Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:

With rumours circulating that the new owners will form a board, Muir will become chairman, Murphy chief executive and Elliott vice chairman. Where exactly does that leave currant COO and fans favourite Tone Cahone? Its only fair to recognise his hard work in building a relationship with fans destroyed by others by offering him a permanent position going forward. Maybe one of the catering outlets in The Covered End has a vacancy for someone with his talents?

Great getting Danny Murphy back!!!
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

With rumours circulating that the new owners will form a board, Muir will become chairman, Murphy chief executive and Elliott vice chairman. Where exactly does that leave currant COO and fans favourite Tone Cahone? Its only fair to recognise his hard work in building a relationship with fans destroyed by others by offering him a permanent position going forward. Maybe one of the catering outlets in The Covered End has a vacancy for someone with his talents?

Is it true that the Transportation Act of 1785 has never been revoked ?

In 1787, the "First Fleet" departed from these shores, arriving in January 1788 at what is now Sydney but then was known as Port JACKSON.....

A pertinent posting maybe for our Tone with the upcoming special relationship between the Brits and the Aussies ?
  • Options
    A condition of you buying the club is that all the remaining C suite officers remain in place

(AMuir aside to legal - who is that again mate? Oh Murray and Keohane - how long before I can sack them for incompetence, 3 months?)

Yeah that’s no drama Mr D. We can do that.
  • Options

Well there goes my Valley Gold renewal

If it’s a means to an end I think it’s ok.
    The end being getting rid of Duchatelet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well there goes my Valley Gold renewal

In some respects it’s better that we continue to produce saleable talent. Sure if the rumour is true Roland snatches a slice but the lions share goes to the club to either quickly pay off the £40 million or for investment where it sees fit.

If anything. Our academy products could be the key to getting rid of the bad smell that Roland is.

Exactly right.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    >

If there's a scintilla of truth in the rumour that 'the new guys' will be leasing the premises from the toxic old then this deal can wither and die so far as I'm concerned. Deferred payment based on whatever cock-eyed scheme, that's all fine. But for tooshitsalot to have his cancerous digits left in any part of Charlton's pie will be ruinous. All or nothing. Anybody getting into business with roly is at best a moron, to have that rancid dementor lingering around the place defies sense and will deny any respect whatsoever. I hope it ain't true. I'd sooner have Uncle Ron Noades as landlord, for eternity, than have anymore time in the toxic pantomime.

Me too but then he is dead. Don't forget his idea was (with J Fryer) to kill off Charlton Athletic to form a so called super club.
  • Options

Lee Bowyer has been a breath of fresh air and has bonded the club together, would love him to get the job full time and build his own team, however we have now lost 4 games under his leadership, he’s got much to learn I fear

True but this isn’t his team it’s Robinson’s ( who was severely restricted by RD) .
    The team is far too lightweight for this division and it showed at times last night , I’d like to see a team full of Bowyer type players then maybe we would not get outmuscled as often as we do . Reeves being the prime example of lightweight.
    Being saying the same for months. Whoever is in charge next season (if we don't make it) MUST build a team capable of getting promoted out of this awful league.

• Options
    edited May 2018

If there's a scintilla of truth in the rumour that 'the new guys' will be leasing the premises from the toxic old then this deal can wither and die so far as I'm concerned. Deferred payment based on whatever cock-eyed scheme, that's all fine. But for tooshitsalot to have his cancerous digits left in any part of Charlton's pie will be ruinous. All or nothing. Anybody getting into business with roly is at best a moron, to have that rancid dementor lingering around the place defies sense and will deny any respect whatsoever. I hope it ain't true. I'd sooner have Uncle Ron Noades as landlord, for eternity, than have anymore time in the toxic pantomime.

I share your anger if this is indeed true - but not your pessimism.

I've said all along that as long as there was/is a watertight lease with full legal rights to revert to freehold on the payment of agreed sums then it can still work - just as long as Two Sheds has no say.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I think it might be retaining the freehold of PART of the site from something I've heard. So for example the stadium footprint might be freehold and remain with CAFC but part of the ancillary land around it becomes leasehold to CAFC, with RD retaining the freehold. That would square with securing RD's position if, for example, there is a contingent payment for promotion to the PL that might not be realised. It's a long way from saying he can develop it, which might be his aim, but he'd have to get planning consent for that - and if he was doing that now why bother to issue a lease at this point?

In any event, this could not be done without all the former directors' permission or them being paid off.
  • Options

'Poisonous' is the perfect description for Murray.

Desperate ?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Scoham said

A lot of clubs have won promotion out of this league with a young manager in their first or one of their first jobs. Us included.

I'd much rather we took a risk on Bowyer than brought in another Slade.

—————————————————————

And as I think has already been stated, Bowyer and Jackson did not put this squad together.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

A lot of clubs have won promotion out of this league with a young manager in their first or one of their first jobs. Us included.

I'd much rather we took a risk on Bowyer than brought in another Slade.

—————————————————————

And as I think has already been stated, Bowyer and Jackson did not put this squad together.
    Maybe not, but they have got them playing considerably better in the last couple of months.

If Lord Bowyer wants the gig full-time give him a chance to get the players he wants.
    Sorry I didn’t make myself clear, but that’s exactly what I meant.
  • Options

Summary 11 May 2018

So it seems we have gone a long way to get back where we started.

Andrew Muir and colleagues were in the directors box and around the ground prior to the Shewsbury home game last night (10 May).

An Australian purchase of the club was the catalyst for the takeover thread starting back when Jesus was a cross maker.

Andrew Muir was named as the main money man in VOTV in September and has, according to strong sources, maintained his interest throughout Duchatelet's delays and attempts to find other bidders willing to pay more or pay in a more favourable way. He was most likely the party who thought they had an "imminent" deal in October and the "done deal" this spring. As other parties came and went he has stuck around which shows commitment and perseverance, if nothing else.

Rumours from other, less reliable, sources say that Duchatelet is retaining the ground or part of it and has a 10% sell on fee for young players sold. This would require a change in the lease on the Valley but no evidence has come forward of the 7 former directors, whose bonds would need to be addressed for that to happen, being approached.

Addickted had already alerted us to the Football League being put on standby by Charlton to carry out fit and proper persons tests.

The word from within the Valley at the time was that a deal was moving ever closer and could happen at any time.

Gerald Murphy (suggested new CEO, who was alongside Paul Elliot and Muir in the directors box) was said to have spent all day Wednesday 25 April ensconced in an executive box with Duchatelet's Belgian bean counter, who has been covering for David Joyes departed.

Four of the Aussie group then watched the Blackburn game from an East Stand box, wising to keep a low profile, something that it appears Muir et al no longer feel necessary.

The position of Lee Bowyer, promoted or not, remains unclear and there is still no official announcement or timetable. As ever under Duchatelet, communication with fans is poor or non-existent despite Muir breaking cover last night.

Meanwhile the players have a one-nil deficit to overturn on Sunday. It could be a crucial few days and weeks in the short and long term history of the club.

Excellent summary that clears a lot of points up without having to go through page after page.
  • Options
    *It's Gerard Murphy.

*Pedantic alert
  • Options
    Fantastic that Murphy is involved with his track record.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Fantastic that Murphy is involved with his track record.

Sorry who is Gerard Murphy?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!