Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

When should we start getting worried?

Now I'm not one to start jumping up and down in a blind panic. But considering we are pretty late to the Championship party shouldn't preparations have started.... Well last week?

We know the Belgian scroat will play his usual game of last-minute .com and make manoeuvres that benefit himself and himself only but the championship is a bloody hard league these days. 

I feel for the staff. I really do. Playing catch up when you've got 50 tonne of Belgian uselessness to carry along for the ride can't be easy. A clear strategy would be a start but I know that's probably asking too much.

The fella should have been on the Bone to Bowyer and co before they'd even stepped foot off the Wembley turf. I guess he still hasn't called.
 After Sundays jubilation it's easy to forget things still are at code red.
Doesn't pre season start in 3 weeks??

Oh gawd!!

Comments

• Options
    If we get to Monday and Bowyer and co aren’t signed up then I’d start to get seriously worried. 
  • Options
    I'm not worried, I think under Bowyer we'll have enough to stay up which has to be deemed a success given the circumstances. Am expecting a long season though. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I'm not worried, I think under Bowyer we'll have enough to stay up which has to be deemed a success given the circumstances. Am expecting a long season though. 
      Bowyer you say.
    Here's hoping.
  • Options
    Talal said:
      Bowyer you say.
    Here's hoping.
    Well yes there is that. If he isn't here I'll be shitting myself. 
  • Options
    Don’t worry - business all done in secret behind closed doors. 5 players each from Man City and Liverpool on their way to be drip fed to the press over the next few weeks........
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Now. We’re two weeks behind the other promoted sides in getting signings in. 
  • Options
    When some of the under 12's get a call up for the Welling game.
  • Options
    Players and management at most clubs are still on holiday . Not much business being done anywhere yet . 
  • Options
    About tomorrow, I would say.
  • Options
    Late January.  Every year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stop worrying, we have been told that RD will sell before the end of June and then the new owners will sort out the management including football staff, get Bowyers players sorted out, present and new and we will still be ready before pre-season starts. Simple...... :(
  • Options
    The summer break has barely started. Bugger all actual transfer activity has happened yet
  • Options
    Now. One of the 3 best managers at this club in my lifetime is being treated poorly, two of our most important players who we will struggle to replace haven't signed up yet and both have offers from about 100 clubs each by the looks of social media, clubs have already made moves in the market and I have a bad feeling we are going to be too stingy with our offers for the better free agents knocking about and all the takeover talk has gone quiet.

It's amazing cause Wembley felt so special and the optimist in me thought that we would hear something within a few days. Now I know it was only 10 days ago but it just feels a bit concerning how quiet things are. Either we are doing tremendous business behind closed doors and nothing is leaking through or quite literally nothing positive has moved along since Wembley. Sadly I think it's the latter 
      It is a bloody joke if you ask me.

But when you consider there was an awful lot of luck involved in where we now find ourselves I wouldn't be surprised to see the wheels falling off pretty spectacularly.
  • Options
    Now. One of the 3 best managers at this club in my lifetime is being treated poorly, two of our most important players who we will struggle to replace haven't signed up yet and both have offers from about 100 clubs each by the looks of social media, clubs have already made moves in the market and I have a bad feeling we are going to be too stingy with our offers for the better free agents knocking about and all the takeover talk has gone quiet.

It's amazing cause Wembley felt so special and the optimist in me thought that we would hear something within a few days. Now I know it was only 10 days ago but it just feels a bit concerning how quiet things are. Either we are doing tremendous business behind closed doors and nothing is leaking through or quite literally nothing positive has moved along since Wembley. Sadly I think it's the latter 
    As a matter of interest, do you mean Curbishley, Powell and Bowyer? 
  • Options
    The summer break has barely started. Bugger all actual transfer activity has happened yet
      Transfers are not my main concern amazingly.
    We have a management team whose contract ceases in 3 weeks!
  • Options
    Last week of August we will still be waiting on a couple of loan deals so a very long way to go. 
  • Options
    This is exactly the sort of thread I’d start (sorry) but ...........

I am 100 per cent chilled, I’ve learnt my lesson after going all doom and gloomy after the Sunderland away game last season, I predicted we were going to be relegated.

Im just going to de stress , rather than distress, let Lee have a good old fish up in one of his lakes and breathe....
  • Options
    March 2020 when we haven’t won a game because we can’t get a full 11
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players and management at most clubs are still on holiday . Not much business being done anywhere yet . 
    This, it's the same every year, people have short memories.
  • Options

• Options
    I would say if nothing is done by the end of next week.

Bowyer, Jacko and Galen will have done their preparation and be ready to go. Just need a contract signed at least a couple of weeks before pre season training begins.
  • Options
    kodfish said:
    Further behind than that, Luton and Barnsley were promoted in April
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    kodfish said:
    The management team would’ve had a plan in place for both League One and the Championship at least three months before the end of this season.

They would be fools to have absolutely nothing set out until after the final whistle at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    kodfish said:
    The management team would’ve had a plan in place for both League One and the Championship at least three months before the end of this season.

They would be fools to have absolutely nothing set out until after the final whistle at Wembley.
    We know they had a plan for both leagues and lists of players they wanted, because they told us and Bowyer has allegedly been on holiday until today.
  • Options
    I'm sure Bowyer has already stated he knows his budget and has made offers to retain some key players. No need to panic. .......yet.
  • Options
    I’m not going to be or have I been worried over something I have no control over and already have a fair idea how things are going to pan out. 
    For them that need a reminder; the senile, tight fisted, one man club destroyer arrived here 4 and a bit years ago and since then has watched 2 games, sold our best players at every opportunity, introduced players and coaches that would not and cannot get jobs in English football, alienated the fan base, pissed of the club staff while employing some in positions way above their abilities and probably another dozen things I cannot remember. He sought of shit lucky with the present team of coaches but it’s worth remembering how they came to be in charge and how they have been subsequently treated contract wise.
     I don’t expect anything from the man who clearly has a track record of telling untruths. I don’t even think he wanted promotion.
    But to answer the original question, the time to worry has long since passed.

• Options
    Chizz said:

As a matter of interest, do you mean Curbishley, Powell and Bowyer? 
    Yeah, have to say it cause people get upset if you say Bowyer is a better manager than Powell.

My post probably is dramatic seeing as all contracts are up on June 30th and it's by then we will probably know where we are at but still