Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Very likely a signing today (Best Signs Until January 27th (pg 11))

Comments

• Options

Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Heard last night that a fellow Charlton fan had a brief chat with Ajose this month. When asked if he would be coming back to Charlton, the answer was

This January

First Watt now Ajose on strikers we cannot get rid of. What is it with us with bringing in players with seemingly suspect attitudes?
    They're cheaper, the idea is that you can be the club that turns their attitude around and gets the best out of the them...
    Didn't Ajose cost £800k?
    No.

The fee was undisclosed.
    At the time the BBC site speculated the fee was around £800k.
    That means their reporter made a wild guess - so now people repeat it as fact.

Earlier this year in the Voice of the Valley, an article headed Priceless: how Duchâtelet wasted £10m on fees said:
    "Since chief executive Katrien Meire has put the price of Ajose (23 starts, five substitute appearances and seven goals) at £600k ...."

Still too much, of course.

• Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Heard last night that a fellow Charlton fan had a brief chat with Ajose this month. When asked if he would be coming back to Charlton, the answer was

This January

First Watt now Ajose on strikers we cannot get rid of. What is it with us with bringing in players with seemingly suspect attitudes?
    They're cheaper, the idea is that you can be the club that turns their attitude around and gets the best out of the them...
    Didn't Ajose cost £800k?
    Relatively cheap for a striker. Godden was linked with us and fees of £1.5-2m were talked about. We paid more for Varney and McLeod who were scoring at this level and that was 10 years ago with less money in the game.
    Varney and McLeod were signed at Championship level with the benefit of £11m parachute payments and in the context of large transfer receipts. So not really of much relevance to Ajose, I suggest.
    If he didn't have a suspect attitude maybe he'd be a better player, worth more and someone Championship clubs looked at...
  • Options

He's not signing today, is he?

*glum face*

• Options
    If you look in the dictionary under lazy and overrated it will say Ajose.
  • Options

If you look in the dictionary under lazy and overrated it will say Ajose.

I found it in the dictionary under waste of money.

• Options

Club wanted short term deal to January, Best wanted to summer.

Both reasonable stances I would say although the delay hasn't helped us.

Seems defeat yesterday has focused some minds and we should see who got what they wanted in next few days.

WIOTOS

Short termism again !!! Should have given him a contract until the end of the season - what the feck are they playing at ??? Say Best wants £5k per week, a deal from the end of Jan to the end of May would cost around £100k. We will lose 20 times that by not getting promotion this season.
    F*** me. £100k for 5 months. That'd be me sorted.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Has he signed yet? Don't tell me it's another late night until the witching hour on tenterhooks; I need my beauty sleep :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Club saving the announcement that we wont be signing a striker until the end of the January transfer window - only 64 days away!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Given that we’ve effectively only had one striker since August. I’m expecting our new January striker to be in the door at 09:00 hours on the first of January. The club have had months to sort it out.

Is it only me that thinks he will in reality rock up on deadline day and be fourth choice.
  • Options

We need to change the thread title - something like:

Very likely a signing on the 13th February 2018.

That should conveniently bypass all the urgent need and despair of the entire January transfer window .... before eventually signing the unfit free agent who couldn't get a club.

We've seen it all before.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    very likely tomorrow
  • Options
    And mentioned in piece too that Leon Best ready to sign short-term #cafc deal until January.

From Rich Cawley.
  • Options
    imminent
  • Options
    where the 'it's happening' gif when you need it?
    dickplumb said:

And mentioned in piece too that Leon Best ready to sign short-term #cafc deal until January.

From Rich Cawley.

which piece?
  • Options

dickplumb said:

From Rich Cawley.

which piece?
    It's tacked at the end of an article in South London Press about Konsa getting a new agent and old news about Charlton looking to get him back on loan if he's sold.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

From Rich Cawley.

which piece?
    His left foot probably!!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    #cafc looking for loan-back if Ezri Konsa sold to a Premier League club in January.

https://t.co/bgEX2J9Vid

• Options
    dickplumb said:

#cafc looking for loan-back if Ezri Konsa sold to a Premier League club in January.

*when
  • Options

dickplumb said:

*when
    When?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    #cafc looking for loan-back WHEN Ezri Konsa sold to a Premier League club in January.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Robinson has been talking about selling him since before the summer! I assume he has an agreement in terms of how much of the fee he can spend (if no takeover happens)
  • Options

Also mentioned that a big money exit failed to happen, and Konsa has now got himself a new agent.
  • Options
    How common is an immediate loan back? Not very from what I can see in the past. Handful of times. Seems unlikely to me. If a significant part of the transfer fee can be used then I guess that will be fine.
  • Options
    Nug said:

How common is an immediate loan back? Not very from what I can see in the past. Handful of times. Seems unlikely to me. If a significant part of the transfer fee can be used then I guess that will be fine.

Newcastle loaned back Lascelles and Darlow for the season, Deli Alli obviously, can't think of that many others
  • Options
    Did Palace keep Zaha?
  • Options

Did Palace keep Zaha?

Yes they did
  • Options
    He's in the squad for tonight.
  • Options
    might want to delete that @wss

• Options

might want to delete that @wss

Why?