Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Holloway on the Championship

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/6929172.stm

He's tipping West Brom and Sheff Utd for automatic promotion and reckons Pards has a tough job on his hands at our place. I can't see Sheff Utd doing that well, but I hate Robson so I'm probably biased. I love the fact Palarse don't even get a mention at all.

Also, probably been put on here before but this is Holloway at his best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YBgp_LaPWc

Comments

• Options
    funny man
  • Options
    He certainly is. Down here in Oggyland, they all love him (at Plymurf Argyle), sense of humour and all.

I'm quite happy to see his comments. He might well be right and that's okay, as it'll take a bit of pressure away from us - and we can come from outside the promotion positions and stride away to lead the pack after Easter. ;-)
  • Options
    I cant see WBA running away with anything myself and would have them down as playoffs at best.

They've lost Kamara, Koumas and look like losing Davies. That's the spine of their side! Add to that the experience of Chris Perry and you've got a huge hole right down the middle that needs to be replaced with equal quality and then bed in.

Even if Davies doesn't go, how happy will he be spending another season at this level when he feels he should be in the Prem?
  • Options
    wba are looking to sign that morrison from boro, quality player he is.

agree with dan tho, i cant see them doing that well, 2nd at best for them, but i would think they will come 3rd and lose the play offs!
  • Options
    Just read Brom are trying to sign Pele for £900k.

Im sure he'd sell shirts, but isn't he a bit past his best nowadays......???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Just read Brom are trying to sign Pele for £900k.

He wants to break Romario's record
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Just read Brom are trying to sign Pele for £900k.

With his previous ventures into the world of advertisment I'm sure he could keep them up at least
  • Options
    two signings for West brom today, defender Carl Hoefkens from Stoke for £750k and midfielder James Morrison from Boro for £1.5m
  • Options
    Morrison is a good signing for anyone in this division
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited August 2007
    morrison, great little player he is, good signing! they will do well if he stays fit! that kid has done us a few times already and he is only young !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Interesting interview by Holloway, breath of fresh air or moronic to slag your own fans off? I'm leaning to the latter.
  • Options
    The guy's an idiot . He's living off one lucky year.
  • Options

Interesting interview by Holloway, breath of fresh air or moronic to slag your own fans off? I'm leaning to the latter.
    Definitely the latter

Especially moronic to slag your fans off for leaving early on a weeknight... I'm usually asleep by 10pm yet attending Charlton tonight means I wont be home till nearly 11pm - It'll be a worse situation for others who wont get home till later and have to be up for work earlier the next day... Sorry Ian but you lot in Football need to realise this factor in normal people's lives!!
  • Options
    From what I heard QPR were pretty poor, how early is he talking about?

Maybe next game a lot of fans won't bother turning up to show unappreciated they are?
  • Options
    Does he realise how stupid he sounds?

He's moaning because the fans left early, "our boys need you, you should've stayed", yet seemingly he's forgetting they managed to turn it round from 0-2 to 2-2 after half the fans had already left.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    A great article from Rory K Smith in the New York Times a couple weeks back on how old British managers, not foreign managers, create a glass ceiling for younger coaches. Holloway is a great example of this. Like Allardyce and Moyers mentioned explicitly in the article, he keeps getting hired despite limited success in days long gone.

The Biggest Obstacle for Young British Coaches? Old British Coaches https://nyti.ms/2jbHEiK
  • Options
    I agree with him. Unless you really have to catch the last train home (which at 10pm is not likely, unless you are getting a connecting train elsewhere & I reckon it would be less than 100 fans doing this) then stay until the end. You usually have 1 home game every other week, maybe 2 in 10 days if you count midweek games, so that's 100 mins (counting added time) so why not see it all. You don't leave a film or a play 10 mins early, so why a football match. If its that bad then stay until the end & show your displeasure by booing. I wonder how those fans felt last night leaving after 85 mins & getting back to their cars or turning on their phones 10 mins later to find out they've got a point.
  • Options

I agree with him. Unless you really have to catch the last train home (which at 10pm is not likely, unless you are getting a connecting train elsewhere & I reckon it would be less than 100 fans doing this) then stay until the end. You usually have 1 home game every other week, maybe 2 in 10 days if you count midweek games, so that's 100 mins (counting added time) so why not see it all. You don't leave a film or a play 10 mins early, so why a football match. If its that bad then stay until the end & show your displeasure by booing. I wonder how those fans felt last night leaving after 85 mins & getting back to their cars or turning on their phones 10 mins later to find out they've got a point.

If the game is still competitive, I would never leave before the final whistle and can't understand people that do-imagine missing a last minute winner in an important game. On the other hand, if we're 5-0 down with 20 minutes to go, I'm beating the traffic and not sticking around just to make myself feel a bit better by giving the players a good boo off. Not that it would make me feel any better come to think of it...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    QPR were absolutely terrible. If I was him I would have kept my mouth shut knowing he'd got away with one.

QPR never looked in the game until Brentford's keeper made a dreadful mistake dropping an uncontested corner followed by Brentford's winger pathetically pulling out of a 50/50 challenge right before their equaliser.

Brentford gifted them an early Christmas present. This wasn't an earned draw.

If I had been at a London Derby involving Charlton, already pissed off that the game was on a Monday night and witnessed a performance with such little passion or enthusiasm, I'd have left early too.
  • Options
    That Holloway bloke talks a lot of sense ;-)