Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Clarke and Reeves very wayward
  • Options
    Clarke has a pitching wedge for a left foot ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If Dasilva dont make it in the Premier League then he is proof at what a shambles the loan market and youth level is here in England.

Already he's the best player on the pitch for me

I still think he's going to get double-digit England caps. Only 19/20. Has all the tools to be a very, very good player.
  • Options
    Blackburn Rovers‏Verified account
    @Rovers
    8s8 seconds ago
    More
    17mins: Dack with a dangerous cross-shot from the left, which the Charlton keeper holds onto well. 0-0
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If Dasilva dont make it in the Premier League then he is proof at what a shambles the loan market and youth level is here in England.

Already he's the best player on the pitch for me

I still think he's going to get double-digit England caps. Only 19/20. Has all the tools to be a very, very good player.
    Hmm but he's at Chelsea though
  • Options
    Referee appears a bit suspect, that looked a shove in the back on the Blackburn player similar to the Everton pen last week
  • Options
    Posted at
    17'
    Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn Rovers) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

Posted at
    17'
    Foul by Josh Magennis (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    One thing I do like about Pearce is that he loves to get his hands all over an attacker and hold them back as much as possible. Reminds me of a young SDAddick playing 5-a-side where it is blatantly obvious if you are grabbing someone's shirt all night.
  • Options
    18'
    Foul by Dominic Samuel (Blackburn Rovers).

Posted at
    18'
    Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
  • Options
    19' Conway sends in a dangerous cross form the left for Rovers and Dack misses his kick in the middle. Charlton clear their lines. 0-0. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Rovers
    53s53 seconds ago
    More
    19mins: Quick counter-attack from Rovers, Antonsson with a pin-point cross from the left, but Dack uncharacteristically miscues his shot in the centre. 0-0
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Billy Clarke has just gone down. That did not look good. It looked like he turned his ankle or his knee in the turf. One of those where you could just see him crumble as he's going down. Made me wince.

To his credit he'd made a 40 yard recovery run past Solly who really has lost some pace.
  • Options
    Clarke injured
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

One thing I do like about Pearce is that he loves to get his hands all over an attacker and hold them back as much as possible. Reminds me of a young SDAddick playing 5-a-side where it is blatantly obvious if you are grabbing someone's shirt all night.

Yeah a couple of incidents show the experience we've been lacking the last few weeks.

Get bloody players in the box though, a cross is never gonna be successful if we've only got Magennis and Clarke as targets
  • Options
    21' Break in play here as Billy Clarke is treated for an injury. It looked like he may have twisted something as he changed direction. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    @Rovers
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    21mins: Williams with a superb run and cross down the left, Conway just can't climb high enough to meet it with his head in the middle. 0-0
  • Options
    He'll be fine and run it off
  • Options
    23' Clarke is back to his feet and play is restarted by Ben Amos... #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The referee serves drinks while break in play ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

The referee serves drinks while break in play ;)

He did not get me one :wink:
  • Options
    Ooo that looked dangerous
  • Options
    24' Rovers' Dom Samuel tumbles inside the box but referee Geoff Eltringham ignores his penalty appeals. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    @Rovers
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    23mins: Antonsson with a cross from the left this time, Samuel looks like he's held as he tries to meet it with a header, but the referee remains unmoved. 0-0
  • Options
    ross1 said:

24' Rovers' Dom Samuel tumbles inside the box but referee Geoff Eltringham ignores his penalty appeals. 0-0. #cafc

Absolutely nothing in it. Good defending from DaSilva just getting his body goalside and leaning his shoulder into Samuel.
  • Options
    25' Dack shoots wide for Rovers with his right foot. Amos had it well covered. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    Can the thread title be amended to say Charlton rather than CHarlton... Its really messing with my OCD
  • Options
    Their 9 goes down quicker than a cheap tart on a Saturday night.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!