Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

OP Cottage: From all those of us living abroad

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Right, I'm sure that those of us living abroad all share the same feelings I am feeling right now. Feelings of utter disappointment at the fact that we can't join you all at Operation Cottage this evening. There is nothing more I'd rather do than be there tonight cheering on the mighty Addicks with my fellow supporters, at a time when the Club need us all most. A time when we will feel our full power as supporters! Willing the team to victory, like composers directing play from the stands, bringing harmony out of discord. One goal, two goals, three... Like the proverbial twelfth man... etc. etc.

But, sadly, that's not to be. No, in the harsh, cold light of reality, the shear geographical distance that separates us now, means I, like countless other exiles, won't be there. I can't be there. So here, I play my small part, resigned to the fact that I shall not be one of the brave souls shouldering the expectations of the heaviest of three points. No, my destiny is not to stand on the "terraces" with you tonight, for it is not to be so heroic, but to rally those not able to clearly see that it is their right, nay their duty, to join the fray, to be there tonight... to play the heroes' part.

If you are in London tonight and not going to the Cottage, then please take a moment to think of us International Addicks anguishing in exile, desperate for the hint of an opportunity to be there, but knowing full well of such an impossiblity. To be there on what will surely be an historic night; the night, a fans' night, that kick started our best ever season. In the morning, and forever after, you will have the right (the right so cruelly denied to me) to say: "I was there". To begin stories for evermore, with the lines: "I was there on the night..." To recount the most regaling of tales whilst your mates in the pub, your first child on your knee, look on transfixed, a tear in their eyes... To know that you stood and were counted in the hour of need. How selfish are you to turn down the opportunity to make history???

This may be a guilt trip... for it's our last stick with which to beat you non-believers and cynics over the head. But it's sincere... sincere nonetheless... so get your mates, go get your tickets at the gate and take your right to say: "I was there..."

Common you Redddddddddddsssssssssssssssssss!

Comments

• Options
    *sob*
  • Options
    *fights back tears*
  • Options
    Tough.

Stick your snow, stick your sun, and stick your better quality of lives.

We're gonna Fulham, we're gonna Fulham, YOUR NOT !!

:-)

Those watching at home, make sure you keep the overseas guys up to date on here.
  • Options
    Stuff you lot living abroad - I got to work until effing 8pm. Cannot get out of it and I wanted to go.

And before anyone says book 1/2 day I don't have enough holiday.
  • Options
    then please take a moment to think of us International Addicks anguishing in exile

There'll always be a part of some foreign land that will remain forever Charlton.

Right I'm off down the pub...

Come On You Reds!
  • Options
    you cna take the boy out of charlton, but you cant take the charlton out the boy!!!!!!!!!!!

CAFC