon.
    Not sure the other bidder even exists.
  • Options
    I wish the EFL would issue a statement on their version of events and just say RD's paperwork claim is a load of nonsense.
  • Options
    'love the club to Ebbsfleet'?
    What a sweet phrase😃
  • Options
    Wherever it is held, the Duchatelet apologists will hold a demonstration, chanting "four more years, four more years".
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Am I the only one who believes that Roland sees the EFL as a branch of CARD?

Poor Roley, he thinks Every Flipping Londoner is against him.
  • Options

addick05 said:

The result will be a statement from the EFL informing the great unwashed that they can find no technical fault with his ownership. They will have fulfilled their role in meeting with Roland and can sleep soundly in their beds. Sorry but can't see the point of this meeting.

Never overestimate Roland.
    Hope you are right Rick.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's not forget this meeting is not just about our club.
    What Id like to happen not that it probably will is.
    Roland goes to the meeting and makes a right f@cking pigs ear of it, the meeting that bad not even the efl can ignore it.
    How the f@ck did this nutter top up with an English football club their thinking.
    The Efl can probably do nothing for us, but this meetings so bad the efl have to get tighter and if one other club in this country tops up without a Roland as an owner job f@cking done.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Not so.

Actually, does anyone have the precise dates of the boardroom invasion and the SL sale?
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Not so.

Actually, does anyone have the precise dates of the boardroom invasion and the SL sale?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSsCl4cUVg8

Well this was put up on youtube (Roland invented this) in June 2013, before he bought us and he still owned Standard then.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Not so.

There were of course other demos, big ones, and I think he was threatened with physical assault at a game too, and if I recall they mainly came after this video.

He has referenced the Standard fans' overall attitude to him as a factor in his decision to sell, and certainly the Standard fans themselves firmly believe they 'got him out'. But I have certainly never been convinced it was the main driver. Other factors would have included the impending conflict of interest with STVV heading for promotion, and the refusal of other club chairmen and the Belgian football association to recognise his superior wisdom on a whole range of matters such as merging with the Dutch league.

The scenes in that video are shambolic and telling. They all just rant at him, the word "merde" seems to feature strongly. And look at his body language. He doesn't look remotely scared.

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Not so.

There were of course other demos, big ones, and I think he was threatened with physical assault at a game too, and if I recall they mainly came after this video.

He has referenced the Standard fans' overall attitude to him as a factor in his decision to sell, and certainly the Standard fans themselves firmly believe they 'got him out'. But I have certainly never been convinced it was the main driver. Other factors would have included the impending conflict of interest with STVV heading for promotion, and the refusal of other club chairmen and the Belgian football association to recognise his superior wisdom on a whole range of matters such as merging with the Dutch league.

The scenes in that video are shambolic and telling. They all just rant at him, the word "merde" seems to feature strongly. And look at his body language. He doesn't look remotely scared.

I think he did look scared......initially anyway.
  • Options
    O no another month with the rat in charge. There was me thinking he would be gone by then. More chance of Millwall going up this season. Surely he most be board of this on going saga or does he get off on it???
    Sell the club FFS.
  • Options

O no another month with the rat in charge. There was me thinking he would be gone by then. More chance of Millwall going up this season. Surely he most be board of this on going saga or does he get off on it???
    Sell the club FFS.

bored
  • Options

Wherever it is held, the Duchatelet apologists will hold a demonstration, chanting "four more years, four more years".

The sign on the roof!
    Are red bull back in for us?