Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    HarryLime said:

Ok. So here is what Duchatelet told us earlier. Please take this with a pinch of salt.

There are still two interested parties, the Aussies and a British one.
    He is selling the lot. Would have kept the Valley but only four of the ex-directors approved this.
    He loves Richard Murray. "He is a super guy."
    He hates Peter Varney and CARD. The latter have misled the majority of fans. He would have led us to the Premier League otherwise. "You have missed an opportunity."
    He is no longer interested in football.

We've missed an opportunity??? {…} huh
    Deluded old fucker, that probably eats pizza with a knife and fork
    I know that you didn’t mean to be personal Harry, but I sometimes eat pizza with a knife and fork.
  • Options
  • Options

Bubble said:

@RichCawleySLP

Sunderland takeover set to go through at start of this week. #cafc bid from Andrew Muir's consortium is next in line for EFL approval. Getting closer.

Why can they only do one at a time?
    There's only 1 napkin with the Fit and Proper Persons test. They have to share it
  • Options
  • Options

Bubble said:

@RichCawleySLP

Sunderland takeover set to go through at start of this week. #cafc bid from Andrew Muir's consortium is next in line for EFL approval. Getting closer.

Why can they only do one at a time?
    The intern only works 2 days a week
    Daisy’s younger brother I heard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The reason they can only process one takeover at a time:

Cawley:

'Only one panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test. So if got more than one to process it slows things down - at least that is what I was told....'
  • Options

Cawley:

'Only one Napkin with the rules for the panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test. So if got more than one to process it slows things down - at least that is what I was told....'
    Fixed it for you
  • Options
    Does anyone know who, or what sort of people (solicitors? / accountants?) sit on this panel? Surely they should have the capability to deal with 2 cases at the same time if ever the need arrises?
  • Options
    The panel should be all women because they are apparently better at multi tasking than men.
  • Options
    It would be ludicrous to have multiple panels for such a specific issue, they would be sat round twiddling their thumbs for months on end when no takeovers are happening, then everyone would say thats whats wrong with English football.....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The panel should be all women because they are apparently better at multi tasking than men.

Think of all the woolen jumpers knitted while they were waiting for the next one.
  • Options
    Would think the Sunderland one might need a bit more research and due diligence than us...
    After all, Eastleigh chairman taking over Sunderland doesnt fit right in my eyes, whereas Charlton taken over by Billionaire (in Aus dollars) , might be a bit easier to give the nod to. However, with our experience of RD, maybe not so easy.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The Wigan takeover hasn't happened yet either, I don't know whether they've got to the stage of EFL approval?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would think the Sunderland one might need a bit more research and due diligence than us...
    After all, Eastleigh chairman taking over Sunderland doesnt fit right in my eyes, whereas Charlton taken over by Billionaire (in Aus dollars) , might be a bit easier to give the nod to. However, with our experience of RD, maybe not so easy.

not if they come on here and read about what racists they are
  • Options

It would be ludicrous to have multiple panels for such a specific issue, they would be sat round twiddling their thumbs for months on end when no takeovers are happening, then everyone would say thats whats wrong with English football.....

Agree, but if it's just certain criteria they're looking at, surely it can be done by a 3rd party a bit like the conveyancing on a house or business in other industries.

It may be a rare occurrence, but I think it's important that each one is done without delay.
  • Options

Cawley:

'Only one panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test. So if got more than one to process it slows things down - at least that is what I was told....'
    Seems a little at odds with a line from the Abramovich story yesterday, which stated that the Fit & Proper test is done annually...I take it that this one is even more of a rubber stamp job than the one to welcome in brand new owners!
  • Options
    The amount of time we've waited if it takes the EFL an extra 2 weeks then so be it
  • Options

Does anyone know who, or what sort of people (solicitors? / accountants?) sit on this panel? Surely they should have the capability to deal with 2 cases at the same time if ever the need arrises?

If it's like a lot of advisory panels, it won't be their day job so it will need to be scheduled around that. Also there are probably statutory timescales you need to give them to read the submitted pack. I can't imagine two takeovers pop up at once very often so probably date ordered.

Having done it for local government in a previous life, panel and committee admin is a ball ache and can lead to delays just because of statutory process. Unlikely they'll call an extraordinary session for little old charlton ;)

Patience is a virtue!
  • Options

I only know their first names - Simon, David, Amanda and Alesha.

I think Simon is the leader.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!