Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What was the Party tune played at Wembley?

It was incredibly catchy and I hadn't heard it before. Before Sweet Caroline  

Comments

• Options
    September.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    September.
    Thanks. Going to download it. A song that I will always associate with Sunday. 
  • Options
    Great shout, I'd forgot that song from the day, goosebumps and tingles still coming back listening to that a week on. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/2Y6Nne8RvaA

This came on at some point, cant remember if it was before Sweet Caroline though 

It was actually that one .

I just remember everyone chanting it . It really caught the mood .
  • Options
    It did all feel a bit contrived, particularly when watching the end of the villa game the following day and hearing largely the same songs all over again.

But I guess that's just how things are these days. People seem to like or accept being told  what to do a lot more....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2019
    There was Depeche Mode - Just can't get enough as well. I like New Life - Depeche Mode but the song was quite cheery. Missus danced and was happy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6FBfAQ-NDE
  • Options
    And while we're on the subject, when and how did Sweet Caroline become a football song? It seems to get played all over the place now and I'm just interested how that started.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    They also played this Inbetweeners dance tune. Brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7wBGekB2-w
  • Options
    What a very special day. Previous one off games like Preston promotion, back to the Valley 1st game, 1998 play off were special to me . This was to me THE perfect day. Had my Son with me whom missed 98 as he was 4, and we soaked up the fantastic feel good factor all the way up from Bexleyheath Station to Wembley (and back) . The crowds outside, the CAFC fans in the bars, wow. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    And while we're on the subject, when and how did Sweet Caroline become a football song? It seems to get played all over the place now and I'm just interested how that started.
    It's the go to song when it kicks off in the crowd at big boxing shows.

Seems to have crossed over from that 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Also at cricket matches.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    The music felt incredibly loud and prevented any chance of a genuine Charlton chant to start. Don't want to moan too much as it was still a great post-match atmosphere but it would have been nice if it was either turned down or off at some point so 38k of us could belt out VFR, Lee Bowyer's Red Army, etc, together. 
    I would agree. Much better celebration away at Doncaster. The music killed the connection between players and fans
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    https://youtu.be/2Y6Nne8RvaA

This came on at some point, cant remember if it was before Sweet Caroline though 

It was actually that one .

I just remember everyone chanting it . It really caught the mood .
    Been saying for a long time we should adopt this and play it at home games. When the goal goes in or at the end of the final whistle 
  • Options
    They also played London Calling at some point. And Twist and Shout of course.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Off_it said:

Also at cricket matches.
    I know it's everywhere and Lincoln City have been playing it at home games for well over a year now.

But the question is still, how and why did it come about?
  • Options
    Played this tonight in Madrid too. 
  • Options
    Obviously the same compilation CD doing the rounds. Catchy singalongs are all very well but they could at least make an effort to keep them football or club related. It was starting to sound like a wedding reception disco at one point. Having said that, we were all so wrapped up in the moment that it's not really that important I suppose. The sheer joy of a last gasp winner is what stays with you.
  • Options
    After the first handful of songs I too felt it had a wedding vibe.
  • Options
    se7oaks said:
    Obviously the same compilation CD doing the rounds. Catchy singalongs are all very well but they could at least make an effort to keep them football or club related. It was starting to sound like a wedding reception disco at one point. Having said that, we were all so wrapped up in the moment that it's not really that important I suppose. The sheer joy of a last gasp winner is what stays with you.
    I thought they did. To me it added to the occasion. 

Valley Floyd Road sung by the players.
    Red Red Robin. 
    Don't You Want Me ( Lyle Taylor Baby)
    Something Good 

In contrast the playlist for Villa included Hi Ho Silver Lining which I understand is their Club anthem. 
  • Options
    They played the VFR cover before the game, same as in 98 and it never sounds that great. Sunderland’s club song was sung a lot louder.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    tom- k said:
    They played the VFR cover before the game, same as in 98 and it never sounds that great. Sunderland’s club song was sung a lot louder.
    It was so noisy in our end that for most of the time the sound system at Wembley reminded me of the old tannoy at the valley where nobody could hear it. Singing along to piped music was always going to be hit and miss in our end of the ground 
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of this music lark, for reasons others have said, but at least i  thought the volume wasn't overwhelming before the game, unlike at many grounds, including sometimes The Valley. And I really liked the music they played as the players came onto the pitch. I expect it has been created for the Stadium, but it reminded me a lot of the long Underworld track at London 2012. That was the point at which my cynical Czech buddy pulled out his phone and started filming, finally persuaded that he was going to be impressed.