Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Wigan (16/8/14) - Post Match Views.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    shirty5 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't agree with certain posters comments then fair enough.

However to start telling these people that these posters are mental, being a child or having serous problems is out of order.

Congratulations on giving me my first flag, but...

I think you'll find Viewfinder tried to tell me what I'd seen. Ergo, he would appear to be incapable of grasping that people see things differently..

Are children capable of this? Yes, at a pretty young age.

Is it a serious problem if you can't do this? Yes, especially when you're on a website dedicated to sharing eachother views.

So I'll stick by what I said though, thanks for your concern.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    LuckyReds said:

shirty5 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't agree with certain posters comments then fair enough.

However to start telling these people that these posters are mental, being a child or having serous problems is out of order.

Congratulations on giving me my first flag and seemingly adding your own twist on to my post!

I think you'll find Viewfinder tried to tell me what I'd seen. Ergo, he would appear to be incapable of grasping that people see things differently..

Is it a serious problem if you can't do this? Yes, especially when you're on a website dedicated to sharing eachother views. (as I put in my post. However, it appears you're now alluding to that being a "mental" issue..)

Btw, if you read any of my more serious posts you'd know I would be the last one to call anyone "mental". Perhaps you'd like to get offended on my behalf now?
    You never put Mental in your post. A moderator did. Where have I twisted it then?
  • Options
    Yep I did but it was by no means meant to disparage anybody linked with people with mental illnesses, I'd like to think most people would recognise that, apologies if it's offended anyone.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    WSS said:

Yep I did but it was by no means meant to disparage anybody linked with people with mental illnesses, I'd like to think most people would recognise that, apologies if it's offended anyone.

Moderator. Moderate thyself !
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    shirty5 said:

LuckyReds said:

shirty5 said:

Congratulations on giving me my first flag and seemingly adding your own twist on to my post!

Is it a serious problem if you can't do this? Yes, especially when you're on a website dedicated to sharing eachother views. (as I put in my post. However, it appears you're now alluding to that being a "mental" issue..)

Btw, if you read any of my more serious posts you'd know I would be the last one to call anyone "mental". Perhaps you'd like to get offended on my behalf now?
    You never put Mental in your post. A moderator did. Where have I twisted it then?
    Apologies, I hadn't seen that. I thought you were digging my comment out and implying I meant that Viewfinder was mental..

I've edited my original post mate, as it was a bit harsh considering that was obviously me adding 2 and 2 before getting 6!

I do, however, stick by what I said. Viewfinder is more disruptive and argumentative than some of the guys that have got banned from here.

His views in this thread have flipped 180 and he's flat out told people what they have seen. That last bit makes him incapable of having an adult discussion and ultimately renders his contribution to a "discussion forum" as that of the contribution of a eunuch to a sperm bank.

Not to mention, it's just a huge bore now - watching the bickering spread after he spouts his rubbish then goes back under his bridge.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2014
    I have bitten once before to Viewfinder. Easy to do, as its all vaguely plausible. Viewfinder is just having a bit of fun. It can be entertaining if you don't take it seriously. Trick is not to bite. It is a football forum. Its good to lighten up and not to take it all really seriously. Not worth getting worked up over viewfinder. Good to enjoy the victory as imperfect as it may be.
  • Options
    Eunuch at a sperm bank lol
  • Options

Eunuch at a sperm bank lol

I'm glad that's been appreciated ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This person must have some sort of chemical imbalance if they find it fun to wind people up by coming up with certain inaccurate facts and then responding to other posters questions to these remarks with more inaccuracies. If you want to throw water on what most people thought is a promising start to this season then make sure the bucket isn't full of holes first. To come out and say stuff like "Don't you think it's about time simple moves were rehearsed and understood at Sparrows Lane?" are disrespectful and deserve to be ridiculed.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

To come out and say stuff like "Don't you think it's about time simple moves were rehearsed and understood at Sparrows Lane?" are disrespectful and deserve to be ridiculed.

To be fair, Viewfinder has gone down and witnessed what goes on down Sparrows Lane himself so at least he knows what he's talking about... (he must have by now surely?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A pretty even game, with some very low tempo and uneventful periods, but we just about deserved it on the basis of the three or four additional chances that we created (over and above our goals), compared to Wigan's single shot on target over 90 minutes. They visibly wilted at the end and the late winner was reward for our persistence with passing football. Wilson and Moussa livened things up when they came on and injected fresh energy into the side; in contrast, Wigan more or less gave up trying to score against our resolute defence and were clinging onto the point.

TBH (particularly in the second half) and Bikey were very commanding, while Buyens had a horse of a game - always available and looking for the ball. He more or less carried us in central midfield and we were stronger when Cousins came into the middle. Igor missed the one-on-one but he is turbo charged over the first 10 or 20 yards and Wigan found him very difficult to contain when he was on the shoulder of the last defender. They won'y be the last to do so.

A last minute winner and a pint of Wye Valley bitter at half time - most acceptable and certainly an enhanced match day experience. Looking forward to more of the same.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

To come out and say stuff like "Don't you think it's about time simple moves were rehearsed and understood at Sparrows Lane?" are disrespectful and deserve to be ridiculed.

To be fair, Viewfinder has gone down and witnessed what goes on down Sparrows Lane himself so at least he knows what he's talking about... (he must have by now surely?)
    I am even more amazed at his comments then if that is the case.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

I am even more amazed at his comments then if that is the case.
    Sorry... Was a joke because he always bangs on about SL and yet never answers the question of whether he's gone down there or indeed has any idea what happens down there...
  • Options

ross1 said:

LuckyReds said:

We were lucky yesterday. In the second half it took us until the last minute to have a shot anywhere near the target. Don't you find that peculiar?

We are at home. We get an attacking throw-in, our man has the ball over his head and is poised, frozen. Time passes. Eventually, one of our midfielders rushes up from thirty yards, receives the ball awkwardly and taps it back to him. By then, two Wigan defenders are in his ear, and we lose possession.

It's not just I who notices this: all the East Stand were complaining.

Look at this one. We had a rare corner: Our man played it short, and his mate gave it back to him. The lino 60 yards opposite flagged immediately: we were offside. This is a very basic error, committed not even by Sunday players in the local park.

We won yesterday, without playing football. We were bloody lucky. Don't you think it's about time some simple moves were rehearsed and understood at Sparrows Lane?

I sat in the east stand. I remember a one on one amongst others.
    Not in the second half you didn't - wherever you sit. In the second half we did nothing at all until the 90th minute: Vetoleke's one-on-one with Carson.

Don't you think it strange that when Cousins scored, he rushed down the touchline, embraced all the people in the front row, gave blessings to the disabled, hugged his mother, and leaped in to Peeters' arms?

Could you imagine Derek Hales, Paul Walsh, or Yann Kermorgant doing that? Good players defend, pass, move and attack. It's their bloody job.
    Sorry I must have been watching another game concerning Cousins. Yes he run down the line, he embraced no-one, he did not interact with the disabled, and only smacked Peeters hand. If you have to make up stories just to complain about Charlton, why go, or better still, yes go, TO ANOTHER CLUB, you are obviously a miserable person that just likes complaining. It must be galling for you that we won
    What did you think about Wigan? It was obvious within three minutes of kick-off that their players have far better technical skills: their control of the ball, accurate passing, understanding of space, and physical strength.

Take Wigan's goal, for example. Didn't we make a mess of it somewhere in midfield, as usual? There was a short curving ball that beat Wiggins; their attacker was in behind him, he controlled it, beat Wiggins twice and again, and curved a low shot across Henderson in to the net.

Can you imagine Callum Harriott doing that? Or Joe Pigott, on the defender's shoulder, anticipating the trajectory and quickly away? We were lucky yesterday.

So what are you saying about Cousins goal, I presume Carson was useless and a decent goalie would have saved it. I am beginning to believe you are really a Millwall supporter who is on here to wind us up. I suggest you go and play your childish games elsewhere and allow the true Charlton supporters to enjoy each others opinions.
  • Options
    Did nobody give you any attention as a Child, Viewfinder?
  • Options
    May have missed it earlier in the thread but I was really pleased to see a new player do the tunnel jump.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

We were lucky yesterday. In the second half it took us until the last minute to have a shot anywhere near the target. Don't you find that peculiar?

We are at home. We get an attacking throw-in, our man has the ball over his head and is poised, frozen. Time passes. Eventually, one of our midfielders rushes up from thirty yards, receives the ball awkwardly and taps it back to him. By then, two Wigan defenders are in his ear, and we lose possession.

Look at this one. We had a rare corner: Our man played it short, and his mate gave it back to him. The lino 60 yards opposite flagged immediately: we were offside. This is a very basic error, committed not even by Sunday players in the local park.

We won yesterday, without playing football. We were bloody lucky. Don't you think it's about time some simple moves were rehearsed and understood at Sparrows Lane?

Not in the second half you didn't - wherever you sit. In the second half we did nothing at all until the 90th minute: Vetokele's one-on-one with Carson.

Don't you think it strange that when Cousins scored, he rushed down the touchline, embraced all the people in the front row, gave blessings to the disabled, hugged his mother, and leaped in to Peeters' arms?

Could you imagine Derek Hales, Paul Walsh, or Yann Kermorgant doing that? Good players defend, pass, move and attack. It's their bloody job.
    Oh dear. Thought it was too good to be true....

Mr Hyde is back with a vengeance.

• Options
    edited August 2014

LuckyReds said:

Not in the second half you didn't - wherever you sit. In the second half we did nothing at all until the 90th minute: Vetokele's one-on-one with Carson.

Oh dear. Thought it was too good to be true....

Mr Hyde is back with a vengeance.

See what you did @FannyFanackapan asking him to get his temperature taken the other day he's probably on stronger medication now :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Callum says VF is a WUM. I suspect he is Royston Vaysey from ITTV who Reams banned because he is a serial poster of negative rubbish. He also ID'd and invited him for "a chat". Don't reply to this guy's posts and justify his drivel or he will drag this forum into the mire.
  • Options
    Bit of over reaction to Viewfinder I feel.

He seems to fancy himself as something of a scribe and can often get carried away with his own rhetoric but I think it is a sense of the romance of sport and Charlton in particular rather than malice that drives him.

In recalling the great figures of the past he, like all of us, forgets the sea of mediocrity just occasionally illuminated by the sublime that we witnessed back in the day hence his seemingly harsh attitude to the class of 2014/15.
  • Options
    Buyens and Yohann looked excellent in the ten minutes highlights, quality attacking football for both igor and wiggins; chance... lots of positivies and if Igor can contain his frustration when things arent clicking for him and get on a proper run of forn he will score plenty... you can see he has that strikers hunger...

Yohann is all class and buyens, all looking very good...

The back pairing I couldnt get a feel for, as they didnt appear alot on the ten mins highlights bar TBH bringing it up in the lead up to our second goal but I'm very upbeat from reading the feed back on here bar the frankly strange new form of "entertainment" by posting deliberately negative and false opinions just to get peoples backs up ... but I'm not to judge, you carry viewfinder if it makes you happy ... each to their own and all that ...

Also our back line seemed to be puching right up onto their half way line when in posession which I liedk maybe its TBH experience in successsful teams but it felt like we were just pressuring them heavily in the last quarter right on them... As this team gels more and the players really get to know each others game I can see this being a very strong season ...

a win tonight and the optimism could really start to hit overdrive...

• Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Methinks that Viewfinder should change his name to Out of Focus, followed by Hocus Pocus.
  • Options
    Viewfinder's alternative take on life, (perchance fuelled by copious Vol aux Vents????????) can be entertaining. More fool those who get taken in by it. There is an "ignore" function for those who need it......
  • Options
    A good start to the season but to pour a touch of reality on proceedings - so far we've drawn against the League 1 runners-up, beaten 10 man Colchester and edged it against a Wigan side who've won only 3 of the last 12 games.
    Blimey, that is doom and gloom, but you know what I mean. Let's not get too high or too low with wins/defeats just yet.