Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Essex CCC

I noticed that Surrey and Kent have a thread of there own, but Essex don't. So I've started one.

Comments

• Options
    At home today. If it stops raining.
  • Options
    Wouldn't expect much play this morning looking at the weather forecast.
  • Options
    Looking at bit wet on Tuesday and weds as well. Im sure we lose more days to rain that most. Anyway, if you get going I'd hope that the batsmen carry on their form from the Surrey game. Chelmsford is a bowler's pitch these days, and with overcast conditions we will need to bat well seeing as we have been put in
  • Options
    Bloody Northerners.........
  • Options
    Glos 135-3
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    148/4. There's a chance that Essex won't be staring down the barrel of an innings defeat after only getting 159. Considering this is out ground, you'd think that we would get the hang of batting on it by now
  • Options
    179/6, lead by 20. I can see this being another close low scoring game... Maybe we will get a result despite the weather forecast
  • Options
    245 all out.

4-59 for young Jamie.
  • Options
    I see Adeel Malik is playing for Essex. He is attached to Bexley CC and was top wicket taker in the Kent Premier Division last season as well as being handy with the bat too.

If they were all available Bexley would have Adeel, Adam Ball, Adam Riley, Min Patel and Sam Heazlett who last month scored 160 for Australia U19 against England U19.

That said the Kent League at the highest level is littered with current and former county players and makes for great viewing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Essex. Absolute joke of a club. They've had £40 quid off my credit card for tickets and are denying any knowledge of it. We turned up at Chelmsford today at about 11.30; it took until about 12.45 to get them to issue tickets. All this time we were kept on our feet and had nothing to eat or drink. We went for lunch as soon as we got the tickets and decided afterwards that as we'd missed the start and were still so bloody angry that we didn't want to watch the match. There were about a dozen other people in the same position as us who, for various reasons, couldn't get their tickets either. We were all being dealt with by some poor student girl who was acting as a runner between the little ticket shed at the gate and the 'proper' ticket office which is unhelpfully situated inside the club shop within the ground. Absolutely atrocious organisation: This little girl had no means of communication with the ticket office other than running between the two. Meanwhile the guys selling trays of tatty merchandise had radios so that they could contact their supplier to get more outsized foam fingers. I think it speaks volumes about the priorities of an organisation when the foam-finger sellers have better communication channels than those whose job it is to get people into the ground. So, they've got forty quid of ours for nothing whilst we've had additional costs of transport and sustainance and a wasted day. It will be a while before I ever go back there again, bloody jokers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear that, Stig.

I expect that you'll follow the same course of action as I would ie write a detailed letter to the CEO/Secretary of Essex CCC explaining fully what happened & why you expect a full refund to be made.

Mind you, I would have resorted to "Gwyneth Paltrow" mode very early in proceedings this afternoon !
  • Options
    You mean you started steam-cleaning your...?

Well that's one way to make a complaint I suppose.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Sorry to hear that Stig. We went to horse racing last year & at one of the entrances, they said they had run out of tickets to sell and we'd have to wait there for more to arrive.
    The racing was just about to start, so we said sod that & we just barged through.
    Got in without paying :smile:
  • Options
    Very surprised to find the game on TV in a bar in Patong last night. Watched with an Essex fan as well, so quite happy.
  • Options
    Not surprised there has been little update of this thread.

only one win in the T20 and just lost to leicestershire who hadn't won a county Championship game since 2012.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Not surprised there has been little update of this thread.

only one win in the T20 and just lost to leicestershire who hadn't won a county Championship game since 2012.

Not the same Leicestershire that KP got 3 million runs against surely? This win really has upgraded that form.
  • Options
    Jamie got 6 wickets though.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited July 2015
    Sssssssssshhhhhhhh
  • Options
    Jamie went for 2-123 ouch !!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Jamie went for 2-123 ouch !!!

Stevens got after him yesterday afternoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Revenge for being his first ever wicket.
  • Options
    anyone know the kent match score?
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Only just caught up with this.

Essex 260 all out & 97-5

Kent 633-8 dec

Essex need another 276 to avoid an innings defeat

Hope that helps
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Essex 260 all out & 97-5

Kent 633-8 dec

Hope that helps
    sorry i was being naughty and gloating!%)<<
  • Options

Essex 260 all out & 97-5

Kent 633-8 dec

Hope that helps
    sorry i was gloating!%)<<</p>
    That's shameful behaviour. I was only on this thread in an attempt to keep Essex fans updated with the latest score.

P S Kent won by an innings and 207 runs.
  • Options
    Ugh. Ah well, we stuffed Kent in the first game. I'll be seeing them on Friday in the t20... I'm hoping Kent will realx as they are top.
  • Options

I'll be there on Friday too. I've yet to see Essex lose a t20 match!

don't worry you will on friday %)<<
  • Options
    History made at Tun Wells today. 633 for 8 declared, their highest on a Kent ground & their 3rd highest ever.