Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Cole

I thought last seasons announcer was truly awful, he sounded like a low rent game show host for a south American television channel, we need Brian Cole back, a man who did a fantastic job and who loves the club. Simon Jordans always going on about how much he hates us and what 'idiots' we are so I don't see why our board cares if he insulted them a little bit. Lets get behind Brian and get him back in the job!! We need him. Also the House of Pain music before kick off is crap and amateurish- I wish we'd drop it!!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2007
    totally agree on Brian Cole -don't give a monkeys about the music - music is music
  • Options
    agreed.
  • Options
    I think we should start a campaign to get MCS to do it with Ketman on the wheels of steel...

MC MCS and DJ Ketters... Got a certain ring to it!
  • Options
    dont think the majority of charlton fans would be ready for me dude!
  • Options
    Yeah agreed with MCS Announcing the Teams.

You should of heard his Paddy McCarthy squeaky Oirish voice Impression on Saturday...priceless.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't care if its Brian or not, i'd take anyone over that current berk. No offense, he's probably a nice guy, but we don't need nor want a 'professional' from the entertainment industry. We need one of our own to do the basic function; read the teams, do the announcements etc.

We don't need to be 'whipped into a frenzy' on the announcement that kick off is five minutes away, we don't wish to greet Floyd and Harvey as if they are a Grade A couple like Brad and Angelina.

Its the falseness of the whole thing that gets to me. With Brian, or another fan doing the role, you get a much lower key but more apt build up to the game purely from the tone of their voice, ie. you can sense tension, excitement subtely without having it rammed down your earholes pantomine style.

If there were cutbacks to be made, surely the pre-match American sanitisation a 'professional' brings should of been higher on the agenda than it was ?
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more, the over exaggerated attempts to 'hype' up the crowd do the exact opposite- dampen the mood. I personally believe it should be Brian as opposed to anyone else. He did a fantastic job and knows the job inside out.
  • Options
    This was bought up at the Maidstone fans forum, someone said 'a lot of us are missing Brian Cole' or something along those lines and Pards said he really liked the gy who we have now, Murray said he was not the one who sacked Brian and didn't really hear what happened. Pards caught the gist of what had happened and said something similar had happened at West Ham and caused a right stir so it was right the guy had to go.

However, I think Brian Cole is a legend who did a very simple job very well and would have him back tomorrow. And I don't like the fella who does it now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]And I don't like the fella who does it now.

his soppy voice grates me! wish he would just shut up!
  • Options
    It's three o clock, it's the Valley .........

F*CK OFF!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]It's three o clock, it's the Valley .........

F*CK OFF!!!!

LOL!
  • Options
    I really couldn't give a monkeys to be honest
  • Options
    Sash, it's the close season, we haven't signed anyone for a few days. What else are we going to honk on about?

Valley Gold??
  • Options
    hehe, but honestly, I couldn't give a toss who announces the team, I've met Pete and he's a good bloke, and so is Brian, but you know, big deal
  • Options
    In the greater scheme of things it is in all fairness a pretty anal thing to moan about. I'm sure the bloke is a nice fella, if we'd stayed up last year and everything went tickedy boo then I doubt any of us would be bothered. It was just another thing, having a northerner yelling over the PA system as opposed to a southerner, if we win lots at home I'm sure none of us will be too fussed and will find something else to whinge about!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I really couldn't give a monkeys to be honest

Exacly, there's more important shit to worry about
  • Options
    "Valley Gold??"

Talking of Valley Gold, I wonder whether it will need to be dusted off for Colchester?
  • Options
    I can't believe so many people are getting so over excited by our announcer. Yes, he's annoying but so what. Life's too short to worry about something like this. Are the club going to sack him? No. Is he going to resign? No...So just live with it.
  • Options
    stay in the pub an extra 5 minutes.
  • Options
    it bothers me a bit o be honest....its just a bit annoying. makes me a bit embarrassed at times! really one for hyping and entertaining the crowd...stand there and read the teams out like you actually give a shite....thats all i want to hear!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering some of the old pony that gets talked to death on here sometimes I am shocked - but pleased - to read some of the "who gives a s**t"-type comments on this thread.

Is this the shape of things to come I wonder? We shall see.
  • Options
    Brian can come back now that Rado's gone.

Jeez Brian............why did you say his name like that...........you were souly responsible for me having an extra pint to avoid hearing you ;-)
  • Options
    Bring him back
    Nothing against the bloke do it now as i dont listen to much as im either at the bar of talking with friends.

But i dont think Cole should have been sacked.

MAybe the home game against Palace he could be re instated?
  • Options
    Simon Jordan has subsequently come out with far worse than Brian Cole ever did.

I would reinstate Brian for a one off comeback against Palarse. If it goes well then give him the job permanently and send Pete back to Warrington Wolves or wherever he was before.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]This was bought up at the Maidstone fans forum, someone said 'a lot of us are missing Brian Cole' or something along those lines , Murray said he was not the one who sacked Brian

Sure it wasn't Varney at that meeting? He tends to say one thing and do another!!!!
    BC was sacked by the club, and Murray cannot wash his hands. It was the worse piece of management until we appointed you know who after Dowie.
    Bring back Brian! And release Roger while your about it.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Anyone notice on Saturday he was talking about the womens game on Sunday and said when we take on Crystal Palace best make sure I say that right, haha it made me laugh
  • Options
    Chizz said:

An eleven-year bump. Top work, Paulie.

Coming from a bloke who was that curious about a flag waited 15 months to ask about the flag.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

An eleven-year bump. Top work, Paulie.

I am sure there is a more recent thread, but without being able to go on the full site and searching for threads I have taken to use google to find threads haha